PDA

View Full Version : Making a new Game

Obeying
04-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Heya i'm making a new online game. And i'm needing some coders

All Coders Are Requred To Code in ShockWave [I Dno the Professional Term For It]
And MUST Have An Exgample of their work.

Also I'm looking For Some Graphics Designers And i mean PROFESSIONAL. As This is an online game and is hoping to earn Me And My Partner Calum Some Income - Will Be Cheap To Buy The Games Currency just thought i'd tell you :)

Intrested Post Here Or PM ME:eusa_danc

Oni
04-11-2007, 03:18 PM
What are you paying the designers and coders?

29g.
04-11-2007, 03:22 PM
hey obeying havent tlk to u in ages

Obeying
04-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Well when the actual game opens ror near to it you will be payed depending on what our Cash Status is, most probs will be when game opens and we start making money!

please People this is a serious game that i have calculated We can Make ALOT of money from
But it's not all about the money its about the eonjoy ment of the game and we can't supply the game or pay server fees if we don't earn anytthing thats reason why we're changeing people for out currency :)

MOD PLEASE MERGE THIS POST WITH OTHER PLEASE TY

Oni
04-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Well when the actual game opens ror near to it you will be payed depending on what our Cash Status is, most probs will be when game opens and we start making money!

please People this is a serious game that i have calculated We can Make ALOT of money from

MOD PLEASE MERGE THIS POST WITH OTHER PLEASE TY
So they do all of the work and you get the profits. Could I see a copy of your business plan please.

Obeying
04-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Well If You Would Kindly Add To Your Instant Messenger (MSN): [email protected]

Thanks

Obeying
04-11-2007, 07:23 PM
CAN A MOD PLEASE DELETE THREAD COS IM BUILDING THE STORYBOArD BEFORE I HIRE STAFF - THANKS - Obeying!

Obeying
05-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Infact Don't Please ;)

Edited by Tomm (Forum Moderator): Please don't double post.

B0C
05-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Lol, erm, no shockwave developers will do the project for free and then wait until you get profit to get paid.

Obeying
05-11-2007, 09:18 PM
as i said it depends on how the cash flow is when we come to paying them..

Zak
08-11-2007, 12:09 PM
1. No-ones going to work for free
2. Gaming market is tough, will be very hard to make money
3. You need ALOT of coders to make a decent game
4. You do nothing, and yet recieve profit.
5. This isn't going to work.

Colin-Roberts
08-11-2007, 12:25 PM
2. Gaming market is tough, will be very hard to make money (Not True)
3. You need ALOT of coders to make a decent game (Not True)

But besides that i agree with him.

iTechnical
08-11-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm not working on the project until I get proof of decent Lingo coders,
and some more gfx staff >_>

Invent
08-11-2007, 07:21 PM
2. Gaming market is tough, will be very hard to make money (Not True)
3. You need ALOT of coders to make a decent game (Not True)

2. Gaming market is tough, will be very hard to make money (Half true)
3. You need ALOT of coders to make a decent game (You need a fairly decent sized team to create a new game without using a base (like 'Zetolic' used TheoWorld)

Zak
08-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Although if the game concepts new and exciting, you could make a fair bit. Hard to start off however, just offer jobs and free stuff... lol

gl on finding people..

i can only code in VB and Abit of Java

Mentor
08-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Your project, your financhal burden. If people are gonna put time in, why should the risk going out of pocket, thats your job. Take out a loan if u need to, pay the staff, when its done and working make use the finances to pay back the loan and go in to profit.

Also Shockwave is somthing im starting to dislike, go with java its a much nicer platform :p

Puma
08-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Your project, your financhal burden. If people are gonna put time in, why should the risk going out of pocket, thats your job. Take out a loan if u need to, pay the staff, when its done and working make use the finances to pay back the loan and go in to profit.

Also Shockwave is somthing im starting to dislike, go with java its a much nicer platform :p

agreed. =)

Jae.
09-11-2007, 08:00 AM
2. Gaming market is tough, will be very hard to make money (Half true)
3. You need ALOT of coders to make a decent game (You need a fairly decent sized team to create a new game without using a base (like 'Zetolic' used TheoWorld)

Andrew Gower made the first part of RuneScape Classic on his own.

Zak
09-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Yes, but now runescape has alot of coders..

and Java, I believe is one of the hardest languages to learn.. I know alot more people though who can code in Java than Shockwave.

[Oli]
09-11-2007, 10:20 PM
One of the first things you need to make a profit making business is actually cash.
Don't start on this untill you can pay coders & designers for their work.

Why do you think adults take loans first & then set up a business later.
Or loan first & then build the house.

You can't accomplish anything without spending some funds into your project.
Please keep that in mind.

Thanks,
Olivier

EDIT: & at the runescape thing.
RS classic wasn't a direct bullseye.
That guy had to work hard & get a team together to get his game going.

Chippiewill
10-11-2007, 09:25 AM
sorry you seem like one of those noobs who wants to make their own habbo and think its easy....

lolwut
10-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Hate to join the group flame but;
1) Making a game is not easy.
2) You say you'll pay coders who'll spend alot of time making it when you start making money. That's not gonna happen.
3) You'll give up when you realise it won't be done by next week.

Sorry, but you will fail.

Oni
10-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Owning an MMOCC isnt as fun as it sounds, trust me I know from experience, it takes alot of time and you are constantly under pressure to improve it.

Obeying
10-11-2007, 12:00 PM
To Be Honest It's finished the planning Stages and you mate Im not a noob who wants to have my own habbo, i'm 21 :S.
Also i have some decent coders and grafix staff, And i'm not going to sit there doing NOWT, i'm guna code aswell myself + I'm guna do graphics Aswell so There ;O

Beau
10-11-2007, 12:02 PM
I think it will be interesting to see where this goes... :)

Obeying
10-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Hate to join the group flame but;
1) Making a game is not easy.
2) You say you'll pay coders who'll spend alot of time making it when you start making money. That's not gonna happen.
3) You'll give up when you realise it won't be done by next week.

Sorry, but you will fail.

You don't know me i aint ******* stupid i no it ain't guna be done next year i was thinking it was guna be done in 2 years so beat that.
And how do you know i'm guna give up you;ve never ******* met me and don't know me so **** OFF AND IF U DON'T WANNA BE STAFF THEN DON'T POST SIMPLE AS!

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Beau
10-11-2007, 12:06 PM
You don't know me i aint ******* stupid i no it ain't guna be done next year i was thinking it was guna be done in 2 years so beat that.
And how do you know i'm guna give up you;ve never ******* met me and don't know me so **** OFF AND IF U DON'T WANNA BE STAFF THEN DON'T POST SIMPLE AS!

If you're going to give everyone who critisizes your project a mouthful of curse-words and the like, then don't expect to get anywhere. You need to be able to communicate intelligently, without having to rely on that sort of language in order to try to make yourself appear big.

Obeying
10-11-2007, 12:08 PM
i'm just soo frustrated at people who think they no me, and they DON'T!
sorry for the language but it aint Fair with the critisism,

Beau
10-11-2007, 12:13 PM

It's difficult, but in this circumstance, you have to hold your head high, and don't react like that to critisizm you're given.

You also have to be aware that from the point of view of forum users, many of whom have had a stab at social networking / MMOCC, it looks to be a rather big ask to get people to help create a game without payment until the project 'makes money'. That isn't the way life works; a web developer needs to be paid regardless of the success of the project.

Oni
10-11-2007, 12:13 PM
People are always going to critisize you, take it on board and get on with it. I actually think its more than fair to critisize you, you made your first post about it which gives:
-No details
-No graphics
-Nothing about what kind of game it is
Which shows that it hasnt been planned out which it needs to be, to the last detail.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!