PDA

View Full Version : My brother is getting me down

Jodie!
04-11-2007, 04:30 PM
ok so I have not long turned 18 and I was in my second year of Childcare at college and I decided to quit the course because I decided it wasn't the career I wanted to go into. I'm thinking of going into IT and when I went into tell my tutor I was quitting she helped me sort some IT courses and some courses start in January but for the time being I have applied for a job at next as they are recruiting staff for christmas. My brother is really getting me down though everytime I do something he brings up college its like earlier on I got asked to clean up the living at first I said no because it was his mess and then he started saying well I go to uni and you do nothing now you have quit college :l and then he asked me to go to shops for him and he brought the college thing up again its just like everytime he brings it up it feels like I have done the wrong thing but I know I have done the right thing

Pirrom
04-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Just ignore him, he's probably just doing it because he knows it annoys you, or ebcause he cares and wants to make sure you go back.

CJW93
04-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Kick him!!!

Ostinato
04-11-2007, 07:00 PM
ok so I have not long turned 18 and I was in my second year of Childcare at college and I decided to quit the course because I decided it wasn't the career I wanted to go into. I'm thinking of going into IT and when I went into tell my tutor I was quitting she helped me sort some IT courses and some courses start in January but for the time being I have applied for a job at next as they are recruiting staff for christmas. My brother is really getting me down though everytime I do something he brings up college its like earlier on I got asked to clean up the living at first I said no because it was his mess and then he started saying well I go to uni and you do nothing now you have quit college :l and then he asked me to go to shops for him and he brought the college thing up again its just like everytime he brings it up it feels like I have done the wrong thing but I know I have done the right thing

Well next time he says it just say "and what?". He is no better than you just because he got better grades - you are still equal people.

If it does happen again just put him in his place and let him know what you think. Tell him he isn't anything special just because he goes to uni and doesn't mean people have to run after him. If he wants something from the shops - then he knows where they are just as well as you do.

Just remember, you chose to leave college yourself as you had the maturity to realise your life wasn't set out to do so, so it's not as though you weren't good enough for it or anything.

alex 1889
04-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Kick him!!!
we have a winner

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!