PDA

View Full Version : 5 November 2007 - Assist System

Mikkaoz
05-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Today we introduce a new means for players to help each other: the Assist System (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?guid=controls_assist). This update allows a lower-level player to 'borrow' the skill levels of a more experienced player, creating objects that they could not before.
To take advantage of the Assist System, right-click on a player you would like help from and select 'Req. assist'. That player can then click a pink message that appears in their chat box, deciding whether or not to offer you assistance.
If the assistance is accepted, you are free to use the skills of the other player, making items and taking advantage of their higher levels. The assisting player receives all of the XP, while you keep all of the items you create. This makes the Assist System a quick and safe way to get help making items!

A hand-in-hand icon will appear at the bottom-right of your screen when you are being assisted: http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/controls/assist/assist_icon.gif A good example is making an amulet of Strength (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?guid=magic_non_combat_magic). You may have the level 49 Magic to enchant a ruby amulet, but not the 50 Crafting to actually make it. With the Assist System you can safely 'borrow' the skill levels of an expert crafter to cut an uncut ruby. Still using the Assist System, you can then make the ruby amulet at a furnace with a gold bar, an amulet mould and ball of string. With the use of an Enchant Level 3, you can turn your ruby amulet into an amulet of Strength.
The Assist System can be used with the following skills:

Construction
Cooking
Crafting
Farming
Fishing
Fletching
Herblore
Hunter
Magic
Mining
Runecrafting
Smithing
Woodcutting Notes:

You can adjust your filters to allow or disallow any assist requests.
You can earn a maximum of 30,000 experience in any 24-hour period by assisting people.
You cannot assist someone with a quest, an Achievement Diary (they will not be able to mark a task complete if they were assisted in this way) or a minigame.
Summary

A way to use the high levels of someone who is willing to help!
Simply right-click on a player and choose 'Req. assist' to start.
Read the Knowledge Base article here (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?guid=controls_assist) to read more about this system.

In other news...
Some of the children in Meyerditch and Burgh de Rott were missed out from the NPC update. They have been revisited by the Makeover Mage who has given them a more consistent look.
The time-out in the Duel Arena has been reduced to 30 minutes from the previous 60 minutes. We feel this is more than enough time to defeat your opponent with whatever method you agreed upon!
We've also updated the stat icons in the skills tab. They now have a more detailed look, while maintaining their classic characteristics.

J4M3S
05-11-2007, 12:09 PM
So i can just click on someone who has got 99 crafting and then i will have 99 crafting too

micky.blue.eyes
05-11-2007, 12:15 PM
So i can just click on someone who has got 99 crafting and then i will have 99 crafting too

Only if that person is next to you and willing to do nothing while you craft. =/

The assisting person won't be able to do anything. RIP OFF!

J4M3S
05-11-2007, 12:19 PM
The new icons are dodgey

---MAD---
05-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Seems like a safe alternative to giving someone gems just so they can cut them for you without ending up being scammed :).

J4M3S
05-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Seems like a safe alternative to giving someone gems just so they can cut them for you without ending up being scammed :).
Well duh

Wizzdom
05-11-2007, 01:55 PM
One of the worst updates i have seen, is there really any point in boosting our own skills now....

J4M3S
05-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes; for bragging rights..

JackBuddy
05-11-2007, 04:15 PM
does that mean that we could barrage for ages? does it wear down?

Swinkid
05-11-2007, 04:53 PM
atat icons changed

Originalmoh
06-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Hehe i can get it from my main :) loool i dont play that i play on my pure so i can get 88 woodcutting :)

TonyBest
06-11-2007, 05:23 PM
The best thing is that u can only get 30k xp per day from it

Skiller
08-11-2007, 10:24 PM
This puts the bussiness out of crafters now who use to do furys :O

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!