PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about WoW

Mexam
05-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Ok, I have some questions about WoW, and I'd like some answers! :)

1_When I join WOW, what is the official website for the UK. wow-europe.com/wow.com etc...

2_When I join, should I get burning crusade straight away.

3_How many realms are there?

4_Is it possible to talk to people from other realms

5_What is the most popular realm, like the one with the most people, which I should join.

6_Can Horde talk to alliance?

7_Do I have any lack of joining this late?
For example, if i was to join Habbo now, I'd have a disadvantage as other people have gotten Xmas 2006 badges etc, is it the same with WOW. have they done something only for people before, like emotes and stuff, or would joining now be the same as joining 2 years ago, and have no disadvantage?

8_Is a Human Warrior a good choice

9_What is the best Mount, how much?

10_How hard is it to get used to the game (know the maps etc)

11_Is burning crusade another map, what does it do? what's the point of it? how does it effect the game?

12_I understand you can get to level 70, but are there skills, like there are on rs like mining etc. How many are there, how many can you have. Which are the most profitiable and how do you raise them? Also, what's their highest level?

Thanks very much for answering these
I'd rep everyone who answers, please answer all :)
Erm...even though my rep is so low, I'd still rep ;]
Thanks all!!! :)

SHOKER
05-11-2007, 03:41 PM

1_When I join WOW, what is the official website for the UK. wow-europe.com/wow.com etc... yeh it is wow-europe.com

2_When I join, should I get burning crusade straight away. Up to you not needed but if you want to have 2 different races and a different profession sure

3_How many realms are there? tons ;)

4_Is it possible to talk to people from other realms Not ingame, only way ingame is through a battleground, but the chances are low to be in the same battleground as a mate

5_What is the most popular realm, like the one with the most people, which I should join. isnt really a popular realm, its better to go to a "medium" realm so its not full so you dont have to queue when you log in

6_Can Horde talk to alliance? not in-game only emotes

For example, if i was to join Habbo now, I'd have a disadvantage as other people have gotten Xmas 2006 badges etc, is it the same with WOW. have they done something only for people before, like emotes and stuff, or would joining now be the same as joining 2 years ago, and have no disadvantage? yes but its not important stuff just like small pets and rank titles infront of your name doesnt matter

8_Is a Human Warrior a good choice whatever floats your boat, being a human is good for a warrior because of the racial passive of advantages with maces and sword

9_What is the best Mount, how much? best mount? i would say the fire phoenix but only available to level 70's so doesnt matter, the lowest mount you can get is level 40, it costs 81g(depending on your reputation) to train the skill and 9g(depending on your reputation) to buy the mount

10_How hard is it to get used to the game (know the maps etc) not long i wont lie you will have trouble on where to go sometimes as its your first character but hundreds of sites to help you eg (thottbot.com/wowhead.com/wowiki.com etc)

11_Is burning crusade another map, what does it do? what's the point of it? how does it effect the game? burning crusade is needed for players to level from level 60 - 70 it adds another continent for players to level from level 58-70 and a few instances for level 60-70. you get 2 new races (draenei & blood elf) in your character selection, there is a new proffesion called jewelcrafting where you can create necklaces/rings/gem/prospect etc

12_I understand you can get to level 70, but are there skills, like there are on rs like mining etc. How many are there, how many can you have. Which are the most profitiable and how do you raise them? Also, what's their highest level?
yes there is skills you dont need them but you can if you want and very profitable, highest level is 300 if you dont have burning crusade and 375 if you do have burning crusade. most profitable are the gathering professions which are : herbalism ( pick up herbs) skinning (skin mobs fur for leather) and mining (mine veins for ores which can be smelting into bars) in my expierence mining is the best. you can have a maximum of 2 proffesions and as many primary proffesions which are cooking first aid fishing.

ouch my hands hurt lol

dont +rep me btw look at my sig :P

Elkaa
05-11-2007, 03:45 PM
1_When I join WOW, what is the official website for the UK. wow-europe.com/wow.com etc...
The website is: www.wow-europe.com (http://www.wow-europe.com)

As much as Blizzard would love me to say yes, the answer is: No. Not unless you want to roll Bloodelf or Dranite. It will take you a while to get to 60.

Lots ;)

Only during battlegrounds

5_What is the most popular realm, like the one with the most people, which I should join.
All realms are popular. I think the average per realm is around 20,000 characters, or something like that. I'm currently on Stormrage, and there's never a quiet moment!

No.

None at all. You can easily catch up. The next 'patch' will make it 30% easier to level.

Warriors can't cast, what are you thinking of?! Yes - Warriors are a safe choice, if you enjoy tanking things.

There are 4 types of mounts.
Level 40, 60% speed increase: 80 gold
Level 60, 100% speed increase: 560 gold
Level 70, 60% flying speed increase: 1000 gold
Level 70, 280% flying speed increase: 5000 gold

www.thottbot.com (http://www.thottbot.com) will help you alot with quests.

11_Is burning crusade another map, what does it do? what's the point of it? how does it effect the game?
The Burning Crusade introduced an extra sub-area, only for levels 60+, to level to 70 and to explore new content.

There are lots of skills. Mineing and Herbalism are often the best ones for money making. They have a skill of upto 300 in "normal" WoW, and 375 in Burning Crusade.

SHOKER
05-11-2007, 03:47 PM
beat you go me :P

Neil
05-11-2007, 03:48 PM

For example, if i was to join Habbo now, I'd have a disadvantage as other people have gotten Xmas 2006 badges etc, is it the same with WOW. have they done something only for people before, like emotes and stuff, or would joining now be the same as joining 2 years ago, and have no disadvantage?

1 - Wow-europe.com

2 - No, most of the content is for 40+

3 - Loads

4 - Only in BG I Think

5 - When you select one the most populated ones are in red, alot of people like Killrogg but others don't

6 - Only if you know how to translate it lol

7 - The only major disadvantage you'll have is being low level, but that will go away after time

8 - Depends what you are after really

9 - The best land mounts are probably the epic mounts that require level 60, you can only use the mount specific to your race but if you get high enough reputation with the different allies you can use there mounts aswell, you always get flying mounts, which are only available in outland at level 70, I think you get a quest where you can use one before but I'm not sure

10 - It's easy if you play enough, you normally spend alot of time training in a certain place from the start so you will get used to it rather quickly, if not you have an easy to read mini map aswell as the world map

11 - It's an expansion pack, unlocking two new races (Dranei and Blood elves), it also lets you use the jewlcrafting profession, reach level 70 and the ability to go to outland

12 - You get various professions that you can choose, you can only have from what I can remember 2 major and quite a few minor, major professions include leather working, skinning, jewlcrafting etc.

That's all I can really help with from what you want, I'm sure some of the much more experienced players on this forum can help you alot more as they actually still play it :P

You'll probably get about the same answers, if not more detailed ones xD

Mexam
05-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks for all the help!
But im worried about answers to question 7.
I want to be equal with others who have joined the game before me, but I'd be lacking them ranks and small pets :(

Neil
05-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks for all the help!
I want to be equal with others who have joined the game before me, but I'd be lacking them ranks and small pets :(

Ranks and small pets don't do anything

Elkaa
05-11-2007, 04:02 PM
The battleground ranks are being reintroduced in a later patch.

SHOKER
05-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks for all the help!
Not really they are nothing

The battleground ranks are being reintroduced in a later patch.
Source? hasnt been confirmed

Mexam
05-11-2007, 04:14 PM
I know but it's like Habbo badges. You see someone with an XMas 06 badge, and you know they've been around since then. I want to be equal with others =[

SHOKER
05-11-2007, 04:16 PM
I know but it's like Habbo badges. You see someone with an XMas 06 badge, and you know they've been around since then. I want to be equal with others =[
dont worry mate the rank titles are easy to get when you are level 70 just play arena the pets they release loads of unique ones so dont worry

Elkaa
05-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Source? hasnt been confirmed

Read the WoW Europe page about honor ranks.

"Will return at a later date"

Mexam
05-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Oh. So i can still get them rank titles? I thought they once they released them to the people, then you couldn't get them anymore? Can I still get the rank titles? Is it still a possibility?

SHOKER
05-11-2007, 04:29 PM
well elkaa just pointed out at a later date so guess so

Mexam
05-11-2007, 04:42 PM
will they differ from others or not.
Also, did everyone get them rank titles back in the day, or was it just a few?

Decapitated!
05-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks for all the help!

Seriously, loads of people create characters daily so you wont be alone anywhere in the game

and to the burning crusade question, if you want to play a blood elf (Horde)
http://gaygamer.net/images/379.jpg
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5738/wowscrnshot082706065718vr2.jpg

Or a draenei
http://www.mygamer.com/files/articlescreens/draenei_female.jpg
http://worldofwarcraft.judgehype.com/screenshots/classes/shaman/draenei-male.jpg

Then get burning crusade!

i went horde and personally have found many nicer people than the alliance side, but levelling is indeed a bitt easier on the alliance side, not as much travveling and way populated, but on most servers horde are better in battlegrounds!

not many people have them, theres only 1 really special one though that only 2 people on every server which says Scarab lord but it sounds tacky anyway

Elkaa
05-11-2007, 04:54 PM

Very few got Grand Marshal
Very few got Field Marshal
Very few got Marshal
Few got Commander
Alot got ranks under Commander.

The "grind" upto Commander took 7-8 weeks of 16 hours a day, none stop, PvP. Most couldn't be bothered.

iluv2spam
05-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Very few got Grand Marshal
Very few got Field Marshal
Very few got Marshal
Few got Commander
Alot got ranks under Commander.

The "grind" upto Commander took 7-8 weeks of 16 hours a day, none stop, PvP. Most couldn't be bothered.
Soz but i got High warlord *Blows raspberry*

iluv2spam
05-11-2007, 05:54 PM
The website is: www.wow-europe.com (http://www.wow-europe.com)

As much as Blizzard would love me to say yes, the answer is: No. Not unless you want to roll Bloodelf or Dranite. It will take you a while to get to 60.

Lots ;)

Only during battlegrounds

All realms are popular. I think the average per realm is around 20,000 characters, or something like that. I'm currently on Stormrage, and there's never a quiet moment!

No.

None at all. You can easily catch up. The next 'patch' will make it 30% easier to level.

Warriors can't cast, what are you thinking of?! Yes - Warriors are a safe choice, if you enjoy tanking things.

There are 4 types of mounts.
Level 40, 60% speed increase: 80 gold
Level 60, 100% speed increase: 560 gold
Level 70, 60% flying speed increase: 1000 gold
Level 70, 280% flying speed increase: 5000 gold

www.thottbot.com (http://www.thottbot.com) will help you alot with quests.

The Burning Crusade introduced an extra sub-area, only for levels 60+, to level to 70 and to explore new content.

There are lots of skills. Mineing and Herbalism are often the best ones for money making. They have a skill of upto 300 in "normal" WoW, and 375 in Burning Crusade.

Lolol horde can talk to alliance,

mmowned.com and theres a guide for it.
Soz. :)

(Double post added new info)

theres only 1 really special one though that only 2 people on every server which says Scarab lord but it sounds tacky anyway

Just stop it, theres one per server but it isnt about the title its the AQ40 Black war mount that can be used anywere, unlike the normal AQ mounts.

SHOKER
05-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Lolol horde can talk to alliance,

mmowned.com and theres a guide for it.
Soz. :)

(Double post added new info)

Just stop it, theres one per server but it isnt about the title its the AQ40 Black war mount that can be used anywere, unlike the normal AQ mounts.
yeh a legit way of talking to opposite factions you are so dumb

iluv2spam
05-11-2007, 09:37 PM
yeh a legit way of talking to opposite factions you are so dumb
Its legit since you can't get banned for it.

1/10 thanks

SHOKER
05-11-2007, 09:41 PM
wanna bet? you can

iluv2spam
05-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Orite, go do it get your self banned and post the email pls. thx

Decapitated!
06-11-2007, 07:18 PM

really no need for you attitude, get it sorted its a simple mistake

SHOKER
06-11-2007, 07:21 PM
really no need for you attitude, get it sorted its a simple mistake
*Removed*

Edited by --ss--2 (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to other users

Decapitated!
06-11-2007, 07:27 PM
he is 9yr old arrogant kid cant blame him mate

Oh and also to ILUV or w.e you can get banned for speaking to alliance if your horde, so do your research it got banned when a program called babelfish was out

Bossy
12-11-2007, 06:37 AM
Uhh, yes you can get banned for it. You cannot exploit the game in anyway, which you do to communicate. It's in the Terms and Conditions.

SHOKER
12-11-2007, 02:48 PM
pwned iluv2spam

iluv2spam
12-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Would be fun to see how many accounts they'd banned from that then as there is thousands, maybe millions that have communicated in simple forms not /e cross factions.

;) EU hardly ever ban anyway. There *****s compared to US.

SHOKER
12-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Would be fun to see how many accounts they'd banned from that then as there is thousands, maybe millions that have communicated in simple forms not /e cross factions.

;) EU hardly ever ban anyway. There *****s compared to US.
hmm maybe :P

but EU is a bit harsh, perm ban for speedhacking, didnt even warn me :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!