PDA

View Full Version : I don't like eating posh :[

Nemo
07-11-2007, 02:54 PM
On sunday (don't know why im posting it now but w/e) i had to go oxford for this new students thing and coz oxford is really posh, i had to eat all posh. The food there was all cold and lame and we had to pay £16 for a crap meal. I had like 3 different knives n forks, only 1 spoon!! They are mad. Also i couldn't have my elbows on the table and that usual posh stuff. The deserts were quite nice though, but wasn't much of them. Also i now know i hate fizzy water.

GommeInc
07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I eat normally when I eat posh? They can't actually have a go at you as far as I am aware?

Nemo
07-11-2007, 02:58 PM
I eat normally when I eat posh? They can't actually have a go at you as far as I am aware?I know, thing is though a lot of it was stuff you would eat with your hands, well i eat most things with my hand, except like soup... I happened to be sat opposite a really posh woman who gave me a dirty look everytime i used my hand a bit... Scary lol.

FlyingJesus
07-11-2007, 03:11 PM
I like a lot of posh food but some stuff is crap, where you like pay £20 for hardly anything. Quantity over quality please lol

spot.
07-11-2007, 03:12 PM
id rather have a macburger from macky ds then expensive posh

GommeInc
07-11-2007, 03:15 PM
I know, thing is though a lot of it was stuff you would eat with your hands, well i eat most things with my hand, except like soup... I happened to be sat opposite a really posh woman who gave me a dirty look everytime i used my hand a bit... Scary lol.
Ah, don't make a posh woman angry. She'll hurl abuse in the form of big posh words and if she is a business woman, then she'll hurl abuse with big posh words and some french.

Don't you also have to sit up straight or something rediculous? Or am I thinking of eating in the presence of Chinese people?

Hitman
07-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Ah, don't make a posh woman angry. She'll hurl abuse in the form of big posh words and if she is a business woman, then she'll hurl abuse with big posh words and some french.

Don't you also have to sit up straight or something rediculous? Or am I thinking of eating in the presence of Chinese people?Nah, chinese people don't give a damn (well my mate doesn't). :P

Nemo
07-11-2007, 04:02 PM

Don't you also have to sit up straight or something rediculous? Or am I thinking of eating in the presence of Chinese people?yer i had to act all formal. They gave us wine n fizzy water, they both tasted crap. The wine was really lame....

sock
07-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Oxford is great, its only posh around the university, But they have some of the 'hardest' gangs in England. Its great around the suburbs like Headington and new Marston.

PaulMacC
07-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Kebab FTL!

Nemo
07-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Oxford is great, its only posh around the university, But they have some of the 'hardest' gangs in England. Its great around the suburbs like Headington and new Marston.
Yer it was the uni coz of my sister bein there i had to go =[ 3hour drive!

Kebab FTL!
i like kebab

Shawnstra
08-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Nah, chinese people don't give a damn (well my mate doesn't). :P

We don't really care lol, we're too into the food (i'm Chinese)

PaulMacC
08-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Cavier (sp?) tastes like crap.
I threw up after I ate it.

@xP
08-11-2007, 07:57 AM
in other words table manners?

table manner suck you should be able to eat how you want to eat.

flux
08-11-2007, 08:09 AM
LOL where abouts in Oxford did you go? Town Centre?

If you went there, and went into the old prison there are a lot of posh resteraunts there yahuh.

LOL I wouldn't say Oxford is posh at all, it is just full of s**** from the university walking around with their noses pointing into the sky.. &Hardest gangs in britain? Urm lol. But Blackbird Leys and Barton are rough as ****. I used to live in New Marston aswell :D!

Nemo
08-11-2007, 10:41 AM
in other words table manners?

table manner suck you should be able to eat how you want to eat.
Exactly, it's like extreme table manners though ;[

If you went there, and went into the old prison there are a lot of posh resteraunts there yahuh.

LOL I wouldn't say Oxford is posh at all, it is just full of s**** from the university walking around with their noses pointing into the sky.. &Hardest gangs in britain? Urm lol. But Blackbird Leys and Barton are rough as ****. I used to live in New Marston aswell :D!The university

le harry
08-11-2007, 11:38 AM

LOL I wouldn't say Oxford is posh at all, it is just full of s**** from the university walking around with their noses pointing into the sky.. &Hardest gangs in britain? Urm lol. But Blackbird Leys and Barton are rough as ****. I used to live in New Marston aswell :D!

I saw that prison resturant on some travel show lol.

flux
08-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Exactly, it's like extreme table manners though ;[

The university
More than one campus..

I saw that prison resturant on some travel show lol.
There is like one main on, in the actual prison, then there is like another 15/20 around it in a courtyard thing. It's really nice there x] I live like 10 mins from there.

Nemo
08-11-2007, 04:02 PM
More than one campus..

There is like one main on, in the actual prison, then there is like another 15/20 around it in a courtyard thing. It's really nice there x] I live like 10 mins from there.

Lady Margaret Hall

LMH.

flux
08-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Aint got a clueeeeee where that is lol.

Why did you have to go there anyway?

Nemo
08-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Aint got a clueeeeee where that is lol.

Why did you have to go there anyway?
Coz my sister got into oxford (woo) we had to go there for some posh introdcution lunch thing... There was a tour aswell but we cba to go on that so we just chilled and my sisters room and saw the gardens n stuff.

Fun.
http://clients.networks.co.uk/ladymargarethall/images/littletour.gif

If you look at the bottom of that pic, you'll see it says "main entrance porter's lodge" well above that if you can make it out it says Something west

well thats where my sister is living <;]

Stephen
08-11-2007, 04:34 PM
We don't really care lol, we're too into the food (i'm Chinese)

OMG!! I NEVER KNEW YOU WERE CHINESE ENNIT?!?!? I LOVE CHOP SUEEE OR HOWEER YOU SPELL IT!!

Are people from singapore chinese then?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!