PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial Site?

redtom
08-11-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm thinking of creating a new tutorial site but would any of you use it? Not just read the tutorials but would anyone register, become part of the community and submit tutorials?

I don't really want to waste my time designing + coding the whole site for it not to be used, nor do I want to waste money on a domain what I can only use for a tutorial site.

craigg.
08-11-2007, 04:38 PM
I think tutorial sites are a bad idea. There are so many out there.

Edit: I think it would be best to submit your tutorials to a well established site, give it the hits it needs.

Chippiewill
08-11-2007, 05:33 PM
If you go on techtuts theres a tutorials system for tutorials sites which dont like to use forums

p.s. If i didnt put enough or to little tutorials into the above sentance then please forgive me, its hard.

p.p.s. Well only two 'Tutorials'

redtom
08-11-2007, 05:41 PM
If you go on techtuts theres a tutorials system for tutorials sites which dont like to use forums

p.s. If i didnt put enough or to little tutorials into the above sentance then please forgive me, its hard.

p.p.s. Well only two 'Tutorials'

I can code it myself, I'm not an idiot.

Turnip
08-11-2007, 05:42 PM
with your level of coding etc.
ive seen
i reckon you should go for it..
i myself am not a very good designer etc. so i wouldnt be able to sumbit anything, but if it is good i would glady register.

all the best with it, if you go ahead with it.

Save
08-11-2007, 05:47 PM
with your level of coding etc.
ive seen
i reckon you should go for it..

Ditto, I would certainly use it.

iTechnical
08-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Tom, I'd lend a hand I can describe things pretty well. ^_^
You have my msn.

Blob
08-11-2007, 07:44 PM
PM me.

Ill help PHP

Beau
09-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Meh, I'd think a forum site would be better, to be honest...

Oni
09-11-2007, 08:39 AM
I agree with craigg. too many out there. I would imagine it would waste alot of your time with little reward, to start it off you would have to write loads of tuts yourself and I still seriously doubt it would get popular.

Jae.
09-11-2007, 03:56 PM
I would gladly help, i would write tutorials and help with coding the system.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!