PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Auction site?

efq
08-11-2007, 07:57 PM
If I was to open a site that is for Habbo Auctions.

Features;
You have to register,
You start your auction set price and price per bids and how long the auction lasts,
PM Feature,
Auction Ratings aka Feedback,
And more.

If permission to link back for Habbo Rare Values to Habbox.com

Some of you may have used MapleStory Basil market or Neopets auction.

It will be similar to that. But this is no competition over Habbox.

But would you visit it?

iTechnical
08-11-2007, 08:03 PM
I put a maybe, i'm not too sure..

Blob
08-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Its illegal aint it? And loads of scams will happen making it un reliable

Nemo
08-11-2007, 08:59 PM
i think its furni for furni, not furni for money

efq
08-11-2007, 08:59 PM
How will it be scams and no it isnt illegal.

You are way confused. Auction for Habbo furni for Habbo Furni. on Habbo not real money

adamFTW
08-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Or furni for layouts, etc.

Puma
08-11-2007, 09:01 PM
should be good but i doubt people will bid cos all the seller would want the EXACT price value or more.. at the end of the day furnitures will not be traded.

EDIT: AdamFTW idea is good

tart
08-11-2007, 09:04 PM
like an ebay styled habbo furni site thing ... maybe..

Markness.
08-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Habbox have a thing just like that im 80% sure...
and it sounds like a lotta hassle over something you could possibly sell in 30 seconds in the right room

tart
08-11-2007, 09:15 PM
should be good but i doubt people will bid cos all the seller would want the EXACT price value or more..

they should have reserved or starting prices.

efq
08-11-2007, 09:31 PM
It would have.

they should have reserved or starting prices.

Flumples
08-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Sulake won't be happy with it, not sure if they'll be do anything about it though unless you're auctioning furni for money. They'll be a load of scammers using it anyways.

Oni
08-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Sulake won't be happy with it, not sure if they'll be do anything about it though unless you're auctioning furni for money. They'll be a load of scammers using it anyways.
How? You cant be scammed

I was going to make this back in 04 as many will remember, I was gonna call it Habbay lol.

Nli.
08-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Uhm if its furni for furni...
Like instead of crawling around rooms looking for people with a certain item you can look for it on here and make an offer its like that old television programme swap shop

Flumples
08-11-2007, 10:19 PM
How? You cant be scammed

I was going to make this back in 04 as many will remember, I was gonna call it Habbay lol.
Oh yeah, I was thinking that it'd involve dropping furni down in people's rooms... dunno why! Yaya that's fineeeeee :)

efq
09-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Heres a some up.

You register on the site.
You search for the piece of furniture your looking for.
It brings up a list of them, sellers and prices.
You bid at the auctioners price. So HC per bid or ect ect values.
It notify's the user.
Either one of you PM each other and decide were to trade.
Add feedback.

Done :)

Jae.
09-11-2007, 07:51 AM
I thought it was a auction ? So they would have to wait until the end to trade ?

efq
09-11-2007, 06:09 PM
I thought it was a auction ? So they would have to wait until the end to trade ?
Yes, the buyer can choose to close it if they are happy with the current bid even if theres a day to go.

Blob
09-11-2007, 08:59 PM
If its like eBay, people get scammed on eBay, so think what it would be like on your site.

Jamieb
09-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Nice Idea It would be v good! Go for it.. Iv pm'ed ya

redtom
09-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Why would some one want to go on a site to trade what would take days over spending 5 minutes in a trading room?

Jordy
09-11-2007, 10:08 PM
lol I don't think some of you understand him yet.

If I put a HC sofa on the Habbo Auction Site. Someone bids a mocha, then someone bids a red dragon to beat it. The red dragon then wins the auction! They meet on Habbo, and trade the HC for the red dragon.

It wouldn't work, I could quite easily bid 1 throne, in an ideal world it's not a bad idea, but Habbo is for teenagers and children, it wouldn't be used responsibly and people will just bid silly things and never trade.

Also it'd be unfair, if I put a throne on the auction site and a petal patch won the auction, he's not exactly going to trade his throne for a petal patch.

It'll take days for auctions to happen and I think 9/10 the deals will fall through.

Also how are you going to determine the winning bidder, it works fine on eBay as it's money, but what if someone bids a red pillow worth 1 HC, and then someone bids a speakers corner worth 1 HC, whats the winner?

It's far quicker and more reliable to run your own trade shop, go in a trade shop, go shout in trade city or a trade hall about it, or simply post on HabboxForum, that works for most people most the time.

Like they say on Dragon's den 'For those reasons, I'm out'

iTechnical
09-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Hmmm, it would crash and burn after a few days/

laffin
09-11-2007, 11:17 PM
lol I don't think some of you understand him yet.

If I put a HC sofa on the Habbo Auction Site. Someone bids a mocha, then someone bids a red dragon to beat it. The red dragon then wins the auction! They meet on Habbo, and trade the HC for the red dragon.

It wouldn't work, I could quite easily bid 1 throne, in an ideal world it's not a bad idea, but Habbo is for teenagers and children, it wouldn't be used responsibly and people will just bid silly things and never trade.

Also it'd be unfair, if I put a throne on the auction site and a petal patch won the auction, he's not exactly going to trade his throne for a petal patch.

It'll take days for auctions to happen and I think 9/10 the deals will fall through.

Also how are you going to determine the winning bidder, it works fine on eBay as it's money, but what if someone bids a red pillow worth 1 HC, and then someone bids a speakers corner worth 1 HC, whats the winner?

It's far quicker and more reliable to run your own trade shop, go in a trade shop, go shout in trade city or a trade hall about it, or simply post on HabboxForum, that works for most people most the time.

Like they say on Dragon's den 'For those reasons, I'm out'

First I think they probably would think to implace some system where if item is not traded or delivered then they would get banned.

Secondly you would be able to implace a reserve price system so if it doesn't reach a certain point it will not be sold.

Also they will probably have a system where you cannot make a bid that is worth the same amount as the last and possible make the bidding into HC's rather than items.

True, it probably would be quicker going into a trade shop or something but if you think about it Habbox have a similar system on Habbox.com but more like a buy it now. Also it can take a while searching a round for someone to buy or sell items that you want but which the auction site you can just post your item then wait for someone to bid. It's simple and easy and I personally like bidding and selling on ebay so it would be fun to do it with Habbo items as well.

I just had to point this out since I am quite bored at this moment in time.

Signed,
Christian Laffin

jrh2002
09-11-2007, 11:27 PM
First I think they probably would think to implace some system where if item is not traded or delivered then they would get banned.

The only people who can say if the item was traded or not are the 2 people taking part in the trade :o if the site was used how you hope it would be great but i would expect lots of problems with ppl claiming to have been traded or not traded just to cause feedback probs and you have no proof that it has been traded :o unless your the middle man and take the furni off both parties and give the appropriate item to whoever :o
great idea but will struggle to take off.

Kardan
09-11-2007, 11:40 PM
The only flaw in the plan I can see is that people will trade things they haven't got. So just betting 89 Thrones for everything so stopping other bids.

Reserves and minimal bids can be put on items, but then there's not a barrier for too expensive bids? If you could find someway to get around that, then maybe it could work?

efq
10-11-2007, 09:46 AM
There will be a limit of bidding 15 quantities in 1 auction.
So only can be 15 thrones on a item if you do.
Like supers will have a 10 limit and normals will have a 30

And 6 Auctions running at a time.

It's also a way to make profits. Sometimes you can't find the item you want you search it on the auction site and bid.

I don't see how you get scammed. I would be aiming to get staff to check all PM's sent.
Any sign of possible scamming will be a ban. Anything other than Habbo Furniture being sold will also be a ban.
There is no description of the item your selling.
If you pick a rubber duck the name will be Rubber Duck.

Its just you bid. If you want it desperately you would bid a profit, if someone bids higher and doesn't want or doesn't respond the bidder can delete the recent bids so the Feedback can be added and trade succeeded.
If a users bids and doesn't respond withing 3 days the user can report them. This gives them a 3 day ban.
If it happens 3 times it is a Perm Ban.

Oni
10-11-2007, 10:11 AM
What would make more sense is you put an item up for trade then say 3 people offer items then the person can decide which item he wants to trade it for out of the 3.

iTechnical
10-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Also, you should put RV on the site.

Kardan
10-11-2007, 10:31 AM
There will be a limit of bidding 15 quantities in 1 auction.
So only can be 15 thrones on a item if you do.
Like supers will have a 10 limit and normals will have a 30

And 6 Auctions running at a time.

It's also a way to make profits. Sometimes you can't find the item you want you search it on the auction site and bid.

I don't see how you get scammed. I would be aiming to get staff to check all PM's sent.
Any sign of possible scamming will be a ban. Anything other than Habbo Furniture being sold will also be a ban.
There is no description of the item your selling.
If you pick a rubber duck the name will be Rubber Duck.

Its just you bid. If you want it desperately you would bid a profit, if someone bids higher and doesn't want or doesn't respond the bidder can delete the recent bids so the Feedback can be added and trade succeeded.
If a users bids and doesn't respond withing 3 days the user can report them. This gives them a 3 day ban.
If it happens 3 times it is a Perm Ban.

What if the person lost internet connection or went on holiday, then they'd get a ban for no reason...?

I don't think it will work still because of people offering what they don't have.

efq
10-11-2007, 10:31 AM
What would make more sense is you put an item up for trade then say 3 people offer items then the person can decide which item he wants to trade it for out of the 3.

Also, you should put RV on the site.
I'm for both of those ideas. :) rep+

If they went on holiday they should PM the user telling them that. But the user shouldn't bid if he will be inactive for the next few days.

If people are offering what the havern't got. The user can choose another bidder to pick from. Assuming the bidder below the top bid.
If the person tends not to have what the bid they will be warned.

iTechnical
10-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm for both of those ideas. :) rep+

If they went on holiday they should PM the user telling them that. But the user shouldn't bid if he will be inactive for the next few days.

If people are offering what the havern't got. The user can choose another bidder to pick from. Assuming the bidder below the top bid.
If the person tends not to have what the bid they will be warned.

Make a user system, so they have to regi to auction

efq
10-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Make a user system, so they have to regi to auction
Yeh.

Also the feedback system is like eBay's.

Feedback + or - with comment.

Blob
10-11-2007, 11:04 AM
How to get scammed:

Lets say, someone has a HC. Someone bets 15 norms worth 2 HC for the HC. The user accepts. The person goes to trade for the HC. The HC is put in the box, and 6 items with the lowest value are put in the other. They accept. The person who owes the person 9 more norms vanishes. Scammed.

d17c
10-11-2007, 12:04 PM
How to get scammed:

Lets say, someone has a HC. Someone bets 15 norms worth 2 HC for the HC. The user accepts. The person goes to trade for the HC. The HC is put in the box, and 6 items with the lowest value are put in the other. They accept. The person who owes the person 9 more norms vanishes. Scammed.

But why would the person selling the HC accept the trade with 6 items in, when the bidder said 15?

iTechnical
10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
But why would the person selling the HC accept the trade with 6 items in, when the bidder said 15?

Habbo trade box onyl has 6 squares for 6 diff. items.

@xP
10-11-2007, 12:20 PM
I put yes.

But only allow 1 user pper IP and allow people to leave feedback on peoples accounts like ebay to see if they are safe or not.

i'd say yes.

d17c
10-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Habbo trade box onyl has 6 squares for 6 diff. items.

Oh yeah, sorry :(

efq
10-11-2007, 12:59 PM
I put yes.

But only allow 1 user pper IP and allow people to leave feedback on peoples accounts like ebay to see if they are safe or not.

i'd say yes.
Yeh good point.

Also that thing put 6 items in for hc. then you could get scammed.

Well its the same without the auction you'd still have to do 2 trades or more.

Oni
10-11-2007, 01:00 PM
How to get scammed:

Dont be silly ryan, that can happen anyway with normal trades. If anyones that stupid they deserve it to be honest.

efq
10-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Dont be silly ryan, that can happen anyway with normal trades. If anyones that stupid they deserve it to be honest.
Lol defo.

RedCrisps
10-11-2007, 05:59 PM
****, THEN YOU COULD SELL IT FOR £150!

LegendOfNoob
10-11-2007, 07:04 PM
good idea its been done thou :)
unless u want to like release a script :)
i searched google when i thought of this few months ago
i even made my own but i got tried of people stealing the layout i used
Everyauction with edited cash values is the easier way to go

iTechnical
10-11-2007, 07:23 PM
good idea its been done thou :)
unless u want to like release a script :)
i searched google when i thought of this few months ago
i even made my own but i got tried of people stealing the layout i used
Everyauction with edited cash values is the easier way to go

No, you "attempted" to, but quit after 2 days as no-one cared.

LegendOfNoob
10-11-2007, 08:56 PM
make a maxium of 6 different items have the input boxes
Offer Item
Furniture Item Offer |Quanity
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

EDIT: atempted i finished it
i can unlock it this momment i never released it on here
because i got bored of habboxforum unlike lots of people
i dont visit every single day of my life

EDIT 2:
ill admit im not the only one
i saw another site do it before i atempted not a fansite
just a plain auction site though it never succeded
it was made in 06 and had 0 bids

iTechnical
10-11-2007, 09:07 PM
EDIT: atempted i finished it
i can unlock it this momment i never released it on here
because i got bored of habboxforum unlike lots of people
i dont visit every single day of my life

Are you implying something?
Or just being silly again.
I can never tell with your lack of good literature and grammar.

efq
11-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Are you implying something?
Or just being silly again.
I can never tell with your lack of good literature and grammar.
I agree. People on this forum who act stupid all the time you never know if there positive -.-

iTechnical
11-11-2007, 10:09 AM
You jsut displayed that. LOL.

Anyway, you should start working on it now
if you're going to do it.

Rockstar
11-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I dont think their is any point of thise TBH!
Because most people just use the trade forums or go to Trade rooms and Advertise.
But thats only my opinion.

iTechnical
11-11-2007, 10:34 AM
I dont think their is any point of thise TBH!
Because most people just use the trade forums or go to Trade rooms and Advertise.
But thats only my opinion.

True, if he did make it, trade room peope, would be throwing fits over it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!