PDA

View Full Version : Download Movies for iTouch. +Rep

Loqo
09-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Am getting a iPod iTouch for christmas and want to know how to get movies on it? I dont have a clue how to/where to get the movies, someone in school said you get them through downloading Utorrent or something then go on another site called Pirate Bay and download a movie. I dont understand how you need this utorrent if you just download the songs of the piratebay site. Anyone have any idea where to download movies from for free and from a site which is safe. +REP only for HELPFUL comments. Thanks,

- Loqo

GommeInc
09-11-2007, 04:15 PM
It'll be just like any iPod I imagine. Open iTunes, connect the Touch and upload the videos. The only way I get videos on my Zen is by downloading a YouTube video and then converting it for use on my Zen, but apparently it can be trickier on an iPod. Not sure if that is true though.

Using SUPER (search google) you can convert most videos files like .swf. To download the videos, however, you'll need to search on Google for a site which you input the Youtube link, which then convers it into a .flv (or something like that) which then you put into SUPER to convert into .mov, .wmv etc.

Loqo
09-11-2007, 04:20 PM
It'll be just like any iPod I imagine. Open iTunes, connect the Touch and upload the videos. The only way I get videos on my Zen is by downloading a YouTube video and then converting it for use on my Zen, but apparently it can be trickier on an iPod. Not sure if that is true though.

Using SUPER (search google) you can convert most videos files like .swf. To download the videos, however, you'll need to search on Google for a site which you input the Youtube link, which then convers it into a .flv (or something like that) which then you put into SUPER to convert into .mov, .wmv etc.

Thats were i get lost with all the .wmv, .mov and .flv. I dont really understand it. Anyone know what this uTorrent or BitTorrent is?

dannyisnotamazing
09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Thats were i get lost with all the .wmv, .mov and .flv. I dont really understand it. Anyone know what this uTorrent or BitTorrent is?
uTorrent / Bittorrent is nothing to do with iPod etc it's a client for downloading torrents..

Loqo
09-11-2007, 04:26 PM
uTorrent / Bittorrent is nothing to do with iPod etc it's a client for downloading torrents..
Could you explain what a acutal Torrent is? +Rep for Gomme btw.

dannyisnotamazing
09-11-2007, 04:29 PM
A torrent is a file what has stuff inside it, you download it as a .torrent file > open it in Utorrent / Bittorrent it then downloads. Then it opens up in a "Downloads" folder and your files are there etc.

GommeInc
09-11-2007, 04:36 PM
That's one option, but it's not always a safe option and the ,mov are just file types which you can save to, although iPods only like a few, so .mov maybe the only option.

Hmmm, you know sending files on MSN? It's sort of like that, but a few differences. You download a file which takes only a few seconds, then you open it in a torrent program eg. Azereus and open the file you downloaded. I'll find a Wiki page as my mind has gotten confused :P

Right, from where I was. You open the file you downloaded into a torrent program like Azereus. This will download the movie for example. This ranges in time but can be very slow. The speed a torrent download is varies by how many seeds there are, which are other PCs with the torrent on. The more seeds, the faster a download is, in theory.

In short, it means you don't have to convert file types but you do have to download a file which then downloads the movie which will most likely be longer than the converting option if your computer is fast enough.

PaulMacC
09-11-2007, 05:11 PM
I'd also like to know aswell, Im getting a 160Gig Classic.

WarezKid
09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Okay

I talk about torrents then

Torrents are files, well folders,

Movies and softwere can be downloaded by torrents, There are also things called Clients,

These control what files you want downloaded ect.

I would suggest PirateBay.org and search movies by Axxo

Always download from Axxo, He movies are the best, trust me mate, Millions go by him :)

I suggest you search utorrent and download it.

And then go on the site and search a movie you like

Also, you need to know about seeders, Well the more seeders you have, the faster the download

I couild say more but i cba

PM me if you need more anwers

PaulMacC
09-11-2007, 05:19 PM
I know about torrents, just need to know how to get videos on my iPod

WarezKid
09-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Get a coverter :) (Sp?)

cocaine
09-11-2007, 05:29 PM
www.zamzar.com/url

paste youtube URL

select "ipod" in step 2 drop down list

voila.

Loqo
09-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I'll make sure their Axxo then. I sorta got this together to get movies. Thanks

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!