PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Fish Tank Care and more...

minidommy
10-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey,
Well I have a tropical fish tank and I need some help on the following:

How to know if a fish is pregnant?
How many Male:Female fish are needed for certain fish(for pregnancy and just a healthy fish envrioment)
When the fish is pregnant when do you put it in that pregnant cage
What are the best fish for breeding
How reguarly do you clean your tank ( I do once ever 2 weeks.. is that good?
How to stop algae problems
How to keep plant in the tank healthy
Do the fish need loads of rocks to hide in for a comfortable enviroment for themThat 's it! So please if you can help please post :D

Middlesbrough
24-11-2007, 01:48 PM
How to know if a fish is pregnant? - fish lay eggs and a male fertalises, females arent technically pregnant
How many Male:Female fish are needed for certain fish(for pregnancy and just a healthy fish envrioment)?1 male and 3 females are normally most comftorble but sometimes females may get terrotorial
When the fish is pregnant when do you put it in that pregnant cage? You put the eggs in a new small tank as soon as you can see they have been fertlised
What are the best fish for breeding? Swordtails and guppies are very fast for breeding.
How reguarly do you clean your tank ( I do once ever 2 weeks.. is that good? Yes once every 2 weeks is fine, i do mine once every week but thats with a siamese fighting fish community
How to stop algae problems? its impossible to stop algae. all it means is your tank is clean
How to keep plant in the tank healthy? Your best of getting fake plants as the fish dont need plants
Do the fish need loads of rocks to hide in for a comfortable enviroment for them? Depends what type of fish but, yes you should put some rocks etc.

Rs Rob
24-11-2007, 01:50 PM
How to know if a fish is pregnant? - fish lay eggs and a male fertalises, females arent technically pregnant
How many Male:Female fish are needed for certain fish(for pregnancy and just a healthy fish envrioment)?1 male and 3 females are normally most comftorble but sometimes females may get terrotorial
When the fish is pregnant when do you put it in that pregnant cage? You put the eggs in a new small tank as soon as you can see they have been fertlised
What are the best fish for breeding? Swordtails and guppies are very fast for breeding.
How reguarly do you clean your tank ( I do once ever 2 weeks.. is that good? Yes once every 2 weeks is fine, i do mine once every week but thats with a siamese fighting fish community
How to stop algae problems? its impossible to stop algae. all it means is your tank is clean
How to keep plant in the tank healthy? Your best of getting fake plants as the fish dont need plants
Do the fish need loads of rocks to hide in for a comfortable enviroment for them? Depends what type of fish but, yes you should put some rocks etc.

Well Said, Helped me a little :)

lAscend
24-11-2007, 02:58 PM

some fish give birth to fry as well as eggs and to stop algae problems the best bet is to get a plecko fish (the clearners) and sometimes they will sort that out for you but not always or just keep cleaning your tank everyweek

Adam$
25-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Also, if you see any fry in the tank put it in isolation until it grows.

Abzii
05-12-2007, 03:36 PM
I can answer a couple of those :) Although I don't have tropical fish, I have marine.

We clean our tank once a week
Stop alge problems by checking pH levels and get some cleaner fish, I don't know which ones there are for tropical fish.. But for our tank, we have boxing shrimp, starfish, snails and stuff..
Yes, the fish do need lots of rock to hide in :)

Mitch4?
24-12-2007, 09:23 PM
For tropical fish tank, i recommend getting a plectosomus of some sort. Sucking loaches are okay, but aren't as nice.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!