PDA

View Full Version : Small PSP hack

aarun
10-11-2007, 07:53 PM
if you do want to hack your PSP which I have done lmao, try downgrading your PSP to v1.5. Great firmware - Kind of rare, then download Devicehook which allows you to move/change firmwares e.g My firmware is currently v.15 but I have Devhook which allows me to upgrade to anything higher than 1.5 including 3.40 OE and you can play Sega, Snes e.t.c. But if you put a game in and it does not work, that is when you upgrade by pressing devhook, then if you want to go back to 1.5 just turn your PSP off then on again. Devhook is a great programme, just google it and follow the instructions and you can play all of the old school games and play any other game too without uprading/downgrading. Just using Devhook/Devicehook.

It's very handy having your PSP on v1.5 firmware because so many hacks have been found, so Sony keep bringing new versions/firmwares for people to upgrade so you don't have it on a version like 1.5. This is because games can be downloaded, which I won't go into! ISO games can be bought for cheap with games on CD's, so all you have to do is simple make your folder, then drag and drop! But it's very useful and you save alot of money in the longrun.

if you are going to do any of this, be patient and follow all intructions and carry them out correctly. You do not have to do this if you prefer to be normal and keep your PSP normal.

Elliott$
10-11-2007, 07:53 PM
What do I gain from this?

Neil
10-11-2007, 08:38 PM
You really need to mention that downgrading your PSP has a small chance of bricking it, which you need to use pandoras battery to unbrick it, which would be alot of wasted time, if you're gonna downgrade get an original GTA:LCS copy (like one of the first released) or a copy on lumines, using these are the safest ways to downgrade your PSP

KrimeScene
10-11-2007, 08:40 PM
sounds dodgy!

aarun
10-11-2007, 08:43 PM
What do I gain from this?

Well, you get to play all Sega/Snes and nintendo games, which can only be played on v1.5. Then you can upgrade using Devhook then play your usual games, so you get to play all games!

You really need to mention that downgrading your PSP has a small chance of bricking it, which you need to use pandoras battery to unbrick it, which would be alot of wasted time, if you're gonna downgrade get an original GTA:LCS copy (like one of the first released) or a copy on lumines, using these are the safest ways to downgrade your PSP

I mentioned you need to follow instructions carefully, if you do there is a low chance of bricking it, if you dont read, there is a high chance you will.

You could also put in Untold Legends/Everyones Golf UMD's like I did.

sounds dodgy!

:) That's right it is, it's a hack, you don't have to do it but it's a bonus for you if you do.

But if you are new to PSP e.t.c I'd advise you not to.

Edited by Neil (Forum Moderator): Please do not double post within the 15 minute edit limit (Posts Merged)

KrimeScene
10-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Ive had mine about a year now.
What are the advantages of this?

aarun
10-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Ive had mine about a year now.
What are the advantages of this?

Scroll up read my other reply, I put it there.

KrimeScene
10-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Sounds confusing, Nice to share it Though!

aarun
10-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Sounds confusing, Nice to share it Though!

I know it is confusing and takes time to do this but it's worth it in the end.

Neil
10-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, you get to play all Sega/Snes and nintendo games, which can only be played on v1.5. Then you can upgrade using Devhook then play your usual games, so you get to play all games!

You know you don't need that devhook thing, install custom firmware and it lets you do all the 1.5 features aswell as play the latest games, I have custom firmware and can play PSX games, N64 games and the most recent game I've got for it is Manhunt 2 which would probably need a very recent patch

aarun
10-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah but this is the people with v1.5

Is yours 3.40 OE?

Neil
10-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah but this is the people with v1.5

Is yours 3.40 OE?

Yea, I doubt you'll find a whole lot of people with a PSP still at 1.5 here, and if you have more recent PSPs and downgrade past a certain patch it bricks it lol

KrimeScene
10-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Most Upgrades are almost automatic assuming to if you want to play a game.
You have to upgrade,

aarun
10-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Yea, I doubt you'll find a whole lot of people with a PSP still at 1.5 here, and if you have more recent PSPs and downgrade past a certain patch it bricks it lol

It doesn't brick it all of the time, I've had PSP's, upgraded & downgraded them, never bricked them once. If you know what you're doing, it's okay.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!