PDA

View Full Version : Social Networking names

Justify
11-11-2007, 07:57 PM
What names can i have for a social networking site?

iTechnical
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
MySiteWillFail.com

mousey
11-11-2007, 09:29 PM
^ lol

Peopleunlimited

Joe!
11-11-2007, 09:33 PM
lol wanting to win a psp?
for people who dont know..
www.kurbed.com
think of a new name for the "social networking site" and you win a psp.

iHubz
11-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I own the domain ihubz.com

I was going to make it into a SNS however lack of coder means its a no no. iHubz is nice and sort and easy to remember and the name grows on ya.

Awfy
11-11-2007, 10:39 PM
lol wanting to win a psp?
for people who dont know..
www.kurbed.com
think of a new name for the "social networking site" and you win a psp.
Thanks for the little ad there :P

Moh
12-11-2007, 01:40 AM
www.yetanothersocialnetworkingsite.com

DeejayMachoo$
12-11-2007, 07:28 AM
www.mostsocialnetworkingsitesfail.org (http://www.allsocialnetworkingsitesfail.org)

iTechnical
12-11-2007, 08:50 AM
COPICATZZZ

Flisker
12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
stopwiththespamandthinkaboutdomainnames.com

hmm.....

chattr
*something*centre

iTechnical
12-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Dude, social network sites will fail.
painfully.

ThisSiteWilldiecenter.com

Justify
12-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Dude, social network sites will fail.
painfully.

ThisSiteWilldiecenter.com

This social networking may fail, then again it might now.

It's going to be alot different than most social websites like myspace and bebo, i have alot of unique plans in place:_

iTechnical
12-11-2007, 03:12 PM
share them with us.

Joe!
12-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the little ad there :P
No problem greg :p although it wasnt intended as an ad ;o

Awfy
12-11-2007, 05:57 PM
This social networking may fail, then again it might now.

It's going to be alot different than most social websites like myspace and bebo, i have alot of unique plans in place:_
Here's the thing though, you're obviously using something like Dolphin for your system which millions of other sites use. As I know for a fact you aren't as coder as you asked for a vBulletin system, which now leads me to believe you're using vBulletin for your social network. This now brings me to believe you will be using the Vision Scripts mod for a social network. Now, this script is very good however I am pretty sure you won't have a clue how to edit it so that people actually find it attractive. This is what I done with that script and this is a designed skin especially for my own profile using 4 images and some CSS. This process took quite a while and a lot of hard coding to get it how I wanted it. Unless you know a LOT about vBulletin and how it works using vbphrases then you won't stand a chance.

Screenshot: http://images.kurbed.com/kurbed_greg.png

We abandoned that idea though, not because we wouldn't be successful or we didn't have the skill. Just we came up with an entirely different site idea from anything we had seen. Plus the fact I got some very good investors to help me develop. As previously we had no finacial backing.

Justify
12-11-2007, 06:12 PM
What ever Dolphin and Vision Scripts is, who knows comes up different when u search them in google, and no i'm not that expierenced in coding to put it at rest but i do have expierence.

Here's the thing though, you're obviously using something like Dolphin for your system which millions of other sites use. As I know for a fact you aren't as coder as you asked for a vBulletin system, which now leads me to believe you're using vBulletin for your social network. This now brings me to believe you will be using the Vision Scripts mod for a social network. Now, this script is very good however I am pretty sure you won't have a clue how to edit it so that people actually find it attractive. This is what I done with that script and this is a designed skin especially for my own profile using 4 images and some CSS. This process took quite a while and a lot of hard coding to get it how I wanted it. Unless you know a LOT about vBulletin and how it works using vbphrases then you won't stand a chance.

Screenshot: http://images.kurbed.com/kurbed_greg.png

We abandoned that idea though, not because we wouldn't be successful or we didn't have the skill. Just we came up with an entirely different site idea from anything we had seen. Plus the fact I got some very good investors to help me develop. As previously we had no finacial backing.

Awfy
12-11-2007, 06:13 PM
You've obviously use Vision Script from vBulletin.org. As they made the Social Network add-on. Called Interactive Profiles or something.

dannyisnotamazing
12-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I don't even think hes making one, just wants some for Kurbed.com

Awfy
12-11-2007, 06:15 PM
So you recon he's needing them to suggest, so he can win the PSP with it? Lol. :P

Assassinator
12-11-2007, 06:25 PM
iMe.Com
iFriend.com
myfriend.com
myroom.com:rolleyes:
myblog.com
LiveBlog.com
iSpace.com

Justify
12-11-2007, 06:29 PM
iMe.Com
iFriend.com
myfriend.com
myroom.com:rolleyes:
myblog.com
LiveBlog.com
iSpace.com

I already have a psp, and i'm serious thanks, and Awfy that system i wanted from u was for the forum i own called JE.

this is for a different project, and i already have the software i just need the name and install the stuff etc.

Thanks Carbon, *checks if free*

when did namecheap higher there prices:(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!