PDA

View Full Version : I think a new way for moderators..

RockNRoll
12-11-2007, 02:47 PM
I think a new way for moderators to set out their edits would not just to write in ''Don't do this etc'' I think it should be set out as..

*Removed*

A14. Do not post private messages, staff threads/posts or quote private conversations or comments made with the User Reputation system - It is not allowed to show Private Messages without the senders permission either in a Post or in another Private Message. Also it is not allowed to quote anybody from a private conversation or a thread/post not viewable by the public, for example in a Private Message or in a private forum, without the author's permission. This means it is also not allowed to show comments made by others using the User Reputation system, for example in your signature.

Edited by: Nick- [Forum Administrator]

L!nK.
12-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi earthquake

It doesn't matter how its stands out, its not important.

RockNRoll
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi earthquake

It doesn't matter how its stands out, its not important.
Refer to me as Damien as rocknroll is my new name.

BlueTango
12-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Thats a very long message there.... Its a nice idea but moderators really do not have time to write an essay about why something has been removed.

I'm sure if the moderator feels that the person whos context has been removed needs an explanation, they will simply pm them.

RockNRoll
12-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Thats a very long message there.... Its a nice idea but moderators really do not have time to write an essay about why something has been removed.

I'm sure if the moderator feels that the person whos context has been removed needs an explanation, they will simply pm them.
http://habboxforum.com/faq.php?faq=rules_main

They just copy and paste from their, as their moderators they should be able to edit quite easy.

BlueTango
12-11-2007, 03:34 PM
oh ok. Well, all members are instructed to read the rules before joining the forum.

So members should be well aware of these already.... So I still think its a bit too time-consuming.

RockNRoll
12-11-2007, 03:35 PM
You haven't read the rules because you refered to my idea as an essay to write up, it reminds people of the rules :rolleyes:

Elkaa
12-11-2007, 03:37 PM
It's not needed. If any edits, infractions or warnings need to be questioned, they can PM the Moderator in question, or the online SMod's.

J1MI
12-11-2007, 03:43 PM
oh ok. Well, all members are instructed to read the rules before joining the forum.

So members should be well aware of these already.... So I still think its a bit too time-consuming.

This is correct, we expect all members to have read the rules and abide by them, our edits are short and to the point, I see no need in writing out the whole forum rule they broke as they should already know.

RockNRoll
12-11-2007, 03:44 PM
This is correct, we expect all members to have read the rules and abide by them, our edits are short and to the point, I see no need in writing out the whole forum rule they broke as they should already know.
You copy and paste from the rules forum, Very profeshional.

Favourtism
12-11-2007, 03:48 PM
If he wasn't proffessional and good would he make it to Forum Manager?

I think this thread is slightly pointless. So what if occasionally a moderator copies out the full rule. If you knwo the rule you shouldn't break it hence why he may have copied it. I don't see why you made this thread.

L!nK.
12-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah I agree with hxf staff, mights as well lock this thread

Its funny how you criticize people for not spelling correctly, but yet you can't do it yourself.

RockNRoll
12-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Sorry for not being the boff job who spells everything fantastically.

L!nK.
12-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Sorry for not being the boff job who spells everything fantastically.

No one does, but try and not criticize others doing it.

nvrspk4
13-11-2007, 06:37 AM
Some fit under multiple rules, in most cases nobody would read it anyway.

Also, the rule broken is listed in the infraction usually or in the edit. I don't really see the need to put the rule right there.

GommeInc
13-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Surely it would be obvious what rule you broke? If you get a red edit message in your post, then all you need to do is look-up what rule you broke rather than let a Moderator waste their time "/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!