PDA

View Full Version : Premiership - which teams are overachieving this season?

NMULLEN
12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Which teams do you think are overachieving this season? I personally think that Manchester City and Eveter are overachieving, soon i can see them dropping down the table to around mid table. Everton are lucky to be where they are at the minute thanks too Tim Howard. Man City are also lucky to be 4th because of one player Elano, but his last 2 games have been poor and i hope City drop rapidly down the table. :eusa_danc
Who do you think is overachieving?

Brody
12-11-2007, 07:21 PM
man city sunderland

Browney
12-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Sunderland cannot be overacheiving. They are awesome. :P

I agree with Sunderland and Manchester City.

NMULLEN
12-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Aston Villa aswell.

Smiddy
12-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Sunderland are overachieving? They've only got 10 points :S

Portsmouth and Man City are big shockers this season. Bolton and Tottenham being the worst out of "settled" teams.

Brody
12-11-2007, 07:27 PM

Portsmouth and Man City are big shockers this season. Bolton and Tottenham being the worst out of "settled" teams.

last time they was in the prem they only got 19 for the whole season and them not being the relegation zone atm imo is overchieving for them

Browney
12-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Well to say they've only just been promoted it's pretty good to be ahead of Middlesbrough and Bolton.

Smiddy
12-11-2007, 07:31 PM
last time they was in the prem they only got 19 for the whole season and them not being the relegation zone atm imo is overchieving for them
Completely different set-up since the last time they were up though, isn't it?

I have them down for getting about 13th place this season, anything under that is underachieving in my books.

NMULLEN
12-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I also think Sunderland are underachieving have you seen how much they have spent? They have spent over £40 million. Also they have Roy Keane who will become one of the best managers if he gets at a bigger club in his future.

edible
12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I dont think Everton are overachieving :S
I personally think we're doing well, because we've got players coming back and bought some good little players in the summer!
And in future, spell our clubs name right please!
Also, it's not just cos of Howard, thanks.

NMULLEN
12-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I dont think Everton are overachieving :S
I personally think we're doing well, because we've got players coming back and bought some good little players in the summer!
And in future, spell our clubs name right please!
Reason behind your recent good form is Tim Howard. I just looked at premiership table and your 9th, i changed my mind and i was wrong. I do think you will finish around 8th or 9th though.

Soka
12-11-2007, 07:44 PM
'everter' are always up there, so not over achieving, although i'll think theyll be 5th/6th by end.

i think SPURS are UNDERACHIEVING.

erm atm, man city are over achieving but surely you can never over achieve in things?

sock
12-11-2007, 07:46 PM
anyone forgot blackburn?

NMULLEN
12-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Blackburn are where i predicted. Roque Santa Cruz was a brilliant buy and that Samba looks pretty good aswell. I hope they finish around 6th :D

Andeeh
12-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Man City by far and also (although i hate to say it) Everton our playing well'ish

Hoodstar
12-11-2007, 09:36 PM
How are Man City overachieving after all the money they spent in the summer?

Blackburn, Portsmouth are overachieving. I would say Everton but they're always hovering around the top 6.

edible
12-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Reason behind your recent good form is Tim Howard. I just looked at premiership table and your 9th, i changed my mind and i was wrong. I do think you will finish around 8th or 9th though.
I have to disagree on the reason behind our recent form being Tim Howard. Although I agree on some bits, I think it's also to do with Tim Cahill coming back, he's linking up well with the midfield, and does well with Yakubu/Vaughan/Victor up-front.

Man City are definetely over-achieving, Spurs & Bolton are underachieving.
&Boeng, Blackburn arent doing either imo, They're fine just as they are.
Takes guts Andeeh!:eusa_clap

Brody
12-11-2007, 11:14 PM
cahill and arteta are 2 of the reasons everton are doing so well plus anichebe imo

actually thinking of it

arsenal are overachieveing since at the start of the sseason every1 was like arsenal are gunna have problems this year

proved them rong:)

Muniflex
12-11-2007, 11:31 PM

Portsmouth, yes well..
They have had good starts in premiership before. They usually do. Anyone remember i think it was 2 seasons ago?
Pompy were top for a short while before dropping to mid-table.

edible
12-11-2007, 11:44 PM
cahill and arteta are 2 of the reasons everton are doing so well plus anichebe imo

actually thinking of it

arsenal are overachieveing since at the start of the sseason every1 was like arsenal are gunna have problems this year

proved them rong:)
Exactly on the Everton part.
Also, everyone said that Arsenal were nothing without Henry and that they'd be crap, but look at them now yeah?!

Muniflex
12-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Exactly on the Everton part.
Also, everyone said that Arsenal were nothing without Henry and that they'd be crap, but look at them now yeah?!
Also, they have a young team so it looks good for future. But it is likewise with Man.U, they have a strong young team. Alex Ferguson was saying today he thinks this is his best squad he has ever had...:eusa_clap

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!