PDA

View Full Version : I Got Super Mario Galaxy

Homesrfan
14-11-2007, 01:42 AM
HOLY CRAP
This game is amazing.... it's just unbelievable. I really cannot stop playing. I've been playing it for about two hours and I have 11 (or 12.. can't remember) stars.

The music is fantastic. Better than I ever thought it would be. I heard the orchestrated song and loved it, but there are others songs that are just as good, for example. the hub world has fantastic music.

The difficulty is just right. It's definitely a challenge, but usually not frustratingly difficult (it may take you a while to get used to the camera changing). There are so many new play mechanics avaliable, that it will blow your mind that they only use it for about one or two levels. Everything feels so right... the controls are so tight.

The graphics - you know how fantastic they are. Great explosion effects, also. The levels are so diverse and colorful.

THIS IS GAME OF THE YEAR PEOPLE!
I don't care if you don't like Mario games - everyone will love this game.

Oni
14-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Awesome, cant wait :D

Nemo
14-11-2007, 04:40 PM
coooool, how does it use the wii functions like movement sensors and stuff, wots the controls? post nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

minidommy
14-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm getting mine tomorrow!!!!!

Homesrfan
15-11-2007, 01:11 AM
coooool, how does it use the wii functions like movement sensors and stuff, wots the controls? post nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
The controls are so spot on.. on everything.
There are so many times where the controls change, so much to do! It's so amazing. Classic Mario 3D controls, for the most part. With the exception of shaking the wiimote to do a spin attack. You collect star bits by pointing the wiimote at them and you should them with the b trigger.

Then, there is a part where you are on a ball, kind of like Super Monkey Ball, except that you move the ball and not the stage. You hold the controller like a joystick - wiimote pointed to the ceiling and tilt it to move. The musicgoes faster and slower depending on the speed of the ball.

Then, there is a part where you are in a bubble. To control the bubble, you must point your wiimote at the screen so that a pointer shows up and you press A to blow the bubble depending on where the pointer is.

Another part of the game involves you landing on sticky things that look like trees and then slinging from one to the other. It's quite fun, but very hard.

Then, you can ride a mantaray. You steer this by pointing the wiimote at the screen and then tilting left and right.

You can also point at these blue balls and get sucked into them going to the next. It's very fun.

The gravity system blows my mind. Sometimes you won't be sure if you try to round the planet if you are going to get sucked into a black hole.

I'm only 26 stars in and this game has blown my mind time and time again. I'm currently at the beach levels with the penguins. :)

PaulMacC
15-11-2007, 01:19 AM
If it's so good why did you take this time to post this!?

Homesrfan
15-11-2007, 02:28 AM
If it's so good why did you take this time to post this!?
The first day I got it, I played it from 5PM - 9PM.
The second day (today) I've played it from 5PM-7:30PM and I just played for about 30 more minutes.
I don't ONLY play games, I have time to write stuff like this.

SPOILER
[spoiler]
Just played the Haunted Mansion Luigi galaxy. Amazing. It's so awesome when you get a star from Luigi for saving him, he comes up behind you and poses with you when it says 'You Got a Star!" He also yes "MAARRRRIOOO" and says "Buddy!" when you come to save him.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!