PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering..

Zak
15-11-2007, 12:41 AM
Is there anyway of getting a free version of counter strike source, there probably isn't as steam is safer than I thought..

All i can think of is buying an actual steam account..

I want to start playing css, because my friend introduced me to it, looks really good. Nice graphics too.

+Rep for good help, I guess

Infrontation
15-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Buy it from a shop; Buy it from steampowered.com; Buy an account off someone (illegal); Download it via a torrent(Illegal, takes ages and you cant play online with anyone).

Zak
16-11-2007, 10:40 PM
cheers, in the end I brought off steam. Its taking ages to download counter strike though, also as it keeps d/c me I have to watch it download. Its been on about 8 hours, Only just over half way :(

Darter
16-11-2007, 10:49 PM
cheers, in the end I brought off steam. Its taking ages to download counter strike though, also as it keeps d/c me I have to watch it download. Its been on about 8 hours, Only just over half way :(

Internet speed is horrible in the UK. It depends on where you live. They all say "upto 8mb" for example and most of the time you never reach the threshold they claim that is possible. You were better off buying it online for delivery via somewhere like amazon or play. I bought counter-strike 1.6 from game as i think the game is a lot better gameplay wise compared to counter-strike source. But that's a different story altogether :rolleyes:

Zak
20-11-2007, 01:01 AM
I downloaded it to my laptop, with no graphics card. (What an idiot I was), The details are set to the lowest and it lags like mad, still can have some good fun on it though. Just not for long.

Plus internet speeds in the UK are terrible, even worse if you have wireless internet and live in a village LOL.

:)

Stephen
20-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah I get that with my integrated.. Alright on maps like aim_ak-colt etc but lags like hell on de_dust2, cs_assault, cs_office and all glass maps :P

Zak
20-11-2007, 10:35 PM
de_dust2 lags the worst for me :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!