PDA

View Full Version : Professions for my Druid?

-Ash,
16-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Ok.. I've just rolled a Druid on a PvP server and I was thinking of Herbalism + Alchemy or Skinning + Leatherworking. My hunter is Skinning + Leatherworking, but I never really used the armor (only small things like armor kits). I'm new to the Druid class,so what do you think would be best ? :s

-Obscenity
16-11-2007, 04:01 PM
It depends really, If you hate farming for gold and don't have time time you should probably go with more gathering professions. If you enjoy crafting then you should go with crafting ones, which would mean you would have to farm allot of gold for materials witch could be a hassle. Personally, I like going with mining/skinning or mining/herbalism. You could make some serious cash just from selling bulk materials. And instead of farming mobs you just run around gathering, which is good if your planning on healing and can't fight efficiently. You follow?

-Ash,
16-11-2007, 04:37 PM
It depends really, If you hate farming for gold and don't have time time you should probably go with more gathering professions. If you enjoy crafting then you should go with crafting ones, which would mean you would have to farm allot of gold for materials witch could be a hassle. Personally, I like going with mining/skinning or mining/herbalism. You could make some serious cash just from selling bulk materials. And instead of farming mobs you just run around gathering, which is good if your planning on healing and can't fight efficiently. You follow?

I'm going to invest most of my points in the Feral tree, so, I don't really plan on healing that much. Mhmm. I might take up 2 gathering professions then, like Mining+Herbalism etc. I suppose I can always drop one later for a crafting profession, when I have a lot more gold? Think I've made my mind up now O.o thx :]

PlKEY-ARMY
16-11-2007, 06:17 PM
enchanting and mining

-Ash,
16-11-2007, 06:28 PM
enchanting and mining

I've just moved to a new server so I have no money, only about 3-5 silver. Enchanting is a money-sink profession and I have to level up before I can make a lot of profits. I like mining though, so I might go with Mining + Herbalism/Skinning. What should it be? Mining + Skinning or Mining + Herbalism? ;D

-Obscenity
16-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Mining + Herbalism....

High level herbs sell for loads since everyone needs them for raids. People of every class purchase various plants to have their potions made, were as with skinning the people who purchase the skins is lowered a bit since mainly leather workers require skins and some stuff for engineering.

PlKEY-ARMY
16-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Who said you had to level up enchanting? just pick it and dis all your old gear and put on AH

:Jamie
16-11-2007, 08:30 PM
enchanting and mining

Lol.

Get herb + alch or something else with the herblore as its so good when farming the trees in skettis at lvl 70

PlKEY-ARMY
16-11-2007, 08:38 PM
why laugh?

anyway cant you read fool? he started his new character doubt he cares about skettis

:Jamie
18-11-2007, 10:32 PM
why laugh?

anyway cant you read fool? he started his new character doubt he cares about skettis

Just giving my input on what I think would be best for him even at level 70 :) So yeh he might not care about it now..but at 70 he may. So read that you fool.

mat64
18-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Just giving my input on what I think would be best for him even at level 70 :) So yeh he might not care about it now..but at 70 he may. So read that you fool.

Hows it goin' Jamie ;).

I've have never had the same professions I started with on either of my main characters. On my druid he now has 2 gathering professions for a nice gold intake (skinning and mining) and my warlock (which isn't on the same realm or even faction for that matter ;)) has 2 crafting professions because I have some tailoring items and the engineering goggles. To be honest you won't really benefit from your professions that much at lower levels, Most of the better items at lower leveling crafting will often take in alot of mats anyways and as I said you don't get much benefit from them until your high up. I powerleveled Tailoring & Engineering and Mining & Skinning so there's no saying you can't do the same thing if you need to change at later levels. My advice to you therefore is just to take the 2 professions which interest you the most, You'll most likely change them somewhere along the road anyways.

TehJoshy
18-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Mining + Herbalism....

High level herbs sell for loads since everyone needs them for raids. People of every class purchase various plants to have their potions made, were as with skinning the people who purchase the skins is lowered a bit since mainly leather workers require skins and some stuff for engineering.

or if your a proper guild use your herb bank ;]

.:TeamAmerica:.
20-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Harb + Alch if you are Tauren.

Go die if your NE

Wig44.
02-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Skinning clefthoofs <3

mining and skinning

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!