PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE BE BANNED FROM FAST FOOD?

Asher
16-11-2007, 04:28 PM
UK is catching up with the weight crisis in the states, we must do something to stop it!!!!!!!!!

OoOoOoOo the controversy :eusa_danc

Thread moved by ---MAD--- (General Manager) from "Discuss anything" forum: Please post in the most appropriate forum :).

Wizzdom
16-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Who ever said that needs some help :)

SUPERhanna.
As if they are going to ban them from fastfood places, that's where msot of there profit comes frm!

jesus
yer wot a stupid idea

GoldenMerc
16-11-2007, 04:33 PM
They can get fat if they want 8-)

jackass
16-11-2007, 04:34 PM
No offense to fat people, and this is in no way directed to people with problems, but I can't stand looking at them. It makes me feel sick, and how they eat so much on purpose, so its not harsh, its their own choice.

&
16-11-2007, 04:34 PM
and whats the max weight "limit" u hav in mind pls.

is thread even for real?

WarezKid
16-11-2007, 04:35 PM
People over 7 stone should be banned rofl..

Asher
16-11-2007, 04:36 PM
They can get fat if they want 8-)

that is horrible!!!!!! you are sentencing them to an early death.

buttons
16-11-2007, 04:37 PM
WHAT THE HELL?
I am 7 stone
and my best friend is 15 and shes 8 stone and shes not fat or nothing :S

GoldenMerc
No offense to fat people, and this is in no way directed to people with problems, but I can't stand looking at them. It makes me feel sick, and how they eat so much on purpose, so its not harsh, its their own choice.
Agreed their !
Ye so what if they die early their children will have big bones though :[

flux
yes lol

edible
16-11-2007, 04:38 PM
it's their body, if they wanna eat away their life thats fine by me.
you might aswell ban everyone from fast food places if people are worried about obesity, before we/skinny people all get obese/fat..:rolleyes:

Slash
16-11-2007, 04:38 PM
7 stone is **** all. :S

Asher
16-11-2007, 04:39 PM

are you anorexic or something? ;s;sS

ANYWAY, grossly overweight people are putting themselves at risk, but also young kids who are following in their foot steps ie) not exercising and eating at fast food places.

cocaine
16-11-2007, 04:46 PM
yup, i agree
but i dont really eat fast food.

GoldenMerc
16-11-2007, 04:49 PM
I weigh 10 stone and im 16 im 100% sure im not fat :s

Technologic
16-11-2007, 04:50 PM
No, they should be cut up and fed to the homeless

GoldenMerc
16-11-2007, 04:52 PM
No, they should be cut up and fed to the homeless
lirl whats the word for killing and eating somebody :s

Asher
16-11-2007, 04:53 PM
it's their body, if they wanna eat away their life thats fine by me.
you might aswell ban everyone from fast food places if people are worried about obesity, before we/skinny people all get obese/fat..:rolleyes:

Eating fast food, say once a month is OK. It is the people who live of fast-food that are causing the overweight epidemic. If skinny people have the slightest sense about them, they'll realise that consistent fast food binging will lead to becoming overweight and joining the crisis.

It is less socially acceptable to be overweight and to be eating at Burger King, nowadays anyway. Hopefully that will deter some people.

buttons
16-11-2007, 04:54 PM
lirl whats the word for killing and eating somebody :s
cannabilism. or w/e.

Herman
16-11-2007, 04:56 PM
i'm not sure how many kilograms 7 stone is, but it shouldn't be calculated that way. people may be 7 stone, but that doesn't neccessarily mean they're overweight. they may have a height that is acceptable for that weight, which is measured by BMI i believe.

anyway, i think it's silly to ban people who are overweight from fast food restaurants. you're not gonna have a policeman guiding every fast food restaurant with a weighing scale with them.

"SOZ M8, U R FAT, U AINT ENTERIN' DIS MCDONALDS KK M8 - HA HA!"

besides, can't the people with normal weight buy the fast food for their friends who aren't? unless you're going to imply a scrict policy of 'no bringing food outside of restaurant'.

Asher
16-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I just think it's setting a bad example, that's all.

It's horrible seeing the number of young children overweight these days.

They need to be educated by their parents, and well, if their parents are
fast food lovers, then a ban or restriction needs enforcing to make sure the
kids know it is wrong to binge on unhealthy food ;SSS

beth
16-11-2007, 05:11 PM
i don't wish to be put off my food by their hideous slurping; yes please.

Falcon
16-11-2007, 05:14 PM
i say fat ******s get free lyposuction.
but yeh..

Firehorse
16-11-2007, 05:17 PM
It's their choice to be fat! so let them.

FlyingJesus
16-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Eating fast food, say once a month is OK. It is the people who live of fast-food that are causing the overweight epidemic. If skinny people have the slightest sense about them, they'll realise that consistent fast food binging will lead to becoming overweight and joining the crisis.

What the hell are you on about? I'm 17 and weigh in at just under 9 stone, and I regularly eat at McDonalds. I am underweight, hardly representational of your little picture you have going on in your mind. As for once a month, I disagree. I eat there generally once a week at least and I'm healthy.

i say fat ******s get free lyposuction.
but yeh..

Nah let's not spend MORE money on fat people.. I'd propose that rather than banning fat people from fast food places (which would lose them custom and damage economy) there should be fat taxes - that way at least there's a use for them.

Falcon
16-11-2007, 05:21 PM
What the hell are you on about? I'm 17 and weigh in at just under 9 stone, and I regularly eat at McDonalds. I am underweight, hardly representational of your little picture you have going on in your mind. As for once a month, I disagree. I eat there generally once a week at least and I'm healthy.

Nah let's not spend MORE money on fat people.. I'd propose that rather than banning fat people from fast food places (which would lose them custom and damage economy) there should be fat taxes - that way at least there's a use for them.

Good point, or increase physical education more at schools....
or make doors smaller at fat food places,

lAdmire
16-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I would say fast food is the cause of obesity, but, there are a lot of people who eat fast food & stay fit. Like on Tyra the other day, they had a weight show & they showed this house with pure fast food in it, etc. Then you had to guess out of three people who's house was it. There was a 200 pound lady, a 180 pound lady & a 122 pound lady. It was the 122 pound lady's home. So, yeah. & she had normal body fat everything.

YoManGo!
16-11-2007, 05:22 PM
nahhh.
mcdonalds is bum
itd be mean to ban anyone from it

Asher
16-11-2007, 05:31 PM

Count yourself lucky that you have a fast metabolism, or unlucky knowing that if you carry on eating McDonalds once a week, you are increasing the risk of diabetes and heart disease.

FlyingJesus
16-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Thing is, I'm not a health freak, and I care not. You know what's a bigger cause of heart disease? Stress. I live knowing that the foods I eat and the activities I undertake are often among those which are meant to be "bad" for you, but if you go by science everything is bad for you, so I choose not to care. I'd prefer to enjoy what I eat rather than worry about every single thing that goes in my mouth (;)) and frankly I'm likely to live longer than most health freaks simply because I'll not suffer the effects of stress to anywhere near the same extent as them.

beth
16-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Count yourself lucky that you have a fast metabolism, or unlucky knowing that if you carry on eating McDonalds once a week, you are increasing the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
uhhh.. i know manyaperson who eat maccie d's once a week and aren't fat or dying. fnx.

Ezzie.
16-11-2007, 05:39 PM
ban all junk food= sorted? :o

Digital
16-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Thing is, I'm not a health freak, and I care not. You know what's a bigger cause of heart disease? Stress. I live knowing that the foods I eat and the activities I undertake are often among those which are meant to be "bad" for you, but if you go by science everything is bad for you, so I choose not to care. I'd prefer to enjoy what I eat rather than worry about every single thing that goes in my mouth (;)) and frankly I'm likely to live longer than most health freaks simply because I'll not suffer the effects of stress to anywhere near the same extent as them.

Most sensible thing I seen on this forum in a while +rep ;p

Asher
16-11-2007, 05:46 PM
uhhh.. i know manyaperson who eat maccie d's once a week and aren't fat or dying. fnx.

You're clearly ignorant then. Just because it isn't affecting their appearance (gaining weight for example) doesn't mean it isn't affecting their overall health. They probably get out of breath easily, have occassional sleepless nights, and as mentioned above, they will be increasing the risk of heart disease with a consistent weekly binge of fast food.

beth
16-11-2007, 05:59 PM
You're clearly ignorant then. Just because it isn't affecting their appearance (gaining weight for example) doesn't mean it isn't affecting their overall health. They probably get out of breath easily, have occassional sleepless nights, and as mentioned above, they will be increasing the risk of heart disease with a consistent weekly binge of fast food.
yeah. i'm obviously ignorant because i don't examine my friends vital statistics to see whether once-weekly mcdonalds is damaging them.
bugger.

Ezzie.
16-11-2007, 06:05 PM
btw... for those who eat tons of junk food and say they're not fat, maybe on the outside, but the fatty tissue build up around your heart and other vital organs is most likely what you've got.

just to make y'all a lil bit more paranoid. ;)

joshuar
16-11-2007, 06:12 PM
That's like banning geeks from school banning fat people from fast food.

Just let them be.

Ezzie.
16-11-2007, 06:13 PM
That's like banning geeks from school banning fat people from fast food.

Just let them be.

Are only geeks educated? ^_^...

joshuar
16-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Are only geeks educated? ^_^...

Are fat people the only ones to eat fast food? ;)

Ezzie.
16-11-2007, 06:17 PM
two different ends of the spectrum..

PlKEY-ARMY
16-11-2007, 06:22 PM
i laughed at this thread and starter...

its their life let them be
anyway just cause someone is fat doesnt mean they are obese depends on the BMI

No offense to fat people, and this is in no way directed to people with problems, but I can't stand looking at them. It makes me feel sick, and how they eat so much on purpose, so its not harsh, its their own choice.leave them alone, anyway they may have the fat gene

WHAT THE HELL?
I am 7 stone
and my best friend is 15 and shes 8 stone and shes not fat or nothing :Sits called sarcasm he is a nub ignore him or you will turn to be a nub aswell

joshuar
16-11-2007, 06:24 PM
That is quite true, but still..

Back into the topic abit more, why should they be banned just because they are fat? Let them go and eat, they should have read something which will let them know what being fat means will happen if they don't change their diet.

Asher
16-11-2007, 06:28 PM
i laughed at this thread and starter...

its their life let them be
anyway just cause someone is fat doesnt mean they are obese depends on the BMI

hence why i've not used the term 'fat' anywhere in this thread :rolleyes:

Browney
16-11-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm 15 and 12st. By that I'm nearly twice as heavy as average if average is 7st.

Neversoft
16-11-2007, 06:31 PM
I agree and disagree. They should be allowed to do what they want, but theres nothing good that comes out of being fat.

Ezzie.
16-11-2007, 06:42 PM
btw the 12 stone thing is dumb.. at my height that'd be classed as severly underweight

Asher
16-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Exactly. There are no benefits from being overweight, and eating fast food is only going to contribute to bad health.

.Nickie
16-11-2007, 06:55 PM
i cant even laugh at this thread
its just sad and nasty to overwieght people who use the forum. Some people are overwieght for different reasons not just because of eating junk food.

joshuar
16-11-2007, 07:02 PM
i cant even laugh at this thread
its just sad and nasty to overwieght people who use the forum. Some people are overwieght for different reasons not just because of eating junk food.

That's actually a really good point. What if they were actually fine, but were still banned from fast food due to being "large in posture".

Ezzie.
16-11-2007, 07:23 PM
btw the 12 stone thing is dumb.. at my height that'd be classed as severly underweight

i meant 7 stone instead of 12 btw ;)

Also 7 stone is stupid.. if you're small in height then yes.. but for my height [5foot 8] 10 stone is the "healthy" weight

PlKEY-ARMY
16-11-2007, 08:32 PM
im 6ft 2/3/4" and weigh around 11 and a half stone not bad BMI is fine so yay

Technologic
16-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Use them as fuel for power stations and solve global warming

Yoshimitsui
16-11-2007, 08:45 PM
So what you're going to do is have them weighed as they walk through the door and if they are over 7 stone the sirens go an you have security throwing them out? :eusa_whis

Virgin Mary
16-11-2007, 11:53 PM
No because at the end of the day I'm a sympathetic person and if people want to eat themselves to death then that's OK.

Favourtism
16-11-2007, 11:55 PM
If overweight people were banned then they would loose nearly all their customers.

Ezzie.
16-11-2007, 11:57 PM
No because at the end of the day I'm a sympathetic person and if people want to eat themselves to death then that's OK.

i lol'd and rofl'd

indeed.

patrick.
17-11-2007, 08:33 AM
I think there should be weighing scales at the front door to every fast food restaurant and if your over a certain weight then it should say 'access denied'

Obviously they'll all start eating their hair

Virgin Mary
17-11-2007, 10:00 AM
I think there should be weighing scales at the front door to every fast food restaurant and if your over a certain weight then it should say 'access denied'

Weight gives a skewed idea of general health. Muscle is 3 times as dense as fat so an athletic person would be denied because they're too lean. It's a nice idea but badly faulted. They may as well stick to decreasing the width of the doors so fat people can't get in.

Nemo
17-11-2007, 10:56 AM
i think everyone should get weighed every few months or so and their height checked and see if they are overweight for their height, then they get a lil pass so they can get in fast food shops :P

WarezKid
17-11-2007, 11:11 AM
That like mad rofl.

---MAD---
17-11-2007, 11:33 AM

That wouldn't work. Weight doesn't necessary equal more fat. A taller person weighs more than a shorter person. A buff person weighs more than a thin person or someone slightly overweight. You would need a very smart system to calculate all that before saying access denied/allowed. Plus its people who don't care about their weight that eat fast food the most. People that want to stay under a certain cap won't go to mcdonalds every other day ;).

Bailsey
17-11-2007, 11:41 AM
no, it's their own choice if they wana be fat or not just like it's our own choice if we wana be gay, sraight or bi.

CrazyColaist
17-11-2007, 12:39 PM
are u da guy who went out wit matt?

Charlie
17-11-2007, 12:41 PM
That's like saying skinny people can't diet. It's stupid, if people want to eat themself into an overweight heartattack, then let them go for it. It's their life they are ruining, why should we stop them and let the customers in fast food places drop?

Leicester
17-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Leave them be, it's each to their own. You wouldn't like someone banning you from the things which you like would you?

RedStratocas
17-11-2007, 01:39 PM
you guys are catching up to us in overweight people?!

*ALERTS THE MEDIA*

everyone! go get a cheeseburger! we can't let the brits win!

FlyingJesus
17-11-2007, 01:48 PM
o no america im comin 2 get u

17-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Overweight people are probably 90% of the income of fast food. If fat people got banned from it, then there would be no fast food for anyone.

efq
17-11-2007, 08:13 PM
its there fault. eat all fastfood all the time = fat + die early.

I have it 1-2 times a month

.Nickie
17-11-2007, 11:44 PM
I really do hate this thread and for the people who are laughing about it are just sad. And how people can be cussed for eating fast food is just like not fair. People eat what they want. theres people out there who cant make meals because they are too busy and have to eat fast-food. There are different types of fast food and not ALL are un healthy. and just cause people want to eat unhealthy food doesnt mean they should be seperated from people who do eat healthly.

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 03:06 PM
To be fair since our society is all about being free and individual, "fat" people can be fat if they want to be, its not up to us to judge. Take for instance extremely skinny people, should they be banned from gyms?

What gives asher the right to discriminate, do i say to you that all gay people should be hung for being gay? Nope so dont be a git :)

Leicester
22-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Cypher and Nickies posts are the best and most fair posts on this thread.

--ss--
22-11-2007, 07:45 PM
It's the persons choice if they eat fast food or not , it's not like McDonalds are going to go to someone please try the health food's at other stores. It's all about money & buisness.

Janet Snakehole
22-11-2007, 07:45 PM
No, they shouldn't be banned.
Thats like discrimination.
People have a choice in life, they can choose how to live it. Whether its bad for their health or not. They know the risks.

Ashley
22-11-2007, 07:46 PM
If the person is fat and wants to carry on eating then it's their prerogative.
The fast food companies don't care if someone is fat or not; they may even say that it's an advantage because fat people tend to buy and eat more than the average customer - so more money for them.

Awfy
22-11-2007, 08:01 PM
They should be stopped from eating. First of all the majority of disabled people have their disabilty from being over weight. I don't see it fair to stop people smoking if we can't stop people eating. You may say "Smoking harms people around them", so eating is harming their kids? As 9/10 the kids copy their parents.

sarey
22-11-2007, 08:04 PM
obesity is caused by other things, not only fast food.

just because fast food happens to be a reason why some people are overweight, doesn't mean overweight people should be banned from having fast food. maybe if someone eats it like EVERYDAY, they should probably take it easy or something, but not be banned, it's their life, their choice, it's a free country, can do as they please.

i only eat fast food once a month, i find it quite gross... i dunno how people can eat that stuff, but hey, whatever floats their boat, aslong as people dont overdo it...

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 08:07 PM
obesity is caused by other things, not only fast food.

just because fast food happens to be a reason why some people are overweight, doesn't mean overweight people should be banned from having fast food. maybe if someone eats it like EVERYDAY, they should probably take it easy or something, but not be banned, it's their life, their choice, it's a free country, can do as they please.

i only eat fast food once a month, i find it quite gross... i dunno how people can eat that stuff, but hey, whatever floats their boat, aslong as people dont overdo it...

good post :) aye its really stinking, I got put off it at a house party once when someone must have brought a kfc home and a bit of popcorn chicken was sitting on a piece of paper the whole night and when i saw the circle of grease this tiny bit had left it shocked me.

shiver
27-11-2007, 11:06 PM
it is their OWN DECISION hu do u think u r

i think those who's disablitiy is obesity, however, should be banned. there's some tramps who reside near me who get free disability cars and all sorts just because they're lardasses!!!!! ridiculous!!!!! then the other day the father was putting up a shed :s!

Conorx0
27-11-2007, 11:54 PM
When ya see a rly fat person u can't elp but wonder how the hell do you get that fat.

Cryptoo
06-12-2007, 02:14 PM
:ban you 24356 until you loose weight
command > name > how long> why

nah dnt ban them.
make them join a gym :)

Nightrose
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Well i go to the gym and my wieghts gone upsimply because i have more muscle than body fat =]]

my weight goes between 123-127lb a month goes up and down so im 5ft 2 and 8st 11-9st =]], but i know most of that is muscle.

if people want to eat the food let them you cant force someone not to eat something just because its fattening

Abzii
06-12-2007, 04:27 PM
No, it's their choice if they want to eat it and get fat or not

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!