PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin 3.7 Discussion

---MAD---
23-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Hey guys :),

I have a feeling 3.7 will be running on vb.com soon.

Discuss vb 3.7 here :).

MAD

Roboevil
23-11-2007, 12:28 PM
omg its so amazing!!!

Favourtism
23-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Is there any new features etc :)
Good find haha +rep

http://uploadpicz.com/images/PTDUS45.png

L!nK.
23-11-2007, 12:34 PM
what features has it got?????

---MAD---
23-11-2007, 12:35 PM
The main feature will be the SN features which will include new profiles a bit like the zoints one but better presented and intergrated. It will also include tags etc.

Can't spill all the juice, the rest you have to wait and find out about ;).

L!nK.
23-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Ohhh right, cool..

so how do you know all this

Favourtism
23-11-2007, 12:38 PM
The main feature will be the SN features which will include new profiles a bit like the zoints one but better presented and intergrated. It will also include tags etc.

Can't spill all the juice, the rest you have to wait and find out about ;).
Nice
I am gunna invade vbulletin.com's forum to find the beans ;)

---MAD---
23-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Nice
I am gunna invade vbulletin.com's forum to find the beans ;)
Could do yeah, haha :).

jesus
23-11-2007, 12:49 PM
i think its amazing

GoldenMerc
23-11-2007, 01:23 PM
ooo sounds realy good,How long do you think it will be till its fully released?
Like non beta xD

MAD
23-11-2007, 01:41 PM
New year.

GoldenMerc
23-11-2007, 01:46 PM
What does it have more of? Like features? Got any pictures of the new features?

---MAD---
23-11-2007, 02:01 PM
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249460 :).

Pat McGroin
23-11-2007, 02:11 PM
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249460 :).
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1450772&postcount=10

Oooh, that would be a good VIP feature. :)

---MAD---
23-11-2007, 02:17 PM
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1450772&postcount=10

Oooh, that would be a good VIP feature. :)
True ;).

GoldenMerc
23-11-2007, 02:26 PM
ooo,I dont like it everyone will have to have a new like profile ew tacky

---MAD---
23-11-2007, 02:36 PM
ooo,I dont like it everyone will have to have a new like profile ew tacky
Tacky? Not at all. I think they look much nicer.

GoldenMerc
23-11-2007, 02:42 PM
I like basic simple

---MAD---
23-11-2007, 02:44 PM
I like basic simple
I believe you can still revert to the "old" ones, might not be possible - not 100% sure :).

GoldenMerc
23-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Hmm,
I wonder if i could make the new one look like the old Habbo layout the one before the last 2 the one that Habbox had a layout for,Need to find a picture tho but its worth a shot xD

---MAD---
23-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Hmm,
I wonder if i could make the new one look like the old Habbo layout the one before the last 2 the one that Habbox had a layout for,Need to find a picture tho but its worth a shot xD
lol, don't see why you would want to do that :P.

GoldenMerc
23-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Because it will make it kl
unlike what it is atm.

Favourtism
23-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Wow it looks amazing.
The new tag prexifes could be good for Habbox announcements eg.
Applications-
Job-
Trialists-

In order to define things etc. Groups also look great and the Moderation things look absolutely great :).

When performing inline moderation actions, board staff will now be required to re-authenticate themselves if they have not done so in their browsing session.

This prevents the possibility of unauthorized parties acting as a moderator on a public computer where a board staff member has accidentally ticked the 'remember me' box.
That is great for moderations staff and above to stay secure.

Also navbar notices are amazing. E.G. An administrator could set so every GM that logs on see's the following message under the navbar:
Check your PM's and the GN staff forum. Its very, very important.

Also for little bits of fun haha like:
''MAD RULES U LOLKZZZ''

Seems revolutionary to be honest.

Beau
23-11-2007, 08:39 PM
That's Hot™

Seriously, I cannot wait until the BETA comes out. My localhost is going to have fun testing everything out... :)

---MAD---
24-11-2007, 05:13 PM
That's Hot™

Seriously, I cannot wait until the BETA comes out. My localhost is going to have fun testing everything out... :)
Haha. Our test forum is set up ;).

Anarchy
24-11-2007, 07:39 PM
:Psweet

Beau
25-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Haha. Our test forum is set up ;).

I couldn't find it, which means it's either hidden very well, or you're breaking vB terms and conditions by not putting it in a correctly named directory :P Surely it wouldn't be the latter :P

redtom
25-11-2007, 09:13 AM
I really carnt believe this, most of the, I thought unquie feautres I was planning to put in my forum VB are releasing in this new version =[ kinda sucks for me as people will see mine as a copy, but I canrt wait for this to come to habbox, mainly the profiles and gallerys as I think it will increase the amount of user posted graphics.

---MAD---
25-11-2007, 11:37 AM
I couldn't find it, which means it's either hidden very well, or you're breaking vB terms and conditions by not putting it in a correctly named directory :P Surely it wouldn't be the latter :P
Haha, your allowed a test forum as long as its not publically accessible (as in you cannot register / join in etc).

I really carnt believe this, most of the, I thought unquie feautres I was planning to put in my forum VB are releasing in this new version =[ kinda sucks for me as people will see mine as a copy, but I canrt wait for this to come to habbox, mainly the profiles and gallerys as I think it will increase the amount of user posted graphics.
Oh cool, never knew you had a forum :O.

TehJoshy
25-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Yay yet another vBulletin upgrade.

i love the software but im bored of having to upgrade lol :D

Holy Cow. it looks amazing tbh. abit IPB though?

---MAD---
26-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Yay yet another vBulletin upgrade.

i love the software but im bored of having to upgrade lol :D

Holy Cow. it looks amazing tbh. abit IPB though?
There are barely any updates with vB tbh. Sure there are bug fix releases but thats vital in all software. Since 3.6 release (this time last year), we have had 8 full upgrades and 3 or so patches which take like 1 minute to apply anyway ;).

zeJosh
26-11-2007, 03:23 PM
There are barely any updates with vB tbh. Sure there are bug fix releases but thats vital in all software. Since 3.6 release (this time last year), we have had 8 full upgrades and 3 or so patches which take like 1 minute to apply anyway ;).

Mhm, when I Installed my vB Updates for the current version I was actually
going to go out, and leave my pc on to finish but, it done it straight away for me.
I doubt it'l changed this time, possibly shorter due to modern technology. :D

GoldenMerc
26-11-2007, 03:55 PM
I'd like a new design for the admincp like a diffrent layout xD
That would be quality

---MAD---
26-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I'd like a new design for the admincp like a diffrent layout xD
That would be quality
That will be done in 4.0.

Jaysir
26-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Yea in 4.0their supposed to have all those new features. WOnder if it actually will..

GoldenMerc
26-11-2007, 04:12 PM
MAD have you got a test forum for 4.0?
Please please let me in!

---MAD---
26-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Yea in 4.0their supposed to have all those new features. WOnder if it actually will..
Off course it will as they can only do it in a major version such as 4.0, 5.0. vBulletin do not rewrite systems in feature release versions for consistency etc :).

Edit: vbulletin.com/forum/ being upgraded to 3.7 right this moment!

zeJosh
26-11-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm quite anticipating the admincp as mentioned above,
a new layout might brighten up a stubborn administrator xD
Like MAD. *Cough*

(Only joking MAD)

Lycan
26-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Looks good, can't wait for the public release.

GoldenMerc
26-11-2007, 04:29 PM
vBulletin Forum Closed Temporarily

Sorry, we've had to close the forums temporarily while we upgrade to 3.7

Check back later to see.

MAD why dont they do like a new admincp every. 3.?
:S

zeJosh
26-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I seriously doubt that they'd like to upgrade a admin feature every .3.
This would mean:

More work,
More space added to update limitsI also believe every .3 admin updates wouldn't be necessary as
we have all admin functions needed coming in 4.0.
I doub't we'll see a new admin update until 5.7 or 6.0.

- Josh :D

---MAD---
26-11-2007, 04:32 PM
MAD why dont they do like a new admincp every. 3.?
:S
Because it requires recoding the whole admincp. They aren't going to just make a new style that has different colours. Its going to be a revamping control panel.

zeJosh
26-11-2007, 04:33 PM
and as MAD quite rightly said.
They'd have to recode the Vb Admin CP every .3 which as i've stated.
Is unnecessary updating.

- Josh :D

GoldenMerc
26-11-2007, 04:35 PM
MAD do you work for vb.org you seem to know a awful lot more than a normal member does ;P

Favourtism
26-11-2007, 04:37 PM
MAD do you work for vb.org you seem to know a awful lot more than a normal member does ;P
When I last checked he just has normal accounts on vbulletin.org and .com. He does have a lot of posts on them though.

GoldenMerc
26-11-2007, 04:46 PM
And knows alot :[

---MAD---
26-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Nope, I am simply a member :).

GoldenMerc
26-11-2007, 04:51 PM
So how come you have a test forum already?

zeJosh
26-11-2007, 04:59 PM
He bribed them.

Edited by ---MAD--- (General Manager): Please do not pointless post.

---MAD---
26-11-2007, 04:59 PM
So how come you have a test forum already?
We don't. We have a test forum ready to be upgraded to 3.7 when its released as beta in the next few days :).

zeJosh
26-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Share with me. :(
I want to have a look at the new features :D

GoldenMerc
26-11-2007, 05:01 PM
How did you get that :(

---MAD---
26-11-2007, 05:06 PM
How did you get that :(
Get what?

GoldenMerc
26-11-2007, 05:08 PM
The beta thing

---MAD---
26-11-2007, 05:33 PM
The beta thing
The beta will be public and released in a few days. vBulletin.com/forum will be the first to run it and will run it for a few days to test everything and get the first load of bugs fixed ;).

No-one has a copy of the beta - including us.

Edit: vbulletin.com now running beta 1 :).

zeJosh
26-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Ah right. Answers my question then. :)

GoldenMerc
26-11-2007, 05:43 PM
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/
I see nothing diffrent as a guest !!

---MAD---
26-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Wow, vb got ripped apart because of all the traffic.

GoldenMerc
26-11-2007, 06:36 PM
odea did it get owned ?

Database Error Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.vbulletin.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.vbulletin.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

---MAD---
26-11-2007, 06:40 PM
odea did it get owned ?
By too much traffic, yes haha.

zeJosh
26-11-2007, 06:43 PM
LOL. Unlucky on Vb

GoldenMerc
26-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Ow i thought litrally :(
I never get vB errors when its to much traffic :S
Anyways i would imagine vB have a huge sever right? and some kind of office?

Steven.
27-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Looking rather snazzy. Like the new in-line features, not so keen on the new profile look - it looks too crowded and basically becoming a Social Network.... which is not what the purpose of a forum is.

Because your forum don't receive many hits compared to vbulletin.com. For example your forum probs gets 5% of the hits vb.com gets. ;)

And of course they would have servers; and an office they're a registered company. Its just with the big load of traffic trying to get on the site overloaded the server and it wasn't able to handle the requests etc...

zeJosh
27-11-2007, 09:10 AM
As above, of course they'd have offices.
And as above yet again, the servers problem overloaded from hefty amounts
of web traffic.

GoldenMerc
27-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Ye but when my site overloads it just says like page cannot be displayed.

---MAD---
29-11-2007, 08:30 AM
They have more than one server and yes they have an office in England (in reading I think).

All servers have their limits - if microsoft gets too many hits, it will go down too but obviously they have loads and loads of servers - not just one sitting in a corner so it will take much more than a few thousand people to take the server offline ;).

Tom H
29-11-2007, 08:52 AM
They have more than one server and yes they have an office in England (in reading I think).

All servers have their limits - if microsoft gets too many hits, it will go down too but obviously they have loads and loads of servers - not just one sitting in a corner so it will take much more than a few thousand people to take the server offline ;).

Microsoft has 25 backup clusters on each of them they have 12 servers in a layered rack form, all containing the appropriate layers. If you then move onto DDOS - Microsoft is impossible to DDOS now because of the routing they have at there campus & several datacentres. They have the latest Cisco switches, in term meaning, it must pass through a switch, a router, and a bridge before you get to even a TCP connection with the server, and then the IP data back. Microsoft also have access to the largest backbone in the world, therefore the only way the Microsoft site will go offline is if it hacked (which would be nearly impossible), because the way they edit there site is all done locally and there file editing permissions are set to 127.0.0.1 (localhost), so unless you blew up the datacentre, blew up the backbone, robbed the Microsoft Campus or did super-human things like travel through your PC, Microsoft aint going down. I did not say that Microsoft couldn't be hacked, because the last person who did it was an employee who commited mal-practice, it's the fact that you believe Microsoft will go down with "X" amount of hits, where X is an interger standing for an alleged "maximum" number of hits.

Anyway,

vBulletin 3.7 does look rather interesting, and I do like it.

---MAD---
29-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Microsoft has 25 backup clusters on each of them they have 12 servers in a layered rack form, all containing the appropriate layers. If you then move onto DDOS - Microsoft is impossible to DDOS now because of the routing they have at there campus & several datacentres. They have the latest Cisco switches, in term meaning, it must pass through a switch, a router, and a bridge before you get to even a TCP connection with the server, and then the IP data back. Microsoft also have access to the largest backbone in the world, therefore the only way the Microsoft site will go offline is if it hacked (which would be nearly impossible), because the way they edit there site is all done locally and there file editing permissions are set to 127.0.0.1 (localhost), so unless you blew up the datacentre, blew up the backbone, robbed the Microsoft Campus or did super-human things like travel through your PC, Microsoft aint going down. I did not say that Microsoft couldn't be hacked, because the last person who did it was an employee who commited mal-practice, it's the fact that you believe Microsoft will go down with "X" amount of hits, where X is an interger standing for an alleged "maximum" number of hits.

Anyway,

vBulletin 3.7 does look rather interesting, and I do like it.
I love how you use big words to make your posts seem high tech ;). Who even mentioned DDOSing them?

MAD

Tom H
29-11-2007, 09:14 AM
I love how you use big words to make your posts seem high tech ;). Who even mentioned DDOSing them?

MAD

For a start they are barely long words - they are very simple computing words. If you took CCNA (one of the lowest cisco qualifications, you would come across much bigger and more interesting words than that). Fortunately, the company I work for paid for me to do CCNA -> CCNP -> CCIE Security (I have the lab test still to do).

Well DDOS is trying to do something, that can't be done. It's a bunch of resources on the PC / Network that is not there - so what you where saying was, if the server got too many "hits" it would go down - meaning it wouldn't have enough resources to handle all the users, when infact a company like Microsoft would. Such a balderdash comment from you, I must say.

Anyway, you consider yourself as the general manager so I would expect you in all your professionalism to stay on topic - the reason I went "Off topic" is to tell you what was the truth, not what you thought. As you said in another post I read just now, "we learn something new each day one said".

Anyway, MAD, do you like vBulletin 3.7? Do you think it will be of use to HabboxForum?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!