PDA

View Full Version : My theory about the delay of GTAIV

Technologic
23-11-2007, 08:08 PM
If you think about it it has been delayed until after Xmas.

This may sound crazy but i think it may have been deliberate.

At xmas many people will be getting either a xbox 360 or a PS3, more console owners = more sales.

Plus, Rockstar now have more time to publicise GTAIV before it is released causing demand to increase.

Discuss:

Neil
23-11-2007, 08:11 PM
If you think about it it has been delayed until after Xmas.

This may sound crazy but i think it may have been deliberate.

At xmas many people will be getting either a xbox 360 or a PS3, more console owners = more sales.

Plus, Rockstar now have more time to publicise GTAIV before it is released causing demand to increase.

Discuss:

I don't think so, I don't even think the PS3 is to blame anymore, I just think they wanted to add more to the game and couldn't do it before the release date set, on GTA4.net I think it is they had a press release thing from Rockstar saying that GTA4 was only 75% or so completed and this was about August

Technologic
23-11-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't think so, I don't even think the PS3 is to blame anymore, I just think they wanted to add more to the game and couldn't do it before the release date set, on GTA4.net I think it is they had a press release thing from Rockstar saying that GTA4 was only 75% or so completed and this was about August
Mm.. that's true but it would make sense fo my reason to be the delay...

Could be a factor of both?

Neil
23-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Mm.. that's true but it would make sense fo my reason to be the delay...

Could be a factor of both?

Maybe but I highly doubt Rockstar or TakeTwo give a rats about console sales, unless MS and Sony gave them alot of money lol

Technologic
23-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Maybe but I highly doubt Rockstar or TakeTwo give a rats about console sales, unless MS and Sony gave them alot of money lol
Yes but think about it.. they can't sell the game if people don't have the console....

Neil
23-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Yea but the game is expected to release like May/March, which is a long way off of :p
But yea it does make sense since alot more people will be getting new consoles, I'm getting a Wii, my friends getting a 360, some other people will be getting 360s and PS3s so it does sort of make sense xD

Technologic
23-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Yea but the game is expected to release like May/March, which is a long way off of :p
But yea it does make sense since alot more people will be getting new consoles, I'm getting a Wii, my friends getting a 360, some other people will be getting 360s and PS3s so it does sort of make sense xD
I rember in march when everyone was like "nnoooooo not the PS3, they suck"

now everyone is getting one xo.

And i see your point about it being so late in the year..

Neil
23-11-2007, 08:26 PM
I rember in march when everyone was like "nnoooooo not the PS3, they suck"

now everyone is getting one xo.

And i see your point about it being so late in the year..

Lol I'm getting a PS3 next year, only for motorstorm and maybe, just maybe for a few other games

Technologic
23-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Lol I'm getting a PS3 next year, only for motorstorm and maybe, just maybe for a few other games
*cough* MGS4, LA noire, Ratchet and Clank*/cough*

Neil
23-11-2007, 08:30 PM
*cough* Ratchet and Clank*/cough*

That's more like it :P

Oni
23-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Motorstorm suck imo, MGS4 looks good though.

Http:// I dont think you are right, people get consoles for xmas and with them they will get a few games 'the hottest games of the moment'. Whereas after xmas people have enough games to keep em going and wont buy more for awhile.

Technologic
23-11-2007, 08:32 PM
That's more like it :P
Lol, if you get a PS3 id reccomend putting in a new HDD if you get the 40GB. Game saves are HAYOOGE (like 100mb per or summin) and you'll end up downloading everything on the PSN store like i did xo.

I might upgrade mine after xmas

Neil
23-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Lol, if you get a PS3 id reccomend putting in a new HDD if you get the 40GB. Game saves are HAYOOGE (like 100mb per or summin) and you'll end up downloading everything on the PSN store like i did xo.

I might upgrade mine after xmas

I would get 60Gb but I doubt I would be able to find any in stores about Febuary time

Motorstorm suck imo

I love off-road racing though :P

Technologic
23-11-2007, 08:38 PM
I would get 60Gb but I doubt I would be able to find any in stores about Febuary time

I love off-road racing though :P
Some of the levels are impossible though...

You try driving a lorry at like 70MPH around a hairpin on a liff edge...

The best bit is though when you crash and explode you can pause it and zoom all around the smooshed up car

bo$$
23-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Wasn't there some lawyer that was going to sue them for mocking him in the game and having him killed or something like that..? Maybe that could be why.. they could just be changing a few things just so that they can get him off their backs.

Technologic
23-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Wasn't there some lawyer that was going to sue them for mocking him in the game and having him killed or something like that..? Maybe that could be why.. they could just be changing a few things just so that they can get him off their backs.
Since when have rockstar listened to lawyers/religous folk/over-concerend parents?

Plus his case was dismissed i think

Neil
23-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Since when have rockstar listened to lawyers/religous folk/over-concerend parents?

Plus his case was dismissed i think

I think it was because it was a fictional character and he had no proof it was based on him xD

Technologic
23-11-2007, 08:51 PM
I think it was because it was a fictional character and he had no proof it was based on him xD
It obv. is though LOL

bo$$
23-11-2007, 08:53 PM
It obv. is though LOL

Lmao.
I could just imagine them making the game and snickering like
"HEY!!... LETS MAKE THEM KILL HIM!!"
"HAHA THATS GREAT!!"

and then when it comes to court all they have to say is "Prove it."
and he can't

Neil
23-11-2007, 09:01 PM
It obv. is though LOL

Yea it is obvious but there is no solid proof that it is him, unless give gives a judge some form of document or something saying that the character is based on him nothing can be done xD

Johno
23-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah, they care about money though. This fiscal year hasn't been great for T-2 so if they delay the game till next year....

It makes their books look better for next year, it makes the shareholders happy and of course it means they will rake in the money from the people buying games with their Christmas money.

My theory anyway :D

.:; Johno

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!