PDA

View Full Version : Rumors and Fact's you've heard about GTA IV

Hollister
24-11-2007, 04:57 PM
I know everyone's so excited for it to come out,
so I thought i'll start somthing so people can see why this game is going to be way to sick!

- You can withdraw money from ATM Machines
- Call people on your cellphone
- Do missions during another misson
- You can't get a star without having a witness see you doing somthing illeagle and you have to get out of the area so you can lose the star's.

Anything you know?

Neil
24-11-2007, 05:02 PM
- You play as Niko Bellic, he is an Eastern-European immigrant in his mid-thirties that has come to Liberty City seeking the American dream (free living and all that)

- Liberty City is once again the location the game is held, which is the Rockstar version of New York, all the right places are there but renamed, Broker is Brooklyn, Manhattan is now called Algonquin, Queens is now Dukes, the Bronx is Bohan, and New Jersey is Alderney.
Landmarks in the game will include, Coney Island Cyclone, Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building and the MetLife Building (GetaLife in game), Statue of Liberty has also been renamed for the game and is now Statue of Happiness, the game map isn't as big as San Andreas but it is meant to take about an hour to get from one side to the other

- Streets are all individually named for the new way to find where to go during missions (beats mission markers) I assume you'll have some form on PDA, we'll see.

- Almost all missions are started using Nikos mobile phone, another unique feature is that with the mobile phone you may now call other people aswell.

- Stealing cars is now more realistic, you will now break the window and unlock it from the inside other than opening the door and driving off with possibly an alarm.

- There IS online multiplayer and co-op, unfortunatly it wont be co-op on the single player missions (like Saints Row co-op)

- When shooting you will go into a view above the shoulder, like when you aim on GoW I assume, it is possible to auto-lock, hand to hand combat is also being reworked.

- You can now climb telephone poles and fire escapes.

- Nikos outfit can be changed but his physical appearance can't

- Xbox 360 will receive 2 exclusive "episodes" in the xbox live marketplace for an unknown amount of Microsoft points

- The things listed below will come with the special edition version of the game

* A Rockstar keychain for the safe deposit box keys.
* A limited edition Rockstar duffel bag.
* Production artwork from GTA IV in the "Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book".
* Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release.
* A specially packaged version of the game for either PS3 or Xbox 360.

- More buildings will be accessable by the player, sky scapers will be used and you will be able to throw people off of them

- No airplanes will be obtainable, helicopters will be but an airport is in the game.

- The options that are available on Nikos phone are, Phonebook, Messages, Organizer, and Camera.

- The sound of the game has been improved, you will hear cars, the water, possibly many other things while roaming the city of Liberty City

- No loading screens

Multiplayer
"Set for 2008's second quarter, GTA IV was also missing, but Rockstar's man on the scene told Ga*****xcellence that they had begun testing the various plots and that the developers were considering the possibility of having an open world completely unlocked from the start of the game. We also understand that the game's multiplayer mode, unseen in the GTA franchise since GTA2 in 1997, is aiming for at least 16 simultaneous players, with more than just the usual deathmatch mode."

Most of the information that I've posted here before

Technologic
24-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Not a rumour but it would be amazing if they had done a co-op mode for single player

mangle
24-11-2007, 06:21 PM
No more ammunation!

Technologic
24-11-2007, 06:49 PM
No more ammunation!
Mmmhmmm.
You buy your guns from back-street dealers

g
27-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Sounds pretty good, but i think it would have been better if it was CJ out of San Andreas because i like the ghetto gangster theme but evryone gets killed off exept from sweet and you're sister,

Neil
28-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Sounds pretty good, but i think it would have been better if it was CJ out of San Andreas because i like the ghetto gangster theme but evryone gets killed off exept from sweet and you're sister,

I donno, I quite like the idea of this one, you start fresh, you have no enemies from the start
What I'm really happy about is that the world is open right from the start, they are not locking you in one part of the city until you unlock the next part, it's all unlocked from when you start the game up

MrGazet
28-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I donno, I quite like the idea of this one, you start fresh, you have no enemies from the start
What I'm really happy about is that the world is open right from the start, they are not locking you in one part of the city until you unlock the next part, it's all unlocked from when you start the game up

yeah i like it too.gta iv be cool! :D

le harry
28-11-2007, 01:20 PM
That unlocking thing sounds well cool, I hate having to spend like 241241 hours unlocking places. :@

MrGazet
28-11-2007, 01:25 PM
That unlocking thing sounds well cool, I hate having to spend like 241241 hours unlocking places. :@

lol me too :P spent ages unlocking places pfft

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!