PDA

View Full Version : How do you double dj?

Jamieb
25-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Title says it How do you double dj with no wires etc sam to skype?

,Rachyy,
26-11-2007, 01:27 PM
It's actually quite simple, if they do have skype you just have a call going and the DJ that is on air holds his/her mic up to the speakers. There is a way you can do it with SAM but it's complicated. I don't know how to do it on SAM but on Skype it's easier just to hold the mic up, it may not be as clear as you want it to be but it's the easiest way I think :).

Hope that helped.

DJ-Rachy

Slowpoke
26-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Go on Skype whilst DJying. Easy peasy.

zeJosh
26-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes, as above.
You'd need to be in a call with the desired person to double DJ
while connected with WINamp or SAM. :)

Jamieb
26-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Yesh i know i mean like i want to so it so its clear like Clubhabbo etc.

zeJosh
26-11-2007, 03:40 PM
I believe they do the same process, with very good microphones.
I'm not sure what the term is called, but it allows you to focus onto one thing
and excludes background noise.

- Josh :D

Jamieb
26-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Oh thanks ill look into it.

zeJosh
26-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Not a problem.
Hope I helped.

- Josh :D

,Rachyy,
27-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Lepore posted a very good guide on how to make it clear here it is quoted below:

Heres a Guide. Hope it helps.

A Few points before I start

Double DJing is not for everyone.
Some people will just not have a soundcard that allows them to use stereo mix. Therefore Double DJing can not be done. But for some of you who may. Then this tutorial will work fine =] Also you need to work this out without the screenshots as the ones I took became bad :(

Step 1.

First off. Load up your Sam Broadcaster and click on Config. From that you should get your Voice FX Configuration. Make sure you have encoders selected and click Mixer.

Step 2.

Now you should have Recording Control open. Click Options ; Properties and make sure recording is selcted. Now below make sure Stereo Mix/Recording is selected and also Microphone is. Then press ok. (Some people will not have stereo mix. If not then your soundcard is not good enough. Therefore Double DJing is out of the window.

Step 3. (The most important step. May need to read a few times)

Now. You will be back at recording control. You should now see Stereo mix there aswell as everything. Well move you stereo mix bar just under half way. Now when you tick select, it will mean that your now talking from your soundcard so basically when the other person on skype talks they will hear themselves and hear the song your playing if you play it. Or whatever. So when Double Djing leave your recording control open. Remember this and remember when you talk Stereo mix MUST be selected.

I know what your now thinking. How will people be able to hear me when I have stereo mix on. Well they wont. Unless you unmute your mic. To do this double click on the Speaker in your toolbar which is in the bottom right of your screen. Now you should have Volume Control open. Click Options ; Properties and this time make sure you have playback checked and microphone checked.

Step 4.

Right. Now make sure microphone is unticked on mute. Now people will hear you on stereo mix. And yes you will hear yourself. Get used to it. Right. Now. DJ like normal on Sam. But when talking. The red dot MUST be selected when talking, Stereo Mix MUST be selected and you MUST be unmuted. Here is the red dot on encoders.

If I am correct this process should work, took me a while to get through it and another while to take screenshots which I deleted lol. Anyway this may look hard, but it isnt once you got this your double DJ show should go smoothly.

Implosion
28-11-2007, 03:18 PM
I do believe this thread is 3 days old and not really relevant anymore.
And I think ZeJosh had helped him. Making your post pointless. :)

Nixt
28-11-2007, 03:27 PM
I do believe this thread is 3 days old and not really relevant anymore.
And I think ZeJosh had helped him. Making your post pointless. :)

Just because three days has passed it doesn't mean the post is irrelevant? If more than a week past it would still be relevant. Also, zejosh's help was different to that of xoxrachaelxox's help so it's not pointless. +rep to her for posting it, as it's a good guide :).

Implosion
28-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Yes, but I see no response from Jamie asking for more help.
So my immediate assumption is the problems solved.

Nixt
28-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Yes, but I see no response from Jamie asking for more help.
So my immediate assumption is the problems solved.

Equally, there wasn't a post saying I wouldn't like any more suggestions. If the thread is open there is no reason to stop posting in it, unless it's extremely old or pointless / rule breaking. I am simply outlining the etiquette of this Forum, which may be different to other Forums you have visited.

Implosion
28-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm not very adapted to this forum yet, but my opinion still stands.
3 days without a response could mean that the problem is solved,
and that he needs no more help or he would of specifically asked for it.
Regardless of posting if he doesn't need it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!