PDA

View Full Version : Could under 18's cope with being a hobba?

Mike
22-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Do you think 16 year olds could cope with being a hobba?

Habbo hotel feel education and family come first before habbo, but what if us under 18's could proove that school work would not suffer, and that our familys gave us permission, that under 18's could apply to become a hobba?

The age to apply was once 16, so why raise it if many hobbas are going to leave and can only be on after work hours?

Rye1088
22-08-2004, 08:28 PM

Habbo hotel feel education and family come first before habbo, but what if us under 18's could proove that school work would not suffer, and that our familys gave us permission, that under 18's could apply to become a hobba?

The age to apply was once 16, so why raise it if many hobbas are going to leave and can only be on after work hours?
People the age of 16 will also only be able to come on after work/college hours! I'm 16 and I personally think I could cope with being a Hobba.

The hotel is moderated 24/7 so some Hobbas must be unemployed or have different work hours/time zones to others!

Simonac55
22-08-2004, 11:30 PM
And it is not all the Hobbas that are in UK (well I think so) so there is a difference between hours.

Fireswords
23-08-2004, 12:47 AM
Maybe 16 years olds could, it depends cause if they are mature and know enough about Habbo, maybe they should be able to.
I think if you are mature enough and you know the Habbo Way and have a PERFECT and CLEAN record you could qualify to become a Hobba, but you couldn't become Habbo Staff until you are 19 years old.
And still have the same qualifications.

And it also depends on their school hours and their time zone, cause they would have to be on Habbo for quite a bit of hours a day.

TheOrangeEvil
23-08-2004, 02:32 AM

Maybe. We all have to acknowledge that the age of 18 is a bit arbitrary. There's nothing particularly special about an eighteen-year-old versus a seventeen-and-a-half-year-old in terms of maturity and intelligence. That being said, Habbo Hotel still has to decide on an age, even if it's no guarantee. There are irresponsible, stupid, and bad people of all ages - but that doesn't mean the Hotel can't set an age minimum, in addition to other criteria. And this exactly what Habbo Hotel does. The Hotel can very reasonably say that an eighteen-year-old is MORE likely to be mature.

As I said before, even though 18 is arbitrary, it's not completely insane - 18 is considered in most western countries the point at which a child reaches adulthood.

Habbo Hotel promises parents on its homepage that Hobbas will watch over the Hotel and protect their children from harm. That means having a mature, responsible, and intelligent adult. Capability isn't the only issue, it's also about credibility. Adults have more of it. Adults are more likely going to better at the job. Adults are generally more mature. Adults generally handle stress better.

I think it's fairly obvious why the age minimum is where it is. I hope the Hotel sticks around for many more years to come and that the under-eighteen crowd applies then.

Stance
23-08-2004, 02:36 AM
Here, I wouldn't say that under 18s cant cope with being a Hobba, but I think habbo is being safe. Giving moderator powers to a person under the age of 18 can be risky. Once you are over 18- you can drive you can drink and become a hobba :D

So I think for saftey reasons and where the power is going, 18s have better responsibility that under 18s, otherwise there'd be way more people applying!

Arcanum
23-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Under 18's could possibly be able to cope with being a Hobba, Im sure there are some irresponsible 18 year olds out there, but HAbbo needs to be firm with safety!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!