PDA

View Full Version : Web DEVELOPMENT forum

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Right

I hate making these threads because they're so horrible.

Habbox forums were never originally created for webdesign, they were created as habbo fansite boards. For that reason these webdesign forums will never get the attention they deserve.

Basically, I'm thinking of starting a forum based on web development, which as a whole includes everything related to the web, not just programming. How to actually make money and stuff.

I'd eventually hope to have free php scripts and tutorials on how to make money, so .. what'dya say? Would you register and contribute to a great forum?

Oh, and for the people who think I'm just gonna load it with ads, it won't have any ads.

Implosion
28-11-2007, 02:58 PM
I'd love to help.
I could possibly do some tutorials on the site, and help run it generally.
Add me at:

[email protected]
I'll accept you when i'm at my desktop pc. :)

Awfy
28-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I would help if it was vBulletin run.

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't want people who are only going to help if they can be staff, I want people who will help contribute to the community, obviously anyone who does consistently help will have a better chance of being promoted.

Also, it will be vbulletin but that isn't important right now.

Awfy
28-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Okay then, nevermind.

Implosion
28-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Yes, i'll be helping towards the community staff or not.
Where in my post did I ask for staff?

Awfy
28-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes, i'll be helping towards the community staff or not.
Where in my post did I ask for staff?
Ryan is very stubborn, just ignore him.

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm not stubborn at all.
I didn't say you did ask for staff, you implied and I implied back and getting a point accross to anyone else who reads this thread. Most people only actually help when there is a staff position involved.

Implosion
28-11-2007, 03:30 PM
I can see that.
Ryan, what would you be giving to the community/staff?
I actually believe you'll make us do all the work, while you just sit there
and attempt to get fame?

I don't know you very well so that is an assumption.
I'll stand by it until proved otherwise.

And what did I imply?
I said I would help.

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 03:34 PM
What would I be doing? This project has my dedication, this may sound big headed but a lot of users on here aren't getting anywhere, but they have the potential to eventually earn money from webdevelopment. I'll be helping everyone make money by posting tutorials, scripts and shizzle.

You said you'd help run it generally, maybe I misread, maybe I didn't. But seeing threads like these and people only wanting to help if they get a staff position made me post what I did.

Now, lets stop this and let others post.

Implosion
28-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I Apologise on my fault for mis-interpretation.
And as i've said i'd be glad to help make tutorials.

d17c
28-11-2007, 04:12 PM
I'd help contribute to the forum, I'm not exactly the best and coding and stuff, but I've made a reasonable amount of money online and would be happy to help others earn :)

craigg.
28-11-2007, 05:05 PM
If it is a reasonable forum, what the hell, I may aswell. The moderation in this section, is just... abysmal. I would think about registering, it's time for a change.

Frog!
28-11-2007, 05:30 PM
If it is a reasonable forum, what the hell, I may aswell. The moderation in this section, is just... abysmal. I would think about registering, it's time for a change.
Quite true.

As I said to you before, I would join. Even if it had like 10 members. I may even submit a tut. :o

lolwut
28-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I would, yeah.
Providing the people who try to overrun these forums (*mumble* Simon/Caleb) don't try and overrun it too.

Invent
28-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Providing the people who try to overrun these forums (*mumble* Simon/Caleb) don't try and overrun it too.

Explain? I in no way try to overrun this forum. I just dislike it when people join the Forum and then straight away want respect and want to run the sub-forum theirself "/

redtom
28-11-2007, 06:13 PM
It it's half decent I'll join, wouldn't mind helping if you need it, but it will proberly wont last a month like most other attemps.

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 06:16 PM
It'll definitely last longer than the other attempts, and it won't be an attempt, it'll be a success ;)

Assassinator
28-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Ide love to help as im very bored, PM me if your intrested.

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Okay, I've just purchased an owned vbulletin license.

Now we just need a site name, I did register dytho.com earlier, it obviously doesn't have webdev/forum etc in it, but it's all about the branding.

What do you guys think of that name? It's pronouncable and short.

Assassinator
28-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Okay, I've just purchased an owned vbulletin license.

Now we just need a site name, I did register dytho.com earlier, it obviously doesn't have webdev/forum etc in it, but it's all about the branding.

What do you guys think of that name? It's pronouncable and short.

Listen, i would love to be a administrator on the forum and help, PM me if your intrested. I really want to help..

Names?

- WebsDesign.com
- IllusicDesign.com
- TalkDesigns.com
- WebdesignForum.com
- IllmaticDesigns.com

PM me:P

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 06:45 PM
No one is gonna get an admin status by asking, if you really want to help when the forum launches you'll post helpful stuff etc, then you'll have to chance of becoming an admin.

For now, I just need thoughts on dytho.com or a name suggestion, I don't want anything that's unprofessional or taken (obviously).

vTaz
28-11-2007, 06:45 PM
CodeDev? :D, devSHOCK? :)

Implosion
28-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Hm..
Deforum

Invent
28-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Was this the forum you asked me to help with on MSN or is it a different one?

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Same I guess, just a webdevelopment forum.

Anyway, gonna use dytho.com because it's original and pronounceable.

Oni
28-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I honestly cant see it succeding, senior webdesigners of this forum, sygon etc made one not so long back. It was an AMAZING forum but no one joined or anything.

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 07:29 PM
How did you get the name senior webdesigner?

You see, habbox is messed up with people classing people and stuff.

If you are new to habbox and ask for help in creating a website people are negative and don't always help.

The whole point of this forum is to stop that **** and to actually help people, which is why the new forum will succeed, I'll be helping people and hopefully others will be, you can't beat community spirit.

EDIT: oh and .. it couldnt of been amazing if no one used it..

Implosion
28-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I agree to that.
I was told I was a noob at web design, because I only joined recentely. o.o

Oni
28-11-2007, 07:38 PM
How did you get the name senior webdesigner?

You see, habbox is messed up with people classing people and stuff.

If you are new to habbox and ask for help in creating a website people are negative and don't always help.

The whole point of this forum is to stop that **** and to actually help people, which is why the new forum will succeed, I'll be helping people and hopefully others will be, you can't beat community spirit.

EDIT: oh and .. it couldnt of been amazing if no one used it..
I didnt make it ''/ Im not a senior webdesigner.

A forum is opinions so people can give whatever opinions on sites that they want. If you dont allow that then its not a forum. People always do help newer members unless then think it wont succeed in which case they tell them.

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 07:41 PM
A forum isn't opinions, it's a community. A member within a community helps other members within the community.

Being blunt like, "it's gonna fail" doesn't help (refer to community definition here).

I didn't say you did make it, what I'm saying is, why is sygon a senior webdesigner?

Oni
28-11-2007, 07:45 PM
why is sygon a senior webdesigner?
Because he is a respected member of this forum that many people look up to and follow. He is the sort of person that would be successful with a forum as people would follow him on but they never. It was loads of people like dentafrice etc too.

Blob
28-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Ill help

crans
28-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I'll be apart of your small community Ryan. :)

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Because he is a respected member of this forum that many people look up to and follow. He is the sort of person that would be successful with a forum as people would follow him on but they never. It was loads of people like dentafrice etc too.

Respected doesn't mean anything, I'm not respected but I could sure as hell create a forum just as well as anyone else here, and I'm sure quite a lot of people could.

Either way, we'll have to prove you wrong.

We're up and running here: http://www.dytho.com/index.php

I'm setting up the forums now, please post any forum suggestions here:
http://www.dytho.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

And I'll take them into consideration.

EDIT: lol safe mike

Awfy
28-11-2007, 07:57 PM
So basically it's a TechTuts or Pixel2Life? Fail. They are the two best out there that I know of and they struggle to get the users.

RYANNNNN
28-11-2007, 07:59 PM
@Awfy, obviously you don't browse the net that much if they're the two best you know off.

Zroc
28-11-2007, 08:34 PM
I am willing to help within the design side of web development on the forums, if they are VB.

Send me a PM ;)

Implosion
28-11-2007, 08:48 PM
No, Zroc. Or Darren.
You try to take over everything to your needs :rolleyes:
Your lame skills aren't wanted

craigg.
28-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I was around before Sygon and many other forum members. Anyway, just because someone else has tried, it doesn't mean someone else can't. Sygon didn't do much marketing which is possibly why he didn't have many users. I bet that a few of oldies on this forum would leave and possibly a few newbies too. It depends on the quality of the forum and its standard. Anyway, like I said, I may think about moving into a fresh forum.

redtom
28-11-2007, 09:13 PM
I really like the idea, once you've got the forum up PM me if you need any more help.

Liberation
28-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Sygon maybe have been good, but I have recently lost alot of money to him. But Ryan, good luck on this; your sure to get it going.

Beau
29-11-2007, 07:57 AM
I'll take a look at it. I think it'd be great to get a forum JUST for web design...

chrisgocrazyH
29-11-2007, 09:47 AM
ill join!

GoldenMerc
29-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Where did Sygon ever go :s
Anyways il join ;)

Liberation
29-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Sygon left as he said he "needed a social life", so I was left £xxx down and with no script as a result of him going :P

Implosion
29-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Damn Lib. That's pretty much some sort of theft/scam. :P
I'm signed up but now there's set up work being done. :(

RYANNNNN
29-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Okay, I've got the forum structure sorted out, if a significant amount of people feel something should be added / removed / altered then please suggest it in the suggestions forum when I open the forum.

Also, for the coding section there's gonna be 5-6 main coding languages and then an everything else forum just so it isn't too cluttered.

I've decided to have

PHP
(X)HTML & CSS
Visual Basic
Javascript

and I need 2 more well used languages, please suggest :)

Oni
29-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Actionscript

rh4u
29-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Lingo
:)

vTaz
29-11-2007, 04:50 PM
C++ D;

RYANNNNN
29-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Dytho.com has just launched!

Please sign-up and contribute to what will be a great forum community.

If you have any suggestions please post them in the suggestions and feedback forum.

It may be a little empty now which is why people need to sign up and fill the forum with posts!

Thank you!

Zroc
29-11-2007, 07:00 PM
I am interested in taking a staff role within the forum, moderating the web design section (all part of web development) and to be like the 'admin' of Web Design at Dytho.

I would also be willing to create a section where users can request designers to complete work. If you are interested in taking me on, please send me a PM with further contact information.

d17c
29-11-2007, 07:10 PM
I am interested in taking a staff role within the forum, moderating the web design section (all part of web development) and to be like the 'admin' of Web Design at Dytho.

I would also be willing to create a section where users can request designers to complete work. If you are interested in taking me on, please send me a PM with further contact information.

No one is gonna get an admin status by asking, if you really want to help when the forum launches you'll post helpful stuff etc, then you'll have to chance of becoming an admin.

Yeah...

Zroc
29-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Then I am not interested. If I had time to post on forums 24/7 to develop my status, I would have done it by now.

You take me or leave me. I am a person who gets straight to the point.

Oni
29-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Then I am not interested. If I had time to post on forums 24/7 to develop my status, I would have done it by now.

He said he doesnt want admins already, just leave him alone.

Jõnathan
29-11-2007, 09:11 PM

Oh just GO AWAY Darren.
How many accounts do you have now? 5? 6?
Ryan said that people don't get jobs by asking him - yet you don't even read this and just ask to be an admin.

ScottDiamond.
29-11-2007, 09:45 PM

Go away and stay away. Stop returning in your new accounts. Can't you see you're not wanted?

zeJosh
29-11-2007, 09:57 PM
In other words, Darren wants to run the forum and brag on here about how he can run a web design category, (which he knows nothing on.)

Beau
30-11-2007, 05:21 AM
You're not going to get such a job by asking. I'd pity any site administrator who gives out jobs that require high access to the site's backend (forum mods, admins) without a certain form of trust built first.

Registering now.

Jõnathan
30-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Go away and stay away. Stop returning in your new accounts. Can't you see you're not wanted?
Somehow Scott, I don't think he can.
If he wasn't stupid enough to reveal his identity on every single account, then people wouldn't consider him to be as idiotic as he has been over the past few months.

Oni
30-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Somehow Scott, I don't think he can.
If he wasn't stupid enough to reveal his identity on every single account, then people wouldn't consider him to be as idiotic as he has been over the past few months.
I didnt realise it was him till just now when i read the thread...

zeJosh
30-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Zroc is Darren, Darren believes any template he makes, is the best
and will sell for $500. He made a white template with just "temp" on it
and tried selling it to me for £40

Zroc
30-11-2007, 06:32 PM
My templates may not be templatemonster quality...however they are not that bad.

I do not recall trying to sell you any template, let alone trying to sell you a template for £40 with 'temp' on it.

Jõnathan
30-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Zroc is Darren, Darren believes any template he makes, is the best
and will sell for $500. He made a white template with just "temp" on it
and tried selling it to me for £40

LOL.
If this is true, then... :S

Zroc
30-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Tbh I don't do alot of web design. At the moment I am all over the place. I own www.darrentoogood.com, however nothing much to put on it. I also own www.ihubz.com however that project is not happening at the moment, because no coders. I also own www.splurstudios.com however that just is inactive. I also own the domain www.mmoccmonthly.com however that project was not marketed well, therefore died off.

My main design has been done for a project called 'Fusion', however I am moving into web design (slowly). I would not dream of selling any template of mine for £500, and I would not have tried to sell you a template for £40. I make templates to order, not pre-made.

Oni
30-11-2007, 06:40 PM
...however they are not that bad
Darren thats your opinion which isnt always right. Everyone elses opinion on this forum more or less is they are awful and these are the people that will be viewing them on a day to day basis. *Waits for you to blame it on your hbxf past*

Zroc
30-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I do not re-call people seeing my designs (members here on HxF), seeing as my design has been for 'Fusion' and I am sure none of you have a hard copy of it, however you may have seen the PDF, and if you say that is rubbish then that shows you up, seeing as professional publishers, creative partners and professionals are commenting on the great design.

My web design may not be the best, however I think I am doing ok for my time within the design market. I am taking a break from websites for the next couple of months, however pushing forward my design and photography skills. At the end of the day, if the client is happy with what I produce, that is all I am worried about.

I am currently doing alot of free work to develop my portfolio, such as creating a new sight for the Isle of Wight Car Club.

Oni
30-11-2007, 06:50 PM
I do not re-call people seeing my designs (members here on HxF), seeing as my design has been for 'Fusion' and I am sure none of you have a hard copy of it, however you may have seen the PDF, and if you say that is rubbish then that shows you up, seeing as professional publishers, creative partners and professionals are commenting on the great design.
Get it into your head they are just being nice to you, If you re going to improve you nee to understand that and listen to what others say and think you are right all the time. Take a look at other peoples threads if you say there work isnt that great they dont say 'Yeh but X said its not'. We on Habboxforum are honest, you need to listen.

Invent
30-11-2007, 06:53 PM
But what do we know? Professionals that have old styles stuck in their mind say it's great!

We here on HabboxForum have no idea what we are doing even though we have sold our own layouts for a lot of money!

Zroc
30-11-2007, 06:58 PM
I have great respect for peolpe such as Invent, however I also have great respect for the professionals I work with.

Have you guys even got an of my design examples of which you are referring to?

Oni
30-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Exactly professionals arent neccecarly the best judges, its like with photographs professional look for the good lighting etc but amateurs look at it and say whether its a good photo or not which is in the end all that matters.

Zroc
30-11-2007, 07:04 PM
My photos have been commented to be very good btw, comments from Ex-Head of Art for Getty Images.

Anyway, this topic isn't about me. Further contact about me and my design can be forwarded to [email protected]

Jõnathan
30-11-2007, 07:06 PM
A bit off-topic:
Will the person who was cowardly enough to do this:

http://habboxforum.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifWeb DEVELOPMENT forum (http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=4183685#post4183685)
30-11-2007
06:45 PM
A very negative outlook. Please move on from the past.

reveal themselves, seeing as they aren't 'e-hard' enough to even leave their own username on a negative rep.

Oni
30-11-2007, 07:07 PM
My photos have been commented to be very good btw, comments from Ex-Head of Art for Getty Images.

Anyway, this topic isn't about me. Further contact about me and my design can be forwarded to [email protected]
I guess you didnt actually bother to read my post then...

[Oli]
30-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Exactly professionals arent neccecarly the best judges, its like with photographs professional look for the good lighting etc but amateurs look at it and say whether its a good photo or not which is in the end all that matters.

If you make photos/designs for fun/community use, then yes, if a non-professional sais its nice, you're good.

But if you make these for a portfolio-book to hand in on a job interview, you will meet professionals who will look at your work, so then it might be good to keep advices from pro's in mind.

Oni
30-11-2007, 07:09 PM
;4184614']If you make photos/designs for fun/community use, then yes, if a non-professional sais its nice, you're good.

But if you make these for a portfolio-book to hand in on a job interview, you will meet professionals who will look at your work, so then it might be good to keep advices from pro's in mind.
I agree totally with the Job interview bit but the fact of the matter is he isnt applying for a job as a professional photographer.

Zroc
30-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I agree Oli.

At the moment, I am building a portfolio, so when I come to creating a CV, I can include all my computer experience, my design experience and my photography experience. I will start to write a CV early next year ;)

Jõnathan
30-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I agree Oli.

At the moment, I am building a portfolio, so when I come to creating a CV, I can include all my computer experience, my design experience and my photography experience. I will start to write a CV early next year ;)
How old are you now?
(This is a serious question, as I want to know if the age you have is old enough to start a CV)

Oni
30-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Hes 13 I believe possibly 14

zeJosh
30-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Leave Darren and his stock photos alone:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Zroc
30-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Next year I will be 15 years of age, therefore it is a time for me to start building a CV, with my GCSEs coming up, work experience, trial interviews etc. I have alot of things already to put into a CV, so I think it would be a great idea to start building on it, and perfecting it over the months and adding new things in as and when they arrive.

I leave school within the same month I turn 16, so I will be getting a job as soon as I leave school, prior to college/sixth form.

Edit: Josh, sticking up for me and my photography, wow!

zeJosh
30-11-2007, 07:20 PM
No, I was insulting you.
You use stockphotos then claim them as your own.
:rolleyes:

Darren, You are really 11 years of age as you admitted on msn.

Zroc
30-11-2007, 07:24 PM
What a shambles. All photos I claim as my own, are my own. I own the images 1005 and they have been ALL taken by myself, not bought or ripped.

I still have the un-edited files on the original card if your that interested. I am not 11 years of age.

zeJosh
30-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Yes, post me the card why don't you.

Beau
30-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Err... Take your argument elsewhere. This thread is about Ryan's forum, not some little fight about who's e-penis is longer than someone elses.

Jõnathan
30-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Err... Take your argument elsewhere. This thread is about Ryan's forum, not some little fight about who's e-penis is longer than someone elses.
Unfortunately, Darren asking for an admin job, getting it refused and then saying he'll take his business elsewhere unless he gets a job at Dytho made the thread turn.

zeJosh
30-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Let me give you a poem about darren.

Oh There Is A Kid Called Darren
Who thinks he's the next Aaron
But his designs suck balls
He poo's on his walls
and claims it's professional art
oh what a fart.

Blob
30-11-2007, 07:46 PM
No, I was insulting you.
You use stockphotos then claim them as your own.

Darren, You are really 11 years of age as you admitted on msn.

Oh well. Im 12. Wow.

Ryan you still needing help

Jõnathan
30-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Let me give you a poem about darren.

Oh There Is A Kid Called Darren
Who thinks he's the next Aaron
But his designs suck balls
He poo's on his walls
and claims it's professional art

oh what a fart.

if you hadn't messed up on the first line with the un-needed capitalisation and with the inclusion of the apostrophe in "poos" ... it still wouldn't be funny.

Oni
30-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Oh well. Im 12. Wow.

Ryan you still needing help
Yeh your dont think your amazing at everything and you can take critisizm.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!