PDA

View Full Version : [+28 rep] Cheap Wii's?

Ostinato
28-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Hiya :)

I'm looking to buy a wii and I'm looking for a good package at a reasonable price. Maybe around £200ish?

I know I won't really get one for £200 but like thats just a rough figure! :P

Anyway, a lot of the shops I have looked in (argos, dixons etc.) are either out of stock or only offer quite crappy packages.

So any ideas where I can get quite a good package for a decent price?

Where did you get yours and how much?

(Preferably a package with supergalaxy btw) :)

Cheers

GhostFace-
28-11-2007, 10:58 PM
i say get one online. i noe a few stores that have em but i live in USA.

bo$$
28-11-2007, 11:02 PM
^ What he said. I think that usually online you get better deals as well as what you really want..
If you're not willing to do it online then I guess you're fresh outta luck until the stores near you get em.

You
28-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Hiya :)

I'm looking to buy a wii and I'm looking for a good package at a reasonable price. Maybe around £200ish?

I know I won't really get one for £200 but like thats just a rough figure! :P

Anyway, a lot of the shops I have looked in (argos, dixons etc.) are either out of stock or only offer quite crappy packages.

So any ideas where I can get quite a good package for a decent price?

Where did you get yours and how much?

(Preferably a package with supergalaxy btw) :)

Cheers
Ebay, i got mine for £210 inc postage.

Smiddy
28-11-2007, 11:06 PM
http://www.stocknetwork.co.uk/wii/

Judging by that, they're all out of stock.

Edit: only carphone & eBay. good luck though :P

Ashley
28-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Wait until January sales, it will probably go down.

Ostinato
28-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Ebay, i got mine for £210 inc postage.

What did you get with it?

I'm cool about buying online. That is what I meant btw haha - just need somewhere to get it from! :):p

Aflux
28-11-2007, 11:15 PM
You have 00.01% of getting a Wii for a decent price at this time of year.

Favourtism
28-11-2007, 11:17 PM
I had a wii from launch and sold a few months back for 130 pound. What a bad decision that was.

Bid on ebay and hope for good luck :)

GhostFace-
28-11-2007, 11:24 PM
i got my wii free online so just look around

included
- Wii Remote
- Wii sports
- Nunchuck

Ostinato
28-11-2007, 11:31 PM
You have 00.01% of getting a Wii for a decent price at this time of year.

You know posting that really doesn't help me in any way?! :rolleyes::S

theonlyfun
28-11-2007, 11:40 PM
I'd say use an American Ebay.
GBP is worth more than USD, so you can strike a good price for one.

Hollister
28-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Boxing Day (Duno if they hve it over there in UK) but yeah, wait til after X-Mas and it will be sick deals!

28-11-2007, 11:52 PM
eBay, youll be sure to find a couple decent priced Wii's there.

Neversoft
29-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Basically every shop is now selling them in massive bundles for £350. If you just ask around, and go to the least known places and ask if they have any in stock, you might just be able to get the basic normal package. Console, Remote, Nunchuck and Wii Sports, if you can it will be £179.99. Then you can buy Mario Galaxy after. I haven't seen any bundles with that in yet, although there must be some. Sorry I can't really help.

Aflux
29-11-2007, 07:32 AM
You know posting that really doesn't help me in any way?! :rolleyes::S
Well, yes it does - it saves you time looking for one, which you won't.

You'll manage to get one for around £270/80 with just the basics.

lew!
29-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah, after xmas all the prices drop and everything goes into sales.

http://shop.carphonewarehouse.com/pay-monthly/all/?SEARCH=wii&PURL=carphone.at/stocknetwork&P36=6PJ6N7&CID=0&CTY=8
Buy a phone and get a free wii.

Or buy it off ebay, Or look in the trade-it or your local paper.

Josh-H
29-11-2007, 07:58 AM
You'd be lucky to even get one this time of year, they're going for £300+ on ebay.

Ostinato
29-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Well, yes it does - it saves you time looking for one, which you won't.

You'll manage to get one for around £270/80 with just the basics.

Lol how the hell would you know if I will look or not?

And no actually, I wont be paying £270 as I have already saw some cheaper than that but was just looking for cheaper prices.

No your post was not constructive to this thread in any way. I requested some ideas as to where to get a cheaper wii so posting "SOS U WONT GET 1" doesn't help me at all, it just shows you are clearly a fool.

Neil
29-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Basically every shop is now selling them in massive bundles for £350. If you just ask around, and go to the least known places and ask if they have any in stock, you might just be able to get the basic normal package. Console, Remote, Nunchuck and Wii Sports, if you can it will be £179.99. Then you can buy Mario Galaxy after. I haven't seen any bundles with that in yet, although there must be some. Sorry I can't really help.

My mum got a basic one I think, I don't think it comes with the Nunchuck thing though, it was just the console, the Wiimote, Wii Sports, Ratatouille and Super Mario Galaxy, it probably does have a nunchuck with it she just didn't notice xD

Neversoft
29-11-2007, 04:47 PM
My mum got a basic one I think, I don't think it comes with the Nunchuck thing though, it was just the console, the Wiimote, Wii Sports, Ratatouille and Super Mario Galaxy, it probably does have a nunchuck with it she just didn't notice xD

If it came with Ratatouille and Mario then its a bundle. :P Also, you will have a Nunchuck, its in every package. :D My mum got a basic one for my brother from Asda or Aldi. Something beginning with an A anyway. :S She was lucky to get one really.

kk.
29-11-2007, 04:48 PM
i have to say that i know some people who have been getting them at like £180 with sports etc. then just by the game you wanted...

all i can suggest is to keep looking and whenever you go into a shop that has the slightest possibility that they may supply it, dont be afraid to ask. dont forget supermarkets

skins
29-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Try Play.com amazon or a good site i found was pixmania.com (I think)! Hope that helps!

Neil
29-11-2007, 05:02 PM
If it came with Ratatouille and Mario then its a bundle. :P Also, you will have a Nunchuck, its in every package. :D My mum got a basic one for my brother from Asda or Aldi. Something beginning with an A anyway. :S She was lucky to get one really.

Yea my mum was lucky, she went to GAME to reserve one and the lady at the desk was like "we have them in stock now!" and my mum was like a cloud of dust running to the bank to get some money out xD

Cryptoo
29-11-2007, 05:06 PM
i got mine (last one) at argos for £240 with 2 games nd a remote kit witht he golf stuff and all.
I just had to keep my pc on for alerts on www.wii-consoles.co.uk (http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk) they keep in-stock alerts (with wii sports also)

Neversoft
29-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Yea my mum was lucky, she went to GAME to reserve one and the lady at the desk was like "we have them in stock now!" and my mum was like a cloud of dust running to the bank to get some money out xD

Lol, no where was doing reserves when my mum was after one. It was first come first serve everywhere! She said she'd been looking for one for so long that she nearly fainted when they said they had them in stock. :P

You
29-11-2007, 05:11 PM
I just got the basic stuff, Wii, Controll, Nunchuck and sports.

SUPERhanna.
29-11-2007, 05:13 PM
There is a shop in Wigan called game station, they have them new for about £210 or pre-owned for about £150

Neil
29-11-2007, 05:39 PM
There is a shop in Wigan called game station, they have them new for about £210 or pre-owned for about £150

The GameStation here are trying to get them out for like £300 xD

SUPERhanna.
29-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Your game station suck then :)

Recursion
02-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Just wait until after christmas as they are all sold out at the moment, so shops can get away with selling them at rediculous prices.

Alan_Carr
02-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Look online, as most people said.
Then again, if you want it for xmas, i doubt you'll get one, as its nearing christmas, and most places will sell out.
I recommend searching online, and if in doubt, EBAY IT <3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!