PDA

View Full Version : 360 or Wii

29-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Which one should I get.
I could get either one for christmas.
I was positive to get a 360, but then I've been looking at the games and stuff for the Wii, and I'm really starting to lean towards it.
Not really sure which to get.
Which one?

Neversoft
29-11-2007, 12:44 AM
My advice - Make up your own mind.

We don't know what you want or what you're in to, only you do. And to be honest, you're just going to get replies from biased Nintendo/Microsoft fans. :P

29-11-2007, 12:46 AM
True, I just want people to give me some pros and cons of both systems. That will help me make up my decision. Its not like if one HxF person tells me to get one of them, Ill leave right now to go get it. xD
Thnks though.

Neversoft
29-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Oh, ok.

Well, pros for the Wii.
Free online.
Internet and Wifi work fine.
Download games from the NES, SNES, TurboGrafx, Mega Drive and Nintendo 64.
Loads of channels to check out and have fun with.
A new way to play games.
It's cheap.

Cons:
You'll never get one by christmas now.
Very few online games.

Dunno about the 360 since I don't own one.

29-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Oh, ok.

Well, pros for the Wii.
Free online.
Internet and Wifi work fine.
Download games from the NES, SNES, TurboGrafx, Mega Drive and Nintendo 64.
Loads of channels to check out and have fun with.
A new way of playing games.
A selection of childrens - adult games.
It's cheap.

Cons:
You'll never get one by christmas now.
Very few online games.

Dunno about the 360 since I don't own one.
Ok thanks, I'll probably talk to a couple of my friends tomorrow, one has a
Wii and loads have 360's :P . I could probably get one by christmas. More in stock here in america :D

hopefully xD

Neversoft
29-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Ahh, didn't know you lived in America. Might be different over there then. :P Although isnt there a shortage everywhere?

29-11-2007, 01:21 AM
Uhm, not sure. I was looking around on the net of popular gaming stores here, plenty in stock in a couple places.

GhostFace-
29-11-2007, 03:01 AM
mmk i got both.

if your active get a wii.
if your lazy get a 360

if you wonna play with your friends online get a 360
if you wonna invite ur friends to your house get a wii

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

wii is more slim and stuff
360 is kinds bulky.

also 360 has more variety of games
wii doesnt have much games and ive only sen like 3 rated M Games

360 Has GOOD GRAFIX
Wii Grafix are funny. :)

umm idk wot else to say.

o and if ur getting a 360. your probaly going to want to get xbox live. and for that u gotta have your comp near your xbox or else u can get a wireless addapter ( wireless adapter is like $100 )

29-11-2007, 03:10 AM
mmk i got both.

if your lazy get a 360

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

360 is kinds bulky.

360 Has GOOD GRAFIX

umm idk wot else to say.

o and if ur getting a 360. your probaly going to want to get xbox live. and for that u gotta have your comp near your xbox or else u can get a wireless addapter ( wireless adapter is like $100 )

Thanks for that, I'd give you rep but it says I gotta spread :P

GhostFace-
29-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Thanks for that, I'd give you rep but it says I gotta spread :P

dont worry.
just helpin a friend :)

29-11-2007, 03:15 AM
dont worry.
just helpin a friend :)

:P
I just have one more q
If you could only get one of them. Or keep one of them. Which one would you keep?

GhostFace-
29-11-2007, 03:16 AM
:P
I just have one more q
If you could only get one of them. Or keep one of them. Which one would you keep?

wii

only because i havent hooked up xbox live yet :)

29-11-2007, 03:27 AM
Lol ok, thanks for all your help :D

GhostFace-
29-11-2007, 03:29 AM
no problem

Nemo
29-11-2007, 10:27 AM
mmk i got both.

if your lazy get a 360

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

360 is kinds bulky.

360 Has GOOD GRAFIX

umm idk wot else to say.

Argh, i hate posts like these. You dont have to be active to play a wii. i ly down and play all my games. Also just because there is a rating on a game, doesnt make it any less good? Also there are many games that are above 3... Also you forgot to say the wii's gameplay is great but the xbox's is standard controller stuff.

imo wii, but i own 1 but have played xbox 360 many times

Neil
29-11-2007, 10:46 AM
I think you should get a 360 first, the Wii is fun looking and all but I know alot of people who just got bored of there Wiis, it's like you need to buy a new game very often, some games may hold you for a while like Zelda and Mario Galaxy but I donno how long for
At least with a 360 you can play online with most of the games, with the Wii it's only Mario Strikers and that Endless Ocean thing which just looks pointless, so it'd be best to get a 360 first, wait a bit and maybe if you earn money you could buy a Wii later in the year, because it's pretty much impossible to get hold of one now anyway, my mum was very lucky to go to GAME when they just got like 20 more in stock

Neversoft
29-11-2007, 03:32 PM

Having mature games isnt a variety. ;) I'd say the Wii has more of a variety. It has something for everyone.

360 Has GOOD GRAFIX

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/10/wss10.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l188/Neversoft13/DDC1.png

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l188/Neversoft13/DDC2.png

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/10878.html

Wish people would stop underestimating the Wii's graphics. You haven't seen anything yet.

Neil
29-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Having mature games isnt a variety. ;) I'd say the Wii has more of a variety. It has something for everyone.

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/10/wss10.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l188/Neversoft13/DDC1.png

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l188/Neversoft13/DDC2.png

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/10878.html

Wish people would stop underestimating the Wii's graphics. You haven't seen anything yet.

That game looks immense! And that is one awesome sword o.o

Neversoft
29-11-2007, 04:26 PM
That game looks immense! And that is one awesome sword o.o

The first image is of Monster Hunter 3. The other two are of Disaster: Day of Crisis. They both look awesome, but I'm really looking forward to Monster Hunter! :D It was originally suppost to be for the PS3, but now it's Wii exclusive.

Neil
29-11-2007, 04:40 PM
The first image is of Monster Hunter 3. The other two are of Disaster: Day of Crisis. They both look awesome, but I'm really looking forward to Monster Hunter! :D It was originally suppost to be for the PS3, but now it's Wii exclusive.

I am not a huge monster hunter fan, although the only one I ever played was the PSP one and that was boring
Disaster: Day of Crisis looks so awesome though o.o
Now Nintendo are showing us what they can do with there console :P

jesus
29-11-2007, 04:55 PM
get a 360

PaulMacC
29-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Nintendo Wii is really fun.
And the novelty effect DOESNT wear off.
Not if you buy decent games like Galaxy, Zelda and prime.
Everyone who says it's novelty effect wears off are 360/PS3 fanboys.

Wii FTW.

Azul
29-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Get a 360, you get more out of it. We have a Wii and 360 in this house and the Wii is just collecting dust downstairs in the front room.

If you're looking for a great online experience, get a 360. If you're not bothered about multi get a Wii I supose.

But that is an opinion coming from somebody who doesn't think much to the Wii's 'innovative' controller system thing. I'd rather just sit a play with my console, forget the standing and waving your hands around like a loon.

30-11-2007, 12:05 AM
I think you should get a 360 first, the Wii is fun looking and all but I know alot of people who just got bored of there Wiis, it's like you need to buy a new game very often, some games may hold you for a while like Zelda and Mario Galaxy but I donno how long for
At least with a 360 you can play online with most of the games, with the Wii it's only Mario Strikers and that Endless Ocean thing which just looks pointless, so it'd be best to get a 360 first, wait a bit and maybe if you earn money you could buy a Wii later in the year, because it's pretty much impossible to get hold of one now anyway, my mum was very lucky to go to GAME when they just got like 20 more in stockThanks for the help

Get a 360, you get more out of it. We have a Wii and 360 in this house and the Wii is just collecting dust downstairs in the front room.

If you're looking for a great online experience, get a 360. If you're not bothered about multi get a Wii I supose.

But that is an opinion coming from somebody who doesn't think much to the Wii's 'innovative' controller system thing. I'd rather just sit a play with my console, forget the standing and waving your hands around like a loon.
Thanks for comparing them.

I think I'll get a 360 for christmas, then get a Wii in July for my birthday if I sitll want it.
Thanks for all the help guys.

-Wolverine
30-11-2007, 12:39 AM
360, much more fun in my opinion.

30-11-2007, 12:41 AM
K, thanks wolverine

-Wolverine
30-11-2007, 12:42 AM
If your willing to spend 60-70$ (not sure how much it is in the US) for Xbox Live then definately get 360.
K, thanks wolverine

30-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Istn there a coupel types of Live? I thought like Silver or something was free.

BowTies1
30-11-2007, 10:43 AM
silver only allows you to talk to people online not play

ColyTom
30-11-2007, 11:27 AM
I think that you should go for the Wii.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!