PDA

View Full Version : [Flash/PHP] Arcade

redtom
29-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Well I want to grab the scores from a game some one has just played with PHP, but I'm unsure how to do this with any game what has highscores, so can any one help?

Basicly I'm creating an arcade where admins can add games, now I can do this bit but next I want highscores, I can display and all that but I don't know how to grab the actual score from the game and so it works with any game what has high scores once it's finished, I've seen this done on things like thunder arcade and the Vb & IPB arcades.

Can any one help?

MrCraig
30-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Erm.. I think you'd have to get the flash game to enter the scores into a database, then use a mysql_fetch_array to display them in a table in your php page.

Hitman
30-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Like Cj said, it must be something to do with the game, is there anything like $_GET['score'] or anything?

Luckyrare
30-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Best place to start is to print_r $_POST to see what vars you are working with.

From that you can begin to log and save the data.

Hope that helps

Beau
30-11-2007, 07:35 PM
It'd be a challenging system to code. I know vBArcade (or whatever it's called) makes you set an amount of options relating to the scoring of each individual game (whether aim of the game is to get a low score or high score etc).

redtom
30-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Hmmm.. I'll see if I can contact the guy who made thunderarcade and see how he did it I remember you just had to enter the URL of your site and the arcade would get the scores for any game you have put in the arcade, instead o having to do it custom for each game.

Luckyrare
30-11-2007, 08:15 PM
If you use the games from a arcade system then they will all follow the same format.

I have played with it before and got the score to show

Mr Macro
03-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Erm.. I think you'd have to get the flash game to enter the scores into a database, then use a mysql_fetch_array to display them in a table in your php page.

Who said anything about MySQL ?

You would need to have a PHP capable database, and echo out the top say 10 high scores. Although, as Cj555 says, MySQL would be the best option.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!