PDA

View Full Version : The Traxfactor!

Jordy
30-11-2007, 05:17 PM
http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/41-get-ready-for-the-traxfactor
http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/40-meet-the-traxfactor-judges

The hunt is on for the greatest Traxmachine based musical talent in Habbo. There is a role for everyone to play and great prizes!
Over the next three weeks we will be searching for leading Record Labels on Habbo based on the quality of their promotional activity, their organisation and of course the artists that sign for them and the quality of the music that they produce on the Traxmachine.

How It Works
The Record Labels will be going head to head with each other by submitting the name and the song of the individual Habbo artist that they have signed. The community will then vote for their favourite artists based on who they think should win a place in the grand final.
The role of the Record Label, aside from submitting their artists information, is to ensure the community knows about their artist, has heard their music and will give them their vote. This will require many different key departments working together within the Habbo Record Label. Don't worry though, we have loads of useful information coming your way over the first week to get you on the road to stardom so relax for now and soak in the great tips we will be providing you with during the first week.

Get The Latest Info.
We will provide you with detailed information about the competition so that everyone is full of great ideas before the competition really starts to heat up!
-> Starting Out (Friday 30th November)
-> Organisation (Monday 3rd December)
-> Promotional Activity (Monday 3rd December)
-> Artist Management (Wednesday 5th December)
Once all the steps have been explained, you will have all the knowledge you need to get stuck into the competition, sign your artist(s), impress our real life judging panel (http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/40-meet-the-traxfactor-judges), win some quality prizes and of course be crowned the Traxfactor Champion!

Starting Out
To get your Traxfactor campaign up and running, the first thing that you will need to do is create (or be a part of) a Habbo Record Label. This can be created by setting up a network of rooms such as the reception, recording room, press office, night club and celebrity lounge - among other things!
It's completely up to you how your Record Label looks and feels. Be creative, be clever and have fun! You should start construction now ahead of Monday 3rd December.

Executive Furni
To help you create your Habbo Record Label, we have introduced the Executive Range of Furni which can be found inside the Traxfactor section of your Habbo Catalogue. Please note that this range is only available during the three week competition.
Meet the judges >> (http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/40-meet-the-traxfactor-judges)
Lost_Witness

The biggest music competition in Habbo history will be judged by members of a record label and the singer of a top band.
We have some short introductions outlining the roles and job specs of each judge below, so find out who holds your destiny in their hands!
Have YOU got the Traxfactor? (http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/41-get-ready-for-the-traxfactor)
These guys decide!

Mercury Music Group
One of the UK's biggest and most successful record labels. A part of the Universal Music Group, Mercury is home to world class artists as diverse as U2, Razorlight, The Killers, Rihanna, Kanye West, Jay Z, Elton John and Metallica. As well as these established acts, the label is a trailblazer for some of the most exciting new artists emerging from the UK, with recent successes and soon to be huge artists including Amy Macdonald, One Night Only, Joe Lean & The Jing Jang Jong and Aynzli Jones.

Clive Cawley
Digital Marketing Manager
Mercury Music Group
Job Spec: To oversee all digital activity within Mercury Music Group from website conception to commercial opportunities and the over all marketing strategy for Digital within the label. I have been a Senior product Manager previously looking after such artists as The Killers, Arcade Fire, Metallica, Ryan Adams, Paul McCartney and Bon Jovi and have brought my physical marketing experience across into the digital world to integrate the two areas.

Vicky Harnetty
Digital Campaign Manager
Mercury Music Group
Job Spec: Responsible for managing the Digital Campaigns for all acts signed to Mercury, primarily those signed in the UK. This covers the freshly signed breaking acts and the more established artists who already have a catalogue of releases. My involvement includes generating and maintaining the artist database, all social networking activity and promotions and using digital innovation and new services to put our acts on the map.

Jonny Simon
A and R Manager
Mercury Music Group
Job is twofold - to maintain and develop the artists I have signed to the label(making records, managing budgets) and also, all the while, continuing to search for new talent!
Keys to success: constant desire to keeping up with any new info which requires a huge amount of networking (agents, lawyers, publishers, promoters) and a genuine passion for contemporary music. The feeling you get as a punter in hearing a new band you like is the exact same feeling I get when I see that same band two years previous when they are unsigned. I am just lucky to have the opportunity of being part of the process.
Finding bands: again through networking (agents etc see above) but over the last two years obviously myspace and other online engines have become very important to my everyday search.
Develop artist: there is no single answer as it depends on the artist that I deal with but there is no substitute for live work. With regards to recording, it's important to have the band working with the correct producer. It's not just about what matches them sonically but who fits their personalities and songwriting tendencies.

George Craig
One Night Only
George Craig is the singer and lead guitarist from One Night Only. George joined the band when he was just 12 and they all began 'making noise' in their hometown of Helmsley. In October 2006, Steve Lamacq began spinning the demo of 'You And Me', prompting George and the rest of the band to knuckle down, write some songs and start taking themselves seriously. In March 2007, the band became subject of a fierce A&R battle and George, still only 16, dropped out of school to pursue his dreams and went on to sign to Vertigo, home of Razorlight and The Killers. They've spent the past year touring with the likes of The Enemy and The Pigeon Detectives and are about to release their highly anticipated debut album 'Started A Fire' on the 4th February 2008.

Traxfactor competition details >> (http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/41-get-ready-for-the-traxfactor)
Lost_WitnessJust reloading to see the new furni!

I wonder where they got the name for the competition from..?

TopManTim
30-11-2007, 05:24 PM
ew

i hate trax

Fifteen
30-11-2007, 05:24 PM
oo juicy, nice find.
:) +Rep

le harry
30-11-2007, 05:25 PM
nice find, rep when I can :)

Kyle
30-11-2007, 05:29 PM
does it even have anythin to do with trax??

its just an excuse to give out those bronze, silver and gold trax badges tbh

what a lame comp

it doesnt even tell u the prize, dont you just hate it when they do more than one comp together, you want to enter one, but you want to enter the other too, and if you enter both, the quality of your competition entry lowers.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!

Blissa
30-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Wow Habbo are doing a lot recently. ;) Go them!

le harry
30-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Is this a group comp..? Or do you have to make the rooms by yourself. I only rly skimmed the article.

Alan_Carr
30-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Wonder how much habbo paid them to become judges :P

tully4leanne.
30-11-2007, 08:00 PM
LOOL & the name its flippin wicked.... Traxfactor... :P

headboard
30-11-2007, 08:01 PM
This is gonna be cool!

Shawnstra
01-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Nice find :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!