PDA

View Full Version : DiskDock

timROGERS
01-12-2007, 05:43 PM
DiskDock is the CD management system that I am going to start work on very soon :) The idea of the project is to make a free, open source CD management script in PHP that will work well for anyone. Currently there are no web based CD managers that I can find. The plan is that DiskDock can either be downloaded and run locally or run using a free service.

Features

Run from a MySQL database
Simple adding of new CDs as you buy them
Easy CD editing
Clean and clear full CSS look
JavaScript effects and AJAX for a more fluid interface
Automatically generated printouts (for example list of albums owned)
Connectivity with LastFM for album/artist/song statistics, recommendations and much, much more
RSS feeds
No need to imput track information and find album art - all this information is loaded automatically!

Please discuss the script in this thread. If you'd like to make suggestions, please do so I can improve the project.

Jõnathan
01-12-2007, 05:48 PM
DiskDock is the CD management system that I am going to start work on very soon :) The idea of the project is to make a free, open source CD management script in PHP that will work well for anyone. Currently there are no web based CD managers that I can find. The plan is that DiskDock can either be downloaded and run locally or run using a free service.

Features

Run from a MySQL database
Simple adding of new CDs as you buy them
Easy CD editing
Clean and clear full CSS look
JavaScript effects and AJAX for a more fluid interface
Automatically generated printouts (for example list of albums owned)
Connectivity with LastFM for album/artist/song statistics, recommendations and much, much more
RSS feeds
No need to imput track information and find album art - all this information is loaded automatically!
Please discuss the script in this thread. If you'd like to make suggestions, please do so I can improve the project.
Will this be like iTunes only with a more user-friendly GUI?

timROGERS
01-12-2007, 05:51 PM
It's in PHP, and it's not a music player. It's just a manager for your CD collection so you can keep track of it :)

Jõnathan
01-12-2007, 05:53 PM
It's in PHP, and it's not a music player. It's just a manager for your CD collection so you can keep track of it :)
What I meant was that will it be like iTunes only without the music player and the iTunes store function?
I think that you've already answered the question with that response you've given :P

Dentafrice,
01-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Nice, it sounds like it will be great.

If you need any help feel free to PM me :)

Tomm
01-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Nice idea, go on MSN please I want to talk to you about it ^^

Jõnathan
01-12-2007, 05:57 PM
There was a program like this for a game, but I've forgot the site.

Dentafrice,
01-12-2007, 06:02 PM
You may be thinking of World of Warcraft?
There was a MOD you downloaded that kept track of your items etc that uploaded to a database.

Jõnathan
01-12-2007, 06:04 PM
You may be thinking of World of Warcraft?
There was a MOD you downloaded that kept track of your items etc that uploaded to a database.
Urghhh not World Of Warcraft!
It was for this game called PerplexCity, but the domain expired.
www.perplexcitycardmanager.com

timROGERS
02-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Development has now begun :) Me and Tomm are working via an SVN server in collaboration. Not much is done so far - currently I am working on the LastFM data fetching.

Chippiewill
02-12-2007, 04:23 PM
If its music management then it should be able to play music, not very hard to let it play music

timROGERS
02-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Although it's not hard to have music playing, that's not the point anyway. For it to play music, you'd have to upload music, which defeats the point.

MrCraig
02-12-2007, 05:13 PM
surely you could just do something which will point to the file location on your computer?

Then for the people who want to play music while using it, it will be easy to do and no uploading neccesary.

And for the people who dont, it tells them where the file is located.

lolwut
02-12-2007, 05:13 PM
seems like a good thing to have.
looking forward to demo.

Zroc
02-12-2007, 05:46 PM
PM sent to you ;)

I look forward to seeing your reply.

Mr Macro
04-12-2007, 08:12 PM
surely you could just do something which will point to the file location on your computer?

Then for the people who want to play music while using it, it will be easy to do and no uploading neccesary.

And for the people who dont, it tells them where the file is located.

Wouldn't work in PHP. It could be done with C++ or VB etc etc of which i could make, but i'm not going to rip off the idea.

MrCraig
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Um, i fail to see how it wouldnt work in php..

Just do an object and set the value to the file url?

Dentafrice,
07-12-2007, 11:35 PM
It would work.. but only for you to listen to music.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!