PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed

Ashley
02-12-2007, 06:45 PM
What are your views on the game?
I saw the adverts for it and it seemed pretty cool but the game play is usually much different from what they advertise.

Neil
02-12-2007, 06:59 PM
It's good but not exactly what we were lead up to believe it was, a few features Jade was telling us about hardly appeared in the game at all, crowd isn't as good as she said it would be, making blockades is impossible, the most you can do is throw people into market stalls and that doesn't do anything but make a platform
The story was stupid but may turn out better in the next game
Any awards this game deserves would be "Best Action 07" or "Best Sandbox 07" but this year the best sandbox in my opinion would be Crackdown so it might not even get that

sock
02-12-2007, 07:20 PM
its alright, I am getting a bit bored of it though tbh.

Minstrels
02-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I completed it about three days after I got it (on release date) and I cba going back on it to get all the flags and everything because it's just so DULL! It really does get boring.

Jord
02-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Im around half way throught it Its an allright game I would give it 4/5

jesus
02-12-2007, 11:58 PM
the graphics look immense

xzl.
03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
its alright although the ending isnt that good
confusing storyline
but graphics and gameplay is great.
although it could have a bit more action though

Fez
03-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Dissapointment of the year imo

Technologic
03-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Dissapointment of the year imo
Agreed.

Plot is stupid

Graphics are immesne and the fact you can climb anything is good but the plot is awful

Neil
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Agreed.

Plot is stupid

Graphics are immesne and the fact you can climb anything is good but the plot is awful

I agree the plot is stupid but you have got to remember this is only the first of 3 games, not once did they ever actually say that the plot would be something like picking up jobs, taking out the targets, if you think about it with the story it has now it makes you wanna play more to see what happens, if they made it something like what many people expected (you only play as Altair and all you do is assassinate targets) then you'd be bored alot quicker because it'll be repetitive
The fact you wasn't expecting there to be a futuristic side to the game is what you don't like about it, which would tell me you're one of those people that hates surprises, we'll see what they do with the next game, they know more than us at the moment so I wouldn't start doubting them yet

skins
06-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Im borrowing it atm, but tbh i think its awesome but if i owned it i would probably get bored of it.
And dam are the cutscenes way too long!

Fez
06-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Im borrowing it atm, but tbh i think its awesome but if i owned it i would probably get bored of it.
And dam are the cutscenes way too long!
You do go back to it from time to time to do combat and freerunning is just amazing.

Neil
06-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Bit of info on the next game below
Don't quote if you don't wanna know

The next game is going to be set in 2012, no Altair but Desmond apparently has his abilitys

Fez
06-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Bit of info on the next game below
Don't quote if you don't wanna know

The next game is going to be set in 2012, no Altair but Desmond apparently has his abilitys
Nice, so I think we're gonna

escape Abstergo and hunt the treasures before they do? Lucy was a Assassin Member so mabye she helps us out?

Neil
06-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Nice, so I think we're gonna

escape Abstergo and hunt the treasures before they do? Lucy was a Assassin Member so mabye she helps us out?

I would assume it's something along them lines, the magazine didn't give much in the way of detail, Ubisoft are keeping it to themselves again and the numbers on the walls didn't give much, but I think it has something to do with the Mayan prediction of the end of the world because the game is set 3 months before that's meant to happen

Fez
06-12-2007, 06:18 PM
I would assume it's something along them lines, the magazine didn't give much in the way of detail, Ubisoft are keeping it to themselves again and the numbers on the walls didn't give much, but I think it has something to do with the Mayan prediction of the end of the world because the game is set 3 months before that's meant to happen

Yeah I noticed that, I think the chalice in the middle is a sort of satiliette. One thing wasn't explained though, was the artifact some sort of magic or technology or something?

Neil
06-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah I noticed that, I think the chalice in the middle is a sort of satiliette. One thing wasn't explained though, was the artifact some sort of magic or technology or something?

The orb looked sort of like a very advanced piece of technology and the Mayans were meant to be very technologically advanced for the time they were around so it could (obviously) be some fictional device they created

reindeer.
06-12-2007, 06:28 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!