PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] You mustnt phone yourself.

Calisse
05-12-2007, 10:11 PM
K I got banned the other day.

The reason?

I told my friend his phone number.

We were in an otherwise empty room, whispering.

Him: I have a new phone I dunno if you have my new number
Me: Is it xxxxx xxxxxxx ?
Him: yeah. lol

The ban reason says 'Giving out personal information'

Er, i didnt give out any personal information, he already knew... and it was HIS phone number??

And aside from all of that, the ban is for [B]8 years.

05-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Just be patient, 8 years will go by pretty fast.

GhostFace-
05-12-2007, 10:15 PM

lol

Appeal to it.

jesus
05-12-2007, 10:15 PM

The reason?

Er, i didnt give out any personal information, he already knew... and it was HIS phone number??

And aside from all of that, the ban is for [B]8 years.email habbo explaining you were good friends and he had the number already, he was just confirming it so you werent giving any personal information out.

also if it was just you two and you were whispering, perhaps he reported you coz theres nobody else who could have :S

Redmoon Evil
05-12-2007, 10:17 PM

The reason?

And aside from all of that, the ban is for [B]8 years.

count yourself lucky they could of done some crazy **** on your *** and gave you 9 years

Calisse
05-12-2007, 10:18 PM
No he didnt report me, it was almost instant. He got a message from moderator saying he'd been banned too, but when he clicked 'ok' it didnt log him out, and his accounts fine lol.

I think the mod systems changed, because it was so fast.

Anyway, I sent them an email saying I knew him IRL and i already had his phone number and wth was going on, and they replied...

Hi Habbo,

Thank you for your email.

Any Habbo account that is seen offering, sharing, asking for or giving out personal information on Habbo is banned.

Personal information includes, telephone numbers, addresses, email, birth dates and full names. If you give out this information on Habbo you will be banned.

The reason we ban users for giving out personal information is because it can be extremely dangerous. There is no way of knowing that the person you are chatting with is really who they say they are. It is very easy for another user to lie about their identity and no matter how long you have known them or how much you trust them you should NEVER tell them ANY personal information. The Habbo console is the perfect way to keep in contact with your Habbo friends and it does not require any personal details to be shared.

If you see another Habbo user giving out personal information or another Habbo user asks you for personal information you should use the call for help immediately and a member of our Moderation team will come to assess the situation.

Please remember that if another user asks "asl" or reveals their "asl" this is deemed to be acceptable on Habbo Hotel as long as they do NOT go into any further details about themselves.

Yours,
0rca

lol, 9 years. x]

jesus
05-12-2007, 10:29 PM
No he didnt report me, it was almost instant. He got a message from moderator saying he'd been banned too, but when he clicked 'ok' it didnt log him out, and his accounts fine lol.

I think the mod systems changed, because it was so fast.

Anyway, I sent them an email saying I knew him IRL and i already had his phone number and wth was going on, and they replied...

Hi Habbo,

Thank you for your email.

Any Habbo account that is seen offering, sharing, asking for or giving out personal information on Habbo is banned.

Personal information includes, telephone numbers, addresses, email, birth dates and full names. If you give out this information on Habbo you will be banned.

The reason we ban users for giving out personal information is because it can be extremely dangerous. There is no way of knowing that the person you are chatting with is really who they say they are. It is very easy for another user to lie about their identity and no matter how long you have known them or how much you trust them you should NEVER tell them ANY personal information. The Habbo console is the perfect way to keep in contact with your Habbo friends and it does not require any personal details to be shared.

If you see another Habbo user giving out personal information or another Habbo user asks you for personal information you should use the call for help immediately and a member of our Moderation team will come to assess the situation.

Please remember that if another user asks "asl" or reveals their "asl" this is deemed to be acceptable on Habbo Hotel as long as they do NOT go into any further details about themselves.

Yours,
0rca

lol, 9 years. x]reply to that email with what i said and you'll get a hand-typed reply as opposed to that auto-reply

and they will look into it for you then

Calisse
05-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I already replied, so we will see. Its been a few days.

Tbh
05-12-2007, 10:42 PM
do what i did and get someone to email them pretending to be your mum :)
got me out of a perm ban ;)

jesus
05-12-2007, 10:45 PM
do what i did and get someone to email them pretending to be your mum :)
got me out of a perm ban ;)they know that people do that, they arent stupid :]

doesnt always work but it mite sometimes

Jordy
05-12-2007, 10:45 PM
How should a Moderator know that? He's told to ban people for phone numbers not research their life story and see if they're friends. He perms you which is fine, understandable and usual, then Player Support should trawl through your life story and unban you, it's not the MODs fault.

However I do think PS should give you another chance as if they look in detail at the chat logs they'll hopefully see your friends, and they tend to give second chances anyway ;)

Good luck.

Calisse
05-12-2007, 10:59 PM
they know that people do that, they arent stupid :]

doesnt always work but it mite sometimes

on the habbo help tool, it now says under tips for getting a response or something like that

''be yourself.

don't pretend to be your parent, just be yourself and we might give you a second chance''

Shawnstra
06-12-2007, 12:53 AM
I'd go with appealing for the ban, worth a try :)

MrGazet
06-12-2007, 01:20 AM
:S 8 years.yeah try to appeal good luck :)

Minstrels
06-12-2007, 07:08 AM
I can kind of see why you did get banned because the person you gave the number too could have been hacked and it wasn't him on the account it was someone else. Then again it does seem rather unfair I think they should give you a second chance...

Samishlol
06-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Someone must of reported you as habbo wouldn't of known otherwise

John!
06-12-2007, 07:22 AM
I can kind of see why you did get banned because the person you gave the number too could have been hacked and it wasn't him on the account it was someone else. Then again it does seem rather unfair I think they should give you a second chance...

Doesn't make sense. How would the hacker know the hacked persons phone number. Even if there was a hacker it wouldn't have put the other person in any danger unless she then gave out personal info.

Minstrels
06-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Doesn't make sense. How would the hacker know the hacked persons phone number. Even if there was a hacker it wouldn't have put the other person in any danger unless she then gave out personal info.
I don't think you understand what I mean, I was saying even if it was the persons own phone number she was giving it them the person she was giving it too could have been a hacker thus finding out someones number.

Samishlol
06-12-2007, 07:29 AM
I don't think you understand what I mean, I was saying even if it was the persons own phone number she was giving it them the person she was giving it too could have been a hacker thus finding out someones number.

I see your point.

Minstrels
06-12-2007, 07:49 AM
I see your point.
Thank you. :)

John!
06-12-2007, 08:00 AM

Oh, I get you now you mean if Calisse had been hacked.

@xP
06-12-2007, 08:05 AM

shh read up.

Good luck on getting unbanned.

Elliott$
06-12-2007, 10:20 AM
email habbo explaining you were good friends and he had the number already, he was just confirming it so you werent giving any personal information out.

also if it was just you two and you were whispering, perhaps he reported you coz theres nobody else who could have :S

mods can, I think monitor rooms

Anyway MODs make these mistakes everyday, so just appeal via the HHT, they always reply aslong as you reply to the automated email first.

Calisse
06-12-2007, 01:15 PM
I already replied to the automated email and no response. yawn.

I posted this because I thought my ban was funny, hehe. 8 years. :]

BlueEyedSarah
06-12-2007, 01:24 PM
:rolleyes: Habbo monitors EVERYTHING people chat about, even if it is whispering, they have chat logs of every conversation.

nm-nm
06-12-2007, 01:37 PM

But I think you shouldn't actually be banned for giving out personal details because you get banned AFTER giving them out, so it's not as if banning tha Habbo that gave it out will make the peron who the number was given to forget it or sommat? They'll still have the number and that habbo will be banned
It's up to yourself whther you give out the details. No-one makes you, so you shouldn't be banned if chosen to do so.

Cryptoo
06-12-2007, 02:18 PM
It may not be your personal information, but it is someone elses and its personal information non the less.

Calisse
06-12-2007, 02:53 PM
But the reason your banned for giving out personal information is that it is potentially unsafe.

I did not give out any information. It was information he already had. About himself.

Minstrels
06-12-2007, 03:17 PM
But the reason your banned for giving out personal information is that it is potentially unsafe.

I did not give out any information. It was information he already had. About himself.
Well you know my theory to why this may be incorrect and equaling a ban.

Soka
07-12-2007, 08:33 PM
i'd just like to say that this means your good friend most likely reported you :P
because i doubt a mod would have being watching that exact room you and him/her were whispering in

explain whole story via help tool, try and get 0rca to read as she treats each ban case genuinely

--ss--
07-12-2007, 08:47 PM
email habbo explaining you were good friends and he had the number already, he was just confirming it so you werent giving any personal information out.

I'm pretty sure George/TheAllSeeingEye picksup on things like this so there is no need to report

Unlucky I hope you get un-banned , Also aren't/weren't perm bans 11 years before? :O

Qamp
07-12-2007, 08:54 PM
He probably reported you. :(

Glen Coco
11-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Something like this has happened to me before.
I was in a room with like 2 other people who i talk to like everyday.
We were talking about Bebo and MSN ( not our own) and nobody reported us because well... we wouldnt report orselves would we??
and i got banned fo giving out personal info.
just shows the mods dont read the chat logs all the time.

Shrile
22-12-2007, 06:09 PM

Hahahahahhahaah
That made me LOL
+REP

Minstrels
22-12-2007, 06:15 PM
But I think you shouldn't actually be banned for giving out personal details because you get banned AFTER giving them out, so it's not as if banning tha Habbo that gave it out will make the peron who the number was given to forget it or sommat? They'll still have the number and that habbo will be banned
It's up to yourself whther you give out the details. No-one makes you, so you shouldn't be banned if chosen to do so.
Stops them doing it a second time. ;)

Antony
22-12-2007, 06:15 PM

they have mods who monitor rooms with 1-2 people in using their George system, so it could have been a mod monitoring it

albal
23-12-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm pretty sure George/TheAllSeeingEye picksup on things like this so there is no need to report

Unlucky I hope you get un-banned , Also aren't/weren't perm bans 11 years before? :O

Yea I think they were.

Also now, if you scam someone you only get banned for 30 days..

I don't really see how they can ban you for 8 years for giving someone their phone number but only 30 days for scamming :/

Chippiewill
31-12-2007, 11:47 PM

Goto the habbo offices with your freind and rip out the plugs to the server, thatll pay them to punish you for giving away personal info

or you could just obey habbo rules, they actually have filters that pull up suspicious text for mods to look through briefly. Like Echelon

Ardemax
01-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Follow the rules? Who would of though.

1m=a=c1
01-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Follow the rules? Who would of though. lols, me!

anyway, good luck with getting unbanned.
8 years :eusa_wall

remember to tell us how u went

Antony
01-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Goto the habbo offices with your freind and rip out the plugs to the server, thatll pay them to punish you for giving away personal info

or you could just obey habbo rules, they actually have filters that pull up suspicious text for mods to look through briefly. Like Echelon

It would help if the servers were based in the Habbo offices to do that. But they're based all over the world.

Robby-Bobby
01-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Ooh. Harsh. Hope They Unban You!

:P

fweggy
01-01-2008, 04:26 PM
I think thats a big own

But more to the points, habbo are stupid like that

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!