PDA

View Full Version : TalkSound - Logo :)

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey,

Im currently doing some work for TalkSound.co.uk, poster, flyer and logo. Just finished the logo and i would like to know what you think. TBH im not to sure about it and the colours :)

Rate and slate :)

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2852/talksoundwatermarkedcopvv3.png (http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2852/talksoundwatermarkedcopvv3.png)

Closed by Agesilaus (Forum Moderator): Too many arguments and off topic responses in this thread. Thread closed.

Forge
06-12-2007, 05:46 PM
It looks like a quick hand drawn job in paint.

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, it was a quick hand drawn in a sketchbook.

Forge
06-12-2007, 05:49 PM
and by looking at talksound.co.uk i doubt they will use it.

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 05:51 PM
and by looking at talksound.co.uk i doubt they will use it.

*Removed*

Edited by Tomm (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other users.

Forge
06-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey! No need for that! I have seen some of your other work and i liked them alot!
No need for the insult! Im just saying that with their current layout i just couldnt see that being used.

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Hey! No need for that! I have seen some of your other work and i liked them alot!
No need for the insult! Im just saying that with their current layout i just couldnt see that being used.

K sorry for being over protected, But i think theyre comptely changing with basic skin and stuff :)

Forge
06-12-2007, 05:55 PM
No problem pal. Make sure you pm me when they do! I want to see this in action! :p
Maybe it will win me over then lol :)

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 05:58 PM
No problem pal. Make sure you pm me when they do! I want to see this in action! :p
Maybe it will win me over then lol :)

Lol :)

Forge
06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
oo your message has been removed! NAWTY JOSH! :D

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 06:02 PM
oo your message has been removed! NAWTY JOSH! :D

I know, thats a bot OTT aint in?

Forge
06-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Cant blame a mod for doing his job :P

Zroc
06-12-2007, 06:18 PM
I am also doing some design, and I have just completed the badge design. To be honest I don't think it follows the style that Talksound are/should be following.

Stick to drawing, and leave the publication stuff to me ;)

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I am also doing some design, and I have just completed the badge design. To be honest I don't think it follows the style that Talksound are/should be following.

Stick to drawing, and leave the publication stuff to me ;)

Urmmm, k, says u? *Content Removed*

Edited by Agesilaus (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Zroc
06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
LMAO at that. You have seen none of my work :S

Your good at DRAWING.

zeJosh
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
*Text Removed*

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make comments that could offend others.

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Your portfolio :rolleyes: is a discrase to graphic designers

Zroc
06-12-2007, 06:33 PM
My portfolio has no design work on it LMAO!

Oni
06-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Where is the talksound thread? Im assuming its a competition????

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 06:34 PM
My portfolio has no design work on it LMAO!

No but the design or ur portfolio lol

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Where is the talksound thread? Im assuming its a competition????

Nooo, they just want me to do work for them :) And i admit i think its crap and rushed compared to my other stuff but i have so much work going on :)

Zroc
06-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Tbh I did advise them against using you, because your strengths are in Drawing...while my experience is within the publications sector.

Josh, I do know that the web design of the portfolio isn't best, and I have started work on a new one.

Oni
06-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Tbh I did advise them against using you, because your strengths are in Drawing...while my experience is within the publications sector.

Josh, I do know that the web design of the portfolio isn't best, and I have started work on a new one.
Because your school created a magazine? Your not a professional darren so dont try to act like it.

zeJosh
06-12-2007, 06:41 PM
*Text Removed*

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make comments that could offend others.

.L!nK.
06-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Oni do you know who zeJosh is?

Oni
06-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Oni do you know who zeJosh is?
iTech isnt he

.L!nK.
06-12-2007, 06:49 PM
iTech isnt he

Yep, funny on that account he wasn't being harsh, but now people didn't know who he was on this account he was being harsh :l

:Edzy
06-12-2007, 06:50 PM
It looks like a quick hand drawn job in paint.

not paint because it's vector isnt it

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Darren Togood? Who is this person lol. He clases himself as a graphic designer and he cant design for his life. And he waants me to work for him

*Private Content Removed*

Edited by Agesilaus (Forum Moderator): Please do not post private content.

Awfy
06-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Right, the graphic isn't good we all know. It's not really suitable for a logo.

*Message Removed*

Edited by Agesilaus (Forum Moderator): Please do not bully other members.

Zroc
06-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Hello there Josh,

Mine name is Darren Toogood (heard all the jokes xD!). I do class myself as a graphics designer, and I do not like your comment about 'he can't design for his life'. Have you seen ANY of my 100% complete design work?

EDIT: Hello there. I am not a publisher, that is 100% correct. I am not a reporter, that is 100% correct however I am a photographer. I take photos of a decent quality, therefore I am a photographer. I am also a graphics designer, as I create graphical design for a variety of projects. I am a high-school student correct, however it is a very stereo-typical view if you think that young-adults can not do well.

Give up what?

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Right, the graphic isn't good we all know. It's not really suitable for a logo.

Darren, could you please give it up? You're not a publisher, you're not a reporter, you're not a photographer, you're not a graphic designer, you're a high school kid. One of which is hated by the majority of people he speaks to. GIVE UP PLEASE!

LMAO and i admit its rubish compared to my other designs :)

Awfy
06-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Hello there Josh,

Mine name is Darren Toogood (heard all the jokes xD!). I do class myself as a graphics designer, and I do not like your comment about 'he can't design for his life'. Have you seen ANY of my 100% complete design work?
No one says stuff like that, it's cocky. Even I don't and I'm one of the most cockiest people you will ever meet :P

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 07:02 PM
*Message Removed*

Zroc
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
No one says stuff like that, it's cocky. Even I don't and I'm one of the most cockiest people you will ever meet :P

I am a bit confused. How is what I said 'cocky'?

Josh, lets not fight. You have seen none of my design, therefore you can not comment on it.

Awfy
06-12-2007, 07:06 PM

Josh, lets not fight. You have seen none of my design, therefore you can not comment on it.
As you're basically saying "My completed work rocks and will make your change your mind."

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 07:07 PM

If your so confident post some of your work

Zroc
06-12-2007, 07:13 PM
www.splurstudios.com/fusion.pdf

Don't you dare say it is rubbish, because it is one of the leading magazines in the country of its kind.

I have also done the fliers for this project and the Medina High School launch fliers. Over the years I have also done lots of web design, however too many to find again. I am currently working on the TalkSound project.

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 07:15 PM
www.splurstudios.com/fusion.pdf (http://www.splurstudios.com/fusion.pdf)

Don't you dare say it is rubbish, because it is one of the leading magazines in the country of its kind.

I have also done the fliers for this project and the Medina High School launch fliers. Over the years I have also done lots of web design, however too many to find again. I am currently working on the TalkSound project.

How that is one of the countries leading mag i do not know, some parts are ok but some parts aernt

Awfy
It's crap, want to know why? It's basically a Microsoft Publisher job. Also, saying it's one of the leading of it's kind if it is, it's because there are no other crap mags out there. "I Love Horses" looks more exciting and informative than that piece of paper you call a magazine.

Oni
the leading magazines in the country of its kind.
And you base this on what? Its a Isle of Wight magazine

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 07:18 PM
It's crap, want to know why? It's basically a Microsoft Publisher job. Also, saying it's one of the leading of it's kind if it is, it's because there are no other crap mags out there. "I Love Horses" looks more exciting and informative than that piece of paper you call a magazine.

Thats what i was going to say but didnt want to get another infraction lol

Zroc
06-12-2007, 07:21 PM
It was created in a very expensive program called Adobe InDesign and Photoshop CS3.

Are you saying Awfy that your opinion of this magazine is better than professional publishers. Are you saying that your opinion is right compared to a speicial schools national conferance, hosted by the Prime Minister?

Awfy
06-12-2007, 07:22 PM
It was created in a very expensive program called Adobe InDesign and Photoshop CS3.

Are you saying Awfy that your opinion of this magazine is better than professional publishers. Are you saying that your opinion is right compared to a speicial schools national conferance, hosted by the Prime Minister?
Darren, are you thick? Have you ever seen Blue Peter or SMart? Where kids send in pictures and so on which are AWFUL!!!!! but the presenters still say "Wow, isn't that nice.". That's basically whats happened to you :)

Unless you are like 18+ and looking to make a serious business, people won't comment seriously.

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 07:23 PM

K :rolleyes:

Oni
Actually it is because he is the average sort of person who would read it which ism in the end, what matters. Also just because someone said its good doesnt means its a 'leading' magazine. Not to mention that you HELPED to make it, you didnt do it on your own.

Zroc
The project is run by people such as the ex Head-Of-Art for Getty Images, and respected publishers.

I am just the graphics designer. I don't own or run the project in anyway.

Awfy
06-12-2007, 07:25 PM
The project is run by people such as the ex Head-Of-Art for Getty Images, and respected publishers.

I am just the graphics designer. I don't own or run the project in anyway.
So why use it as an example of your work. That's like a guy saying he built the Eifel Tower, when he probably only put in a couple of bolts.

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 07:27 PM
So why use it as an example of your work. That's like a guy saying he built the Eifel Tower, when he probably only put in a couple of bolts.

Yepp, and the mag is crap, whys it in a PDF word fromat

Zroc
06-12-2007, 07:35 PM
It is in PDF format because that is the best way to view it online. It is a magazine which is printed in its 10's of thousands.

Oni
06-12-2007, 07:37 PM
It is a magazine which is printed in its 10's of thousands.
No its not? Its an Isle of Wight magazine so why would it be? Also your one of 3 graphic designers and the graphics design isnt that great to be honest, its so inconsistent.

NURAVE
http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=4210607&posted=1#post4210607

Awfy
Yeah, 10 Mags for every thousand people at his school. So 10 were printed... good numbers.

Zroc
06-12-2007, 07:41 PM
The Isle of Wight is made up of around 110,000 people. I think your being stereotypicial when you say

'No its not? Its an Isle of Wight magazine so why would it be? Also your one of 3 graphic designers and the graphics design isnt that great to be honest, its so inconsistent.'

EDIT: Josh, that link...its a DRAWING. Yes your good at drawing. I am good at designing.

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah, 10 Mags for every thousand people at his school. So 10 were printed... good numbers.

lol :)

Edited by Agesilaus (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Awfy
06-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Show us the publishing numbers then, also I can safely say not everyone bought a copy :) Pretty hard to do that with any magazine, let alone some cheapy thing made by kids...

Zroc
06-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Its a free magazine, because the amount of funding (£10,000) from Creative Partnerships Southampton and Isle of Wight and the amount we get from advertisers. Please can I clear up that is is not a 'cheapy thing made by kids'.

I have no publishing numbers which are 100% correct, however I believe that Issue One was printed 10,000 times. 32 pages to Issue One.

Awfy
06-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Its a free magazine, because the amount of funding (£10,000) from Creative Partnerships Southampton and Isle of Wight and the amount we get from advertisers. Please can I clear up that is is not a 'cheapy thing made by kids'.

I have no publishing numbers which are 100% correct, however I believe that Issue One was printed 10,000 times. 32 pages to Issue One.
BBC Breaking News...

"99% Of Fusion Magazines Published Found In Skip..."

Zroc
06-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Funny. I believe that not to be true. Please let me repeat...

Awfy
06-12-2007, 07:49 PM
The point was...

NURAVE
06-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Lol, same post twice lmao

zeJosh
06-12-2007, 08:25 PM
*Text Removed*

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make rude or insulting comments.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!