PDA

View Full Version : VERt Studios Design

Awfy
07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
This is a design for my new company base site which is planned to hold all projects that are launched by our team. The main one being Kurby (Kurbed), which will be our first and most major production.

As you can see I've went for the original logo, if you had checked my previous posts.

I wanted a web 2.0 look using a simple layout as I don't want people spending ages on the site. Just wanted it fast and clean. So I stuck with AJAX content and simple content.

http://i9.tinypic.com/6pgxik8.png

Jme
07-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Looking good Greg :]

Puma
07-12-2007, 02:44 PM
it plain.. buh for some reason i lyk it lol.. i think it the green xD

.L!nK.
07-12-2007, 02:54 PM
looks crap honestly

Edited by Agesilaus (Forum Moderator): Please post your critisism in a more constructive format and give helpful advice.

Luno1599
07-12-2007, 03:44 PM
I like it nice work :), u get my PM other day

Awfy
07-12-2007, 04:35 PM
looks crap honestly
Very kind of you :P

.L!nK.
07-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Very kind of you :P

I'm sure you can do better, that just disappointed me.

Awfy
07-12-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm sure you can do better, that just disappointed me.
Suggestions then?

Zroc
07-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Its ok, but just seems to lack 'something'...but not sure what!

php.net
07-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey Awfy,

Looking at your previous work, it's not the best you can produce. The logo looks nice with the layout, although the overall "theme" of the design isn't very modern and is very plain. I think you should start again and keep it nice and clean, with looking around at professional designing companies for a bit of inspiration. Remember that your companies website should reflect on what you're capable of producing, whilst at the same time trying not to be too tacky and looks best clean.

Good luck with it. :)

Zroc
07-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah, maybe go more web 2.0 ?

Florx
07-12-2007, 06:53 PM
I like - I like ALOT!

Good work. Keep it up :)

Awfy
07-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey Awfy,

Looking at your previous work, it's not the best you can produce. The logo looks nice with the layout, although the overall "theme" of the design isn't very modern and is very plain. I think you should start again and keep it nice and clean, with looking around at professional designing companies for a bit of inspiration. Remember that your companies website should reflect on what you're capable of producing, whilst at the same time trying not to be too tacky and looks best clean.

Good luck with it. :)
Like I said, we wanted it as basic as possible. So that's what I made. I don't want tonnes of colour and a website that shows off our skills. As that's not what we're after. The website is a showcase of our products. We're not using the site to show off our skills or abilities, it's basically just showing people what projects we run.

Thanks anyway.

php.net
07-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Like I said, we wanted it as basic as possible. So that's what I made. I don't want tonnes of colour and a website that shows off our skills. As that's not what we're after. The website is a showcase of our products. We're not using the site to show off our skills or abilities, it's basically just showing people what projects we run.

Thanks anyway.

Hey,

Are you not trying to get customers from it? It doesn't really make me want to get any services from it, since it looks so basic.

+rep.

redtom
07-12-2007, 08:45 PM
The logo is pritty good, but the rest of the layout is a major let down.

Awfy
07-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey,

Are you not trying to get customers from it? It doesn't really make me want to get any services from it, since it looks so basic.

+rep.
No we're not trying to get customers from it. It's basically our base company which we build projects off. Our projects are what are made to get an income.

wewt
08-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I don't like the dividers between the nav options. Also, I don't like how they're green. Maybe make the individual link green on hover or what it's on that page.

I think you've used gradients well, I normally hate lots of gradients. I wouldn't say it's simple at all, but to those that do, read this, http://www.informationarchitects.jp/100E2R/

Awfy
08-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah but they're japanese, they think the monkey is god...

wewt
08-12-2007, 12:32 PM
;l, whether they think a monkey is God or not, they know a heck of a lot more than anyone on here.

php.net
08-12-2007, 12:36 PM

That's a very rude post you've got whilst you're starting off a base to attract customers. :eusa_snoo:razz:

They know a lot more than you about the webdesign industry, and they may indeed think that a Monkey is God, but who cares? It's better than thinking yourself to be God. :p

Jõnathan
08-12-2007, 12:42 PM
:S
Where the hell did you get that information from?

dannyisnotamazing
08-12-2007, 12:45 PM
It's alright, i like the green.

Awfy
08-12-2007, 03:22 PM
That's a very rude post you've got whilst you're starting off a base to attract customers. :eusa_snoo:razz:

They know a lot more than you about the webdesign industry, and they may indeed think that a Monkey is God, but who cares? It's better than thinking yourself to be God. :p
Seems you don't listen, it's not to attract customers. It's to show what sites we run... we're not selling or doing anything with it.

php.net
08-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Seems you don't listen, it's not to attract customers. It's to show what sites we run... we're not selling or doing anything with it.

It's rather the fact you don't provide a lot of information about it with your cocky attitude.

This sight is a showcase but you're not selling from it. Do you want customers at all or are you just showcasing your work?

Design companies can have a Studio site and another site for business, or have a studio site and accept orders through emails etc. You don't always have to sell from the site. Read that again if you don't understand, lol.

Awfy
08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
We're not a design company, we're a project company. We launch external site's which are all produced by us. We're not selling from the VERt site, all sales will be through the project sites. Such as Kurby.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!