PDA

View Full Version : HM for a week

superstar911
09-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I think Habbo should do there Hotel Manager for a week thing again tbh.

What do you think?

Boxiel
09-12-2007, 03:19 PM
lol That would be cool..

I wasnt around for the last one.. How was it judged?

CHA!NGANG
09-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Yh I would like to know this too.

KnuxIBF
09-12-2007, 03:21 PM
There was like a series of questions and it was judged on how good your answers were.

eg.

"What would you do if you were HM for the week?"

superstar911
09-12-2007, 03:32 PM
You filled in an application which asked you like 20 questions or something and then it wasjudged from that along with things like how long you've been registered, any bans etc.

But Evolution won and he was a fab FM (Obviously what he could do was restricted), he should get it perm lol.

jesus
omg i never knew there was 1 of them

laurenJP
I remember ittttt!
They should bring it back, LOL.

Processor
09-12-2007, 03:35 PM
lol yh it would be gd

Boxiel
09-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Oh lol'some.

Kardan
09-12-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't think it was that great, tbh, it was just Callie telling Evo what he could do etc... All he really did was host some events.

And I don't remember 20 questions, I think it was around 3 or something saying 'Why should you be HM?' 'What would do as HM?'.

brodeo
09-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't think it was that great, tbh, it was just Callie telling Evo what he could do etc... All he really did was host some events.

And I don't remember 20 questions, I think it was around 3 or something saying 'Why should you be HM?' 'What would do as HM?'.

I think Kardan got it about right.

@xP
09-12-2007, 04:26 PM
OMG!

I remember this, i think it'll be a good idea. Someone send a email.

Smits
09-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Yeh i remember that, it wasn't actually that good, didn't Evolution win or something?

le harry
09-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Didn't Evolution get the last one?

superstar911
09-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Didn't Evolution get the last one?

Yea he did.

Jordy
09-12-2007, 05:30 PM
I think there was around twenty questions, it was certainly more than three.

I sort of think it was good while it lasted, and as it was so good, I just don't think it'd be as good again and it'd be a let down. 'To much of a good thing' and I don't think Habbo's are mature enough to handle the competition, I'm not saying there's not a Habbo mature enough for Temporary Hotel Manager, I'm saying loads of Habbo's would complain it was rigged etc.

Yoshimitsui
09-12-2007, 05:36 PM
What exactly do you get to do in the role?

superstar911
09-12-2007, 05:47 PM
What exactly do you get to do in the role?

Evolution could probably describe that best because i'm pretty sure you were very restricted.

Slowpoke
09-12-2007, 05:55 PM
It was a bit crap tbh he didn't have any powers or get free furni...

:Act
09-12-2007, 06:21 PM
It was an interesting competition that would certainly be a good idea to do again now. At the time, i guess it was something to do and not many ppl realised a difference i think. Nowadays, i think it'd be a good idea :) I'd certainly like to be HM for a week :) Go to the offices n that.
i remember the application slightly.. i know you had to be over 18, and be able to commute to the offices everyday for a week. I fill those criteria so that'd be fun :D
And i think much more cud be done in the way of activities n things.
Yeah bring back that comp :D I WNA BE HM FOR A WEEK initz :P

superstar911
09-12-2007, 07:02 PM
It was an interesting competition that would certainly be a good idea to do again now. At the time, i guess it was something to do and not many ppl realised a difference i think. Nowadays, i think it'd be a good idea :) I'd certainly like to be HM for a week :) Go to the offices n that.
i remember the application slightly.. i know you had to be over 18, and be able to commute to the offices everyday for a week. I fill those criteria so that'd be fun :D
And i think much more cud be done in the way of activities n things.
Yeah bring back that comp :D I WNA BE HM FOR A WEEK initz :P

No wonder my app wasn't accepted, i'm not 18 lol, didn't even know they had a minimum age lol.

jesus
09-12-2007, 07:04 PM
i think this is a proper stupid idea if you get no power or owt and you arent actually involved in managing the hotel, just turning up at events etc

09-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Sounds pretty cool, didnt play uk when they did it though

Awfy
09-12-2007, 07:16 PM
BIG NO NO!

This is what causes favourites, and Evolution only won becuase he was friends with Callie in the first place. This is one of the most stupidest competitions ever, unless your nose is in a staff member's *** 24/7 you don't win. People like Universe would win easy though.

superstar911
09-12-2007, 07:31 PM
They obviously weren't going to give the person a lot of powers and then go on holiday were they? If they had done that you would be complaining that Habbo was wrecked because you can't just give someone powers and tell them to run a popular chat site can you?

I think it would be great to do this again.

GommeInc
09-12-2007, 07:33 PM
The idea was good, but it was crap. He wasn't an HM, he was more like a little helper. He had no say in matters and just did events which weren't all that good, if I remember correctly...

Soy
09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
They obviously weren't going to give the person a lot of powers and then go on holiday were they? If they had done that you would be complaining that Habbo was wrecked because you can't just give someone powers and tell them to run a popular chat site can you?

I think it would be great to do this again.
I agree also

Roboevil
09-12-2007, 08:04 PM
It's a bit of a stupid idea anyway, Habbo obviously aren't going to give them any spexial powers, I suppose a staff badge for a week wouldn't hurt but otherwise people would release all the rares, give out thousands of free stuff and muck everything up.

Ashley
09-12-2007, 08:05 PM
I remember this. All he done was like reduce the price of Lodge and Mode or something.
It was quite boring tbh.

Pyroka
09-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Let me say it like it is. It was an excuse for Callie to give herself a break from her job, and give one of her best mates a fun time as Hotel Manager. I doubt they really read the applications, as they'd conclude that everyone was like "ILL GIVE EVERY1 FREE FURNI!" so they went with who they trusted. :)

There was only like 4 questions, based on scenarios like lateness for events, etc. Callie's speciality. She got better as HM after that event... Don't you think?
:P Anyway, they won't do it ever again. Unless they were trialling people for Hotel Manager applications.

msb.
09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
LOL, I think it would be fun if the person could have more powers than just reduce norms :S, its funny how alot of us say ideas on this forum BUT does any1 send them in?

Black_Apalachi
09-12-2007, 09:32 PM
lol That would be cool..

I wasnt around for the last one.. How was it judged?

Haha I remember the time but I was anoob so I don't have a clue :P.

You filled in an application which asked you like 20 questions or something and then it wasjudged from that along with things like how long you've been registered, any bans etc.

But Evolution won and he was a fab FM (Obviously what he could do was restricted), he should get it perm lol.

I'll ask him on MSN what he got to do etc in a sec if he's online :D.

MrGazet
09-12-2007, 10:43 PM
be interesting.i didnt send an ap thou bck then :)

Shawnstra
09-12-2007, 11:54 PM
What rights did that HM get? Imagine if someone bad gets it the whole hotel will turn upside down :P

Janet Snakehole
10-12-2007, 12:04 AM
I never knew there was one of them.
:O

Must of been ages ago.
:[

Abzii
10-12-2007, 03:07 PM
I remember that lol
And yeah, they really should do it again ^^.

Jordy
10-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I never knew there was one of them.
:O

Must of been ages ago.
:[Late November 2005 ;)

lew!
10-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah it was ages ago i think lol :P I can remember but i was a bit of a noob.. i didnt take much notice of it.. I think he released a rare and did loads of games and thats it?

Evolution
10-12-2007, 07:56 PM
To clear up:

Application form was around 20 questions - questions including things such as those mentioned and the one I clearly remember was "If you could re-release any rare, what would it be and why?".

No, there was no minimum age requirement and no you didn't go to the offices either - it was during a school week.

Evolution was not friends with Callie prior to winning the competition, but did become friends after it.

Evolution did discount furni but didn't just host events - he also had to write the entire newsie, do a funky friday and other write ups like homepage updates and alerts and things. But yes, the events were suckish! I only had 2 days to prepare haha.

Prize included a 'permanent' VIP badge (which was removed in like June last year), a room designed by Callie and a 'permanent' newsie spot (Fansite Focus & Win, Win, Win). That was until the newsie was removed of course.

Was a fun comp and contrary to popular belief (and to my knowledge) I was chosen based on my application, not because I was friends with Callie... considering I had never talked to her before... how can you be friends with people you've never talked to?

The main reason people thought it was a fix was because I worked on official fansite www.habbos.co.uk at the time, but also going against mythology... fansite workers didn't have access to any staff members.

Thanks! :)

Boxiel
10-12-2007, 07:59 PM
To clear up:

Application form was around 20 questions - questions including things such as those mentioned and the one I clearly remember was "If you could re-release any rare, what would it be and why?".

No, there was no minimum age requirement and no you didn't go to the offices either - it was during a school week.

Evolution was not friends with Callie prior to winning the competition, but did become friends after it.

Evolution did discount furni but didn't just host events - he also had to write the entire newsie, do a funky friday and other write ups like homepage updates and alerts and things. But yes, the events were suckish! I only had 2 days to prepare haha.

Prize included a 'permanent' VIP badge (which was removed in like June last year), a room designed by Callie and a 'permanent' newsie spot (Fansite Focus & Win, Win, Win). That was until the newsie was removed of course.

Was a fun comp and contrary to popular belief (and to my knowledge) I was chosen based on my application, not because I was friends with Callie... considering I had never talked to her before... how can you be friends with people you've never talked to?

The main reason people thought it was a fix was because I worked on official fansite www.habbos.co.uk (http://www.habbos.co.uk) at the time, but also going against mythology... fansite workers didn't have access to any staff members.

Thanks! :)

Nice...

GoldenMerc
10-12-2007, 07:59 PM
who won the perm VIP badge?

Actor
10-12-2007, 08:05 PM
who won the perm VIP badge?

Him (Evolution), but like he said it was removed. Therefore not being 'Permanent' as promised.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!