PDA

View Full Version : Does any one celebrate Jesus?

Moh
10-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Well Christmas was ment to be something to do with Jesus, but does any one actualy celebrate it?
Like where did santa and christmas trees come from?
All christmas is about now is Pressents and Santa (yes he is real)

Neversoft
10-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Who celebrates christmas for Jesus? :S

Azul
10-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Haha, certainly not me.

Moh
10-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Who celebrates christmas for Jesus? :S
Some ppl do -cringe

Sammeth.
10-12-2007, 01:26 AM
No matter who you celebrate it for, Santa or Jesus, your celebrating a fictional character. Presents ftw.

Moh
10-12-2007, 01:33 AM
No matter who you celebrate it for, Santa or Jesus, your celebrating a fictional character. Presents ftw.
Why are you saything these things?

Sammeth.
10-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Why are you saything these things?
I think Im running out of pins to burst bubbles with. =[

Moh
10-12-2007, 02:04 AM
I think Im running out of pins to burst bubbles with. =[
Im too tired to work out what you mean.
So ill just say this, try www.staples.co.uk

Virgin Mary
10-12-2007, 04:26 AM
Why would you celebrate the pain I went through? Listen to me, we didn't have no epidural in those days :eusa_naug

Minstrels
10-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Nope I don't... I'm normal. ;)

k
10-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Nope I don't... I'm normal. ;)
So..you're saying those who celebrate xmas for jesus..are not..normal?
wow, you're a hypocrite

edible
10-12-2007, 04:47 PM
i dont celebrate jesus, but i go to church on christmas eve @ midnight.

Energizer
10-12-2007, 04:48 PM
who's jesus? :S

Cypher-
10-12-2007, 04:57 PM
some hardcore christians probably do, i celebrate christmas for my grandmother's amazing christmas dinner she really is a genius, ramsay has nothing on old granny c!

benjamin
10-12-2007, 05:06 PM
So..you're saying those who celebrate xmas for jesus..are not..normal?
wow, you're a hypocrite
that doesn't make him a hypocrite
he's just narrow minded

&no, i don't :)

Browney
10-12-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't celebrate it for the religion, but I do for the tradition. It's not so much as purely religious but as a tradition. Your parents did it. Your parents parents did it and so on. Why stop now?

FlyingJesus
10-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I don't but I think it's nice that some people do. I'm a supporter of people with faith, I just can't bring myself to believe any of it. I often wish I could though.

Jazza
10-12-2007, 05:55 PM
No I don't, nor do I know anyone who does.

Lycan
11-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Well Christmas was ment to be something to do with Jesus, but does any one actualy celebrate it?
Like where did santa and christmas trees come from?
All christmas is about now is Pressents and Santa (yes he is real)

Presents is the idea of giving, formed from a St Nicholas who secretly gave money to a poorier family one Christmas night to pay for the daughters wedding etc etc (or so its told) and the idea of giving to others and sharing the love selflessly formed.

Santa or how we he is imaged today was made by Coke.

Mr.Sam
11-12-2007, 07:00 PM
who's jesus?

Lycan
11-12-2007, 07:01 PM
who's jesus?

Guy who was meant to of lived 2000+ years ago, what he did while alive is what is argued about ... i say he was a plumber... not sure why

Swearwolf
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
i dont believe in him what so ever

jackass
11-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Well i'm quite disgusted that almost everyone celebrates christmas for the complete wrong reasons.

I'm a Christian, yes, but thats not the point anyway. If it wasn't for Jesus, there wouldn't even be a Christmas. You don't see non-muslims celebrating their religious holidays, yet almost everyone celebrates Christmas, short for Christ, from Jesus Christ. Yes, I agree its nice that everyone celebrates it as a time of coming together, because I love doing that, so its not all bad on my side, its just when I think of it in that way, it annoys me slightly.

But yeah, my opinions. :8

Moh
11-12-2007, 08:12 PM
i dont believe in him what so ever
I belive there was some one called jesus in them times BUT

Only read if you promise you wont be offended, so don't -Rep me as I warned you :P
Mary was a ***** and used the excuse of "God" and an "Angel". Also Jesus and his friends were on weed (They had wine, im sure they would of had drugs) so every thing he was suspose to have done didn't happen

Jazza
11-12-2007, 08:24 PM
who's jesus?

A Jewish carpenter zombie who got nailed to a piece of wood for saying he was god.

Smiddy
11-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Well i'm quite disgusted that almost everyone celebrates christmas for the complete wrong reasons.

I'm a Christian, yes, but thats not the point anyway. If it wasn't for Jesus, there wouldn't even be a Christmas. You don't see non-muslims celebrating their religious holidays, yet almost everyone celebrates Christmas, short for Christ, from Jesus Christ. Yes, I agree its nice that everyone celebrates it as a time of coming together, because I love doing that, so its not all bad on my side, its just when I think of it in that way, it annoys me slightly.

But yeah, my opinions. :8
Yet you see some non-christians also celebrating Christmas don't you.
Christmas day is a time for me, personally, to spend with my family and enjoy each others company.

Would you prefer we all called it Winterval if we're using it to celebrate the birth of christ (despite the fact it's been disputed he wasn't even born in the month of December?)

jesus
11-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Who celebrates christmas for Jesus? :Smy thoughts exactly

jackass
11-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Yet you see some non-christians also celebrating Christmas don't you.
Christmas day is a time for me, personally, to spend with my family and enjoy each others company.

Would you prefer we all called it Winterval if we're using it to celebrate the birth of christ (despite the fact it's been disputed he wasn't even born in the month of December?)

No, i'm totally against the name 'Winterval', and I think I made my point unclear.

I'm glad that everyone celebrates it, and would be more upset if they didn't. But its the fact that everyone shunts what its real meaning is, whether thats better or worse. Its hard to explain, sorry. :(

Smiddy
11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
No, i'm totally against the name 'Winterval', and I think I made my point unclear.

I'm glad that everyone celebrates it, and would be more upset if they didn't. But its the fact that everyone shunts what its real meaning is, whether thats better or worse. Its hard to explain, sorry. :(
Nah I understand what you mean completely. But because I myself don't celebrate Jesus, your post confused me a bit. Some people believe in different things, whether it's self productive or non-self productive, why should we question it?

Dentafrice,
11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
It doesn't matter really in my opinion, my beliefs on religion are so "out there" that I celebrate it just to celebrate it.

It doesn't matter what religion you are, Christmas is a time to put that behind you and just come together, might sound soft and cheesy, but thats what everyone does.

Some of my family are Christians and believe it is about Jesus, and some of my family are atheists and agnostics, but we all come together, give gifts, eat dinner, and just have a "merry" time.

@xP
11-12-2007, 08:49 PM
no not realy.

Hitman
11-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Huh? I thought in the bible it says "And we shall celebrate the presents!"

Joke.

No, I don't.

shiver
11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
last year i went to church on xmas eve and xmas day lol, my parents urge me to go. it's the least you can do for them, and the services are actually quite nice.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!