PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 LIVE

Mattch
10-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey just woundering how to use Xbox360 live,

Do i have to subscribe to it and do i have to have a lead or something or is it wireless?

Thaxs

All GOOD replys will be +repd

Smits
10-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I think you need a lead and you have to buy a subscription yes, check the website for more details

zainx1
10-12-2007, 07:31 PM
When you buy your xbox you should get an ethernet cable, which you just plug straight into your router (if you have 1). You can go wireless if you buy the adapter which I think is £25 on ebay

Smits
10-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Yeh thats what i thought zanix, i was just looking.

Pyroka
10-12-2007, 07:36 PM
You're most definitely right. :) When I set up my Xbox 360, all I did was get my Ethernet Cable (which I purchased from a PC shop, as it didn't come as standard), and connected it to the back of my Xbox 360. After doing this, I lead the wire to my Wireless Router (I was too cheap to buy a wireless adapter :P) and connected it into one of two ports, which are identical to your 360 ports.

Most modems/routers have the RJ45 Cable (as they are known) sockets in them now, as gaming becoming ever more popular. When you think you're ready, just go through the "Sign up to Xbox Live" process which is pretty easy to find. You should quote a gold membership code, or buy with a credit/debit card on the actual Xbox. I reccomend a years membership if you're going to, it saves so much more money.

It should then go through a test to see whether or not everything is connected properly, and hopefully it should all be okay! :)

If you have any problems whilst setting it up (which I think you do intend to do?), then just drop me a line via PM. <3

Alan_Carr
10-12-2007, 09:10 PM
You're most definitely right. :) When I set up my Xbox 360, all I did was get my Ethernet Cable (which I purchased from a PC shop, as it didn't come as standard), and connected it to the back of my Xbox 360. After doing this, I lead the wire to my Wireless Router (I was too cheap to buy a wireless adapter :P) and connected it into one of two ports, which are identical to your 360 ports.

Most modems/routers have the RJ45 Cable (as they are known) sockets in them now, as gaming becoming ever more popular. When you think you're ready, just go through the "Sign up to Xbox Live" process which is pretty easy to find. You should quote a gold membership code, or buy with a credit/debit card on the actual Xbox. I reccomend a years membership if you're going to, it saves so much more money.

It should then go through a test to see whether or not everything is connected properly, and hopefully it should all be okay! :)

If you have any problems whilst setting it up (which I think you do intend to do?), then just drop me a line via PM. <3

LOL, is there any more point posting? He's explained it all..
But yeah, buy the wireless adaptor if you dont want cables, it costs quite a bit, but its worth it tbh, and also go on play.com and buy the 12 month xbox live subscription, £34.99 for 12 months is the best deal around mate, so go for it :)

Mattch
11-12-2007, 06:42 PM
ty

see edit for reped ppls

EDIT: Igloo Pyroka zainx1

kooldude23
11-12-2007, 06:58 PM
I bought my wireless adapter for £60 R.R.P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!