PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds, Lard & French Fries!

siz
11-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Im typing on my Playstation 3 controller so mind my spelling errors,

So onto the subject, i have heard alot about McDonalds frying their fries in lard before you ship them to mcdonalds stores to be fryed again in vegitble oil whitch brings me to the conclusion that i cannot eat them as i am a vegitarian and i am a pretty strong vegitarian and im kind of sad if i cannot eat these fries (Since they are the worlds greatest fries next to lays potato chip frech fries) so yeah if anyone has any infomation can you update me on if these fries are cooked like this in Califoria, Gibraltar and England (The places i live), THANK YOU!

Im also considering becoming a Muslim.

j
11-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Being a "vegitarian" has nothing to do with animals fat? :S

It's not like you're eating meat..

siz
11-12-2007, 07:52 AM

Yes it does, i am eating somthing from meat that inoocent animals are being killed for :(, Respect my choices and help me find out.

reindeer.
11-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Yes it does, i am eating somthing from meat that inoocent animals are being killed for :(, Respect my choices and help me find out.
is this a joke thread?

siz
11-12-2007, 07:58 AM
is this a joke thread?

Nope its serious!

Jord
12-12-2007, 02:37 AM
Roflmao Fruit and veg dont have fellings hippy.

Muniflex
12-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Roflmao Fruit and veg dont have fellings hippy.
Fruit and veg? Are you reding the same thread? He is talking about the fat used from animals that have been slaughtered for food.
And yes. McDonalds french fries are originally cooked in pig fat. Then shipped to McDoanlds and cooked in Veggie Oil.
Sorry.:(

bo$$
12-12-2007, 01:41 PM
They obviously don't care.. everyone has their own opinion and if you want to find out.. do it yourself.

Either is wearing animal fur but they still think that's wrong.

Herman
12-12-2007, 01:51 PM
well, the mcdonalds over here in singapore have been certified 'halal', which also means that it is free from pork/lard and is safe for the consumption of muslims. thus, the fries have not been fried in lard before being exported here. i'm not sure about the places you've mentioned though.

and why do you want to be a muslim? i'm a muslim myself, but perhaps you should read up about it in detail before considering.

amalL
12-12-2007, 02:08 PM
As someone who once worked in McDonalds (and I will never do so, again,) I can say fries are not fried in lard. They come in large, frozen bags that are distributed to various restaurants/fast food places around here. Maybe it's because our McDonalds isn't big. But anyway, if they did fry them in lard, it wouldn't be safe to eat fries just about anywhere. o.O;

But trust me. If you work in McDonalds, you will never, ever, ever want to eat there again. Especially after you do dish washing. And after you see the fry hoppers.
NEVER.

Asher
12-12-2007, 02:26 PM
If you were a 'serious' vegetarian then you'd be avoiding McDonalds altogether. Isn't the whole point of vegetarianism usually down to the ethics of how animals get treated? And even though you don't eat their meat, you are still using their service, supply and demand, right...

Do something vegetarian like - protest, boycott!! etc etc.

Muniflex
12-12-2007, 11:52 PM
If you were a 'serious' vegetarian then you'd be avoiding McDonalds altogether. Isn't the whole point of vegetarianism usually down to the ethics of how animals get treated? And even though you don't eat their meat, you are still using their service, supply and demand, right...

Do something vegetarian like - protest, boycott!! etc etc.
Maybe he respects other peoples views nd ethics but just doesnt agree with them. Which is fair enough...

Shawnstra
13-12-2007, 12:30 AM
well, the mcdonalds over here in singapore have been certified 'halal', which also means that it is free from pork/lard and is safe for the consumption of muslims. thus, the fries have not been fried in lard before being exported here. i'm not sure about the places you've mentioned though.

and why do you want to be a muslim? i'm a muslim myself, but perhaps you should read up about it in detail before considering.

yep, I doubt mcdonalds will actually lie about this as if its found out (anyone can simply take a sample and do a lab test) there will be a huge public uproar and no one would go there anymore.

.:Normal...
13-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Ew that's gross. Switch the Burger King fries, they are better anyways ;).

Chippiewill
01-01-2008, 08:38 PM
its kind of a waste tbh

Andeeh
02-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Or Uncle Sams chips they are gorgeous =]

Superman
03-01-2008, 04:12 AM
mcdonalds tastes good so eat it and shut your whining

Kallot
03-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Ew that's gross. Switch the Burger King fries, they are better anyways ;).

i agree.

Kallot eats the fat from the McDonalds bins

Aflux
03-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Lard's nice.

fweggy
03-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Who cares whats in it, mcdonalds FTW

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!