PDA

View Full Version : How safe are we on Habbo?!

BrightFairy!
31-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey Guys!

Think of this..

In the space of around 1 month, House Keeping has been hacked around 3 or 4 times.

House Keeping holds alot of our information and this just proves that if Habbo is so easy to get into, then information about us, including our habbo stuff - just really isn't safe!

As Habbo holds personal information about us, such as email addresses and date's of birth, then legally they have to be registered under The Data Protection Act, 1988. This allows them to legally keep information about us, but as entering into part of The Data Protection Act, it is Sulake's responsibilty to make sure our information is as safe and non-corruptable as possible.

In our case, this clearly isn't happening.

As information has been leaking out, I am very confident that some of us, including Budy, mongole-hehe, Seacat and cheezy2 have the right to sue Sulake.

No matter how silly this may sound, unless they are offered some form of compensation for the damages they have suffered, it is their right to act against this.

Good luck to any of you, if you decide to go down the path of requesting compensation or even taking legal action.

The past month has demonstrated how safe our information really is, so now, the only question that plays on my mind, is who will be next?

xxx

( I apologise, as I am not 100% confident I have put this in the right section! )

Steven
31-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Indeed, it's very true, but all habbo says is "It's not our fault blah blah, sorry"

Matty
31-05-2005, 04:29 PM
It is there fault, they have utter minure security.

Blader_Boy
31-05-2005, 04:30 PM
i have said that many times, it is totally true.

BrightFairy!
31-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeh I know, but it is THEIR responsibility to make sure the information IS safe!

Pawf
31-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Sue the ******s

Motorollo
31-05-2005, 04:32 PM
there so foucsed on new members and new versions they forgot about the biggest thing security

FrozenWhisper
31-05-2005, 04:35 PM
It is there fault. I mean who's fault is it then? Ours...

SteveBrown03
31-05-2005, 04:35 PM
have u noticed, since v7 has come out, hackings into house keeping have started, and also more habbo's are being hacked, there must be a floor in the sercurity in v7 somewere

FrozenWhisper
31-05-2005, 04:38 PM
have u noticed, since v7 has come out, hackings into house keeping have started, and also more habbo's are being hacked, there must be a floor in the sercurity in v7 somewere
I never thought about that. I feel an article coming on :D. Anyway if habbo say "it's not our faults..." then really who's fault is it?

Motorollo
31-05-2005, 04:38 PM
has to be a flaw or we wouldnt be hacked so often

SteveBrown03
31-05-2005, 04:39 PM
has to be a flaw or we wouldnt be hacked so often

exactly, i think habbo should just take down v7 and put v6 back, untill they can find the flaw in the hotel

Kier
31-05-2005, 04:41 PM
You can't sue them. =/ "Not having good security" doesn't make them eligable to be sued.

Under terms and conditions we don't even own the furniture or something.

Everyone's saying how easy it is. If it's so easy you get into it.

:eusa_snoo

SteveBrown03
31-05-2005, 04:45 PM
You can sue them. =/ "Not having good security" doesn't make them eligable to be sued.

i never said it was easy, im just pointing out that there must be something wrong with the hotel's security, or this wouldnt be happening.

BrightFairy!
31-05-2005, 04:46 PM
You can't sue them. =/ "Not having good security" doesn't make them eligable to be sued.

Eh no.

I am not saying sue them because they arn't secure enough.

They are eligable to be sued as they are not complying to the terms and conditions which must be met when registering under the Data Protection Act. Therefore legal action is liable to be taken against them.

I have no desire to get into House Keeping. Obviously it's not as easy as 1 2 3, but if several people have in the space of one month - it's not exactly rocket science.

GommeInc
31-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Habbo is extremely unsafe and I have considered it a waste of money now, they need to improve their customer services and their cheap security

FrozenWhisper
31-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Habbo is extremely unsafe and I have considered it a waste of money now, they need to improve their customer services and their cheap security
I have to agree. I am not going to buy any crdits till this problem is sorted.Oh and Gomme you got your furni back yet?

SteveBrown03
31-05-2005, 04:52 PM

yea, i have sent a formal complaint letter, complaining about their security, no reply to e-mail yet, but last time i wrote a letter to habbo, i had my password changed because they wouldnt change it through e-mail

Pawf
31-05-2005, 04:53 PM

She's not saying sue them for losing furni, she is saying sue them for not keeping our info private

Revis
31-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Email your first post into Habbo Ltd or Sulake and see how they respond. Would be interesting.

Haldane
31-05-2005, 05:25 PM
hahah !11111111111

SteveBrown03
31-05-2005, 05:54 PM
what a pointless post :rolleyes: anyway, i recommend that we shouldnt go on habbo, untill its sorted

You
31-05-2005, 05:56 PM
what you gonna do for the next 500 years then

SteveBrown03
31-05-2005, 05:57 PM
what you gonna do for the next 500 years then

well what would you like, going on habbo, and you might get hacked or banned, or we all come on habbox and have a huge chat. lol

GommeInc
31-05-2005, 05:57 PM
I have to agree. I am not going to buy any crdits till this problem is sorted.Oh and Gomme you got your furni back yet?
Never had any stolen...

Motorollo
31-05-2005, 05:58 PM
i sent in the first post :p

FrozenWhisper
31-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Never had any stolen...
Oh right sorry.Anyway I cann't just stay of habbo.I only got 17 days of hc left :(.

GommeInc
31-05-2005, 05:59 PM
I feel like phoning them and telling them all this, just to see how annoyed they'll get when I talk slowly in a monotone :P

SteveBrown03
31-05-2005, 06:01 PM
lol, well i am trying, and all i get is a answerphone message, and the direct number doesnt work anymore! (dam it!) *deletes number and throws phone out of the window*

Roboevil
Well the easiest way to learn is from your mistakes so I gather Callie will get her act together now.

Motorollo
they proanbly wnt reply to mah email :{

FrozenWhisper
Soapbox is ment for this stuff.But habbo would rather not discuss it.Or they blame it on someone else.Next soapbox lets start asking about the house keeping hackings.

SteveBrown03
31-05-2005, 06:03 PM
lol yea, and get kicked, habbo dont wana talk about it because they know they are in the wrong, i say lets get all habbos on strike! then we will see who laughs last! lol

FrozenWhisper
31-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Well the easiest way to learn is from your mistakes so I gather Callie will get her act together now.
Umm this isn't the first mistake she's made.Remeber the super rares in the cat thing?

FrozenWhisper
31-05-2005, 06:04 PM
But if about 12 of us ask about it they MIGHT start to talk.Or ban us.EWirther way lets PROTEST :DDD

Revis
31-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Ive emailed the first post in aswell, but i've stated that im a parent, so hopefully i shall get a responce.

GommeInc
Hmmm, I might get my grandad to phone them so he can swear down the phone....

SteveBrown03
lol! STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE, *CHANTS* WHAT DO WE WANT? SAFE HABBO! WHEN DO WE WANT IT? NOW!! lol *turns off **** mode*

Motorollo
all they care about is profit now a dayz ever since ione left

Revis
31-05-2005, 06:06 PM
We should all gather in hallway 2 and dance for security. =]

SteveBrown03
31-05-2005, 06:07 PM
i only just joined when ione left, so i dont know how it was then, but it must of been good

Roboevil
Well somone is a brightfairy! (another cheezy2 pun, ignore it, and again lol) I'm sure Habbo have some other thing, like in their term's and conditions that says your not aloud to sue without sutible reasons or something ¬.¬

GommeInc
We should all gather in hallway 2 and dance for security. =]
I wish I could but I got Perm Safety Ban :'( :'( ANd I want to annoy :(

FrozenWhisper
Hmm sooo.Meet you all in hallway II?

hedgeog325
Yeah. good point. :p

Motorollo
31-05-2005, 06:08 PM
it wasnt very good when jibbi took over it went down hill

SteveBrown03
31-05-2005, 06:09 PM
well i ant goin, they will prob do a mass ban lol but what the heck, im goin down there when i login lol

FrozenWhisper
31-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Opps sorry didn't mean to post this.Could someone delete it?

Motorollo
31-05-2005, 06:10 PM
i quit but i mine aswell use my account 1 last time

Revis
31-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Woah i've started a revolution.

SteveBrown03
31-05-2005, 06:13 PM
lets go to hallway II and protest!!!!!

GommeInc
31-05-2005, 06:14 PM
I have sent a friend to go, I will make a new account

BrightFairy!
31-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Okay well, regarding a few of your replies I will answer them below - can't be bothered quoting everyone though lol!

Okay well, for the dude who said the post was pretty pointless, why are you reading it for a start?

Also, Habbo need us to keep them going really. We are the most popular hotel and we are the greatest income for Sulake. Without us, they rely on the few thousand that use the other 15 or so hotels. You are right, in theory - without the Habbos, Habbo is nothing, and although alot of people in this forum are saying let's never go back on blah blah. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!

Now, I wan't this to happen as much as the next guy, and give Habbo a taste of their own medicine, but you know as well as I do, that around 8000 people will not all leave all the money etc. they spent on Habbo just because of a few people, who half of them havn't even heard of was hacked.

Habbo try to avoid any confrontation with us, any time we confront them and demand answers we are either kicked or banned and as little fuss is made as possible. They came up with the idea of Soapbox so as to look like they wern't bothered about it, and there was a time and a place for it - however, maybe I am the only one that has noticed that Soapbox very rarely happens, and no-one actually heres about what happened apart from the 24 habbos who managed to get in the room!

I already emailed habbo about these problems and I know for a fact I will not receive a reply.

However, I would not like to pin point this all down to Callie's fault.

I am not Callie's biggest fan in the world, but I do not think it's fair we pin point one habbo and blame them, because it's not only her fault. The real person who is responsible for all this is Sulake - the actual company.

Also, have a look at yourselves when you all say how you wish v6 would be brought back or v7 should be took off, or that Habbo should be temporarily taken offline.

If this happened, an even bigger riot would be caused, and I gurantee the majority of people leading the riot, would be the one's saying that v7 would be took down!

We all looked forward to the release of version 7, as we wern't told we, as a society, would have to face several severe consequences, such as an increase in hacking and a decrease of security within the hotel.

( I am not trying to sound harsh, or pin point any Habbo's comments out in this post, just trying to demonstrate that it wouldn't be as good if some of your comment's came true! )

xxx

Ranger
31-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Also adding to BrightFairy's article (very informative :) ) The scripters have turned to exploiting the websites because their is nothing to do on the actual client anymore, except maybe spin a few balls, put the odd poster in the wall and change sticky colours.

It also sounds like a few Hobbas themselves are getting bored.

BrightFairy!
31-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Where abouts in Hallway 2 are you?

FrozenWhisper
31-05-2005, 06:23 PM
I never said anyhting like that.I just feel that they should spend more time and money on sercurity (sorry for the spelling mistake)

GommeInc
31-05-2005, 06:24 PM
I am in that room shaped as a cross

Revis
31-05-2005, 06:26 PM
In the middle, with all the people dancing.

FrozenWhisper
31-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Ok all lets make ourselfs heard.In the cross room place.Oh andf bring an account with no furni.We could get banned.

Revis
31-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Everyone has the right to free speech, if you get banned just explain to habbo, or say that that Kai banned you =]

BrightFairy!
31-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Okay, I have no idea where the majority of you guys are! lolol

You all seem to be in different places! Lmao! xD

Oh well, enjoy yourselves anyway!

Lets take it to the sort of.. bottom left area of HALLWAY 1!

See you there hopefully...

xxx

Revis
31-05-2005, 06:32 PM
i got d/ced which is a bit fishy...

FrozenWhisper
31-05-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm the only one protesting lol.Meet me in the cross bit of HALLWAY 2!!!!

BrightFairy!
31-05-2005, 06:45 PM
I was too..

Guys, as much as I love a good protest eveyr now and again, lol, I don't think this will get us anywhere.

Even if we have the whole Hallway full, what is it we are actually protesting for?

Better security?

The problem with the security is Habbo's carelessness which then Hack groups 'exploit'.

I am not going to stoop to the low levels in which Sulake do, therefore I do not think protesting is actually necessary - as it is just going to cause unruly, rude behaviour which will get us a mass ban with no positive outcome.

However, we can do something.. I have a plan up my sleeve and I am still in the first stages of concucting it.. I'll keep you posted! ;)

Revis
31-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Me and TrampyTramp are trying to talk to Mod-Flexy or something in my room.

Grabbed
31-05-2005, 06:55 PM
true brightfairy, but the face housekeeping was hacked this time round was due to a hobba accepting a keylogger from someone....

FrozenWhisper
31-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Ok no protest.Oh and I still think they should do something about the hackings :(.

Revenge
31-05-2005, 07:08 PM
I just got a console msg from someone claiming theyre parents are sueing Sulake. Im fully aware that its probably just talk, but how realistic is it that someone could (with a decent reason to sue) and win?

Tg
31-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Its not Version 7, its Habbo itself that is the flaw.
The only way that was possible is by sending custom data to the server.
If they know how to do that, they can do anything.
I haev seen some of the things people can do by sending custom data to the server but they are luckily responsible people that only do stuff for a bit of fun and never ruin peoples fun with it.

BrightFairy!
31-05-2005, 07:27 PM
I just got a console msg from someone claiming theyre parents are sueing Sulake. Im fully aware that its probably just talk, but how realistic is it that someone could (with a decent reason to sue) and win?

Barbie, at this moment in time, it is extremely possible that Sulake could be sued. However, not just by anyone who feels like a little law suit.

Every member of the hotel was effected, as Habbos broke the law by not complying with the terms and conditions of the Data Protection Act 1988, yet some people were effected more than others and lost furniture etc.

Sulake, have a large team of extremely proffesional laywers, and it is highly unlikely that a case would ever go ahead with this, but for the people who know their stuff about the Data Protection Act and laws within computer acts, it would, in theory, be possible..

Kyle441
31-05-2005, 09:40 PM
GO BRIGHTFAIRY!

BlueTails
31-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Seacat Doesn't Wanna Sue Habbo

Messenger :

Seacat: i had glitterkat on hand unbanning me

So He Lieks Habbo... Strange

BrightFairy!
31-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Seacat Doesn't Wanna Sue Habbo

Messenger :

Seacat: i had glitterkat on hand unbanning me

So He Lieks Habbo... Strange

Hun, you speak as though, that I made this thread to talk people into sueing Habbo.. lol

That wasn't the idea..

The idea was to inform Habbo's how unsafe we are and what method's of action are possible for us, and I was using seacat as an example.

It does not bother me wether or not anyone attempts to sue Sulake or not, it is none of my business to be honest, but I was just creating this so as to give people a better idea of how unsafe our information is.

Syd
31-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Habbo are responsible for keeping YOUR personal details SAFE. If they lose any data to the wrong person, then thats one mistake of which could lead them to being dismissed from their position at Sulake Studios. But you MUST MUST MUST remember NOT to give out YOUR personal details to anybody over the internet, they could be ANYBODY! A lot of parents are questioning their children on the internet, with what they get up to. You have to be entirely sure of what you're planning to do whilst on the internet. Many people have been found abused or malestered by a computer predator or more disturbing things. But you've just got to be EXTREMELY SENSIBLE on the internet, because one mistake could land you in serious trouble. That's what Habbo Hotel is trying to stop you from doing. Just remember what the Hobba's and Hotel Staff are there for....

ABC = Always Be Careful

SteveBrown03
01-06-2005, 07:17 AM
hey! i sent in the abc thing into the newsie a few days ago! no fair lol anyway, i agree, i have e-mailed sulake as a parent, so hopefully i will be able 2 get a few answers out of them :)

FrozenWhisper
01-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Someone sending predenting to be a parent.Say something like
Dear Habbo,
My chald has told be about the house keeping hackings.I am concredent. If the sercuity on habbo is not sort I will have to ban my child from going on it.Which will cut into your profits as my child has bourght many credits.
ect ect...

?-Doc-?
01-06-2005, 09:47 AM
I totally with all your comments and queries.
Habbo is not safe at all.
I Mean in the good ole' days there were mafia's.
And scammers, there were alot.
But hackers, especially in the housekeeping system -
And especially this big of an issue was not apparent.
-
By time , habbo has been more unsafe.
I remember how it felt roaming around without a care in the world.
Now all you see is "My Furni" , "Ive Been Hacked!" and paranoia.
-
Habbo, Get your act together.

?-Doc-?
01-06-2005, 09:50 AM
The-Rasmus-Girl , Your post made me laugh.
-
Dispite from the spelling errors.
Habbo makes it profits from thousands upon thousands of players.
Not just 1 , so one person saying "My child has been banned , and has alll his furni gone. He is a supplier of your money!" wont do much help.
-
And. Your habbox profile , where it says "Location" doesnt mean where u are right now (position) like you have stated "Sat on computer duuuuuh"
it means your country. Yea , Regards , Doc.

FrozenWhisper
01-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Yep I'm dumb lol :D. I said the credits part beacause you say stuff like that and get a reply. This has be proven by someone in the bobba forum I think.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!