PDA

View Full Version : PSP has never looked so good..

Smiddy
11-12-2007, 08:53 PM
As it does in the form of a phone.

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/11692/12716/sony-ericsson-playstation-portable-phone.phtml

Patent design at the moment!

(Wasn't sure whether to post in Techno Discuss or here.. both safe options!)

Awfy
11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Prefer the old one 100%. That just looks like a phone, a cheap one at that...

Neil
11-12-2007, 08:58 PM
That looks nice but I wouldn't get it xD

adidas™
11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Prefer the old one 100%. That just looks like a phone, a cheap one at that...

maybe because its a PSP and a phone all in one?

Awfy
11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
maybe because its a PSP and a phone all in one?
That's my point, how can it look good if it just looks like a phone...

Smiddy
11-12-2007, 09:02 PM
For a concept though.. It's probably smaller in all.

It appeals to me more than a normal PSP does.

jesus
11-12-2007, 09:02 PM
it just looks like a huge iphone

Neil
11-12-2007, 09:06 PM
it just looks like a huge iphone

It doesn't look huge at all o.O

jesus
11-12-2007, 09:12 PM
It doesn't look huge at all o.Oit looks bigger than the iphone

XX
Jamie

Neil
11-12-2007, 09:15 PM
it looks bigger than the iphone

XX
Jamie

I donno, it's only one design though?

Oni
11-12-2007, 09:26 PM
You can tell it would be mega expensive and it would have to be huge if it fitted umds in and had a large enough screen.

PaulMacC
11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
N-Gage failed, so will this.

tart
11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
N-Gage failed, so will this.

agreed

Neil
11-12-2007, 09:34 PM
You can tell it would be mega expensive and it would have to be huge if it fitted umds in and had a large enough screen.

The screen would obviously be reduced :rolleyes:
And it only needs maybe 1-2mm around the UMD slot which isn't that big, they may slide in from the top or bottom of the phone

Oni
11-12-2007, 09:41 PM
UMDs are huge and if it was going to be worth having it would have to be widescreen, the minimum size it could be is psp size which is way too big for a phone imo.

Neil
11-12-2007, 10:07 PM
UMDs are huge and if it was going to be worth having it would have to be widescreen, the minimum size it could be is psp size which is way too big for a phone imo.

Dude, Sony are not idiots, they will not have the same screen size for it, it doesn't matter if it's "not worth it"
They wont make it huge because like you said it'd be too big, and UMDs are not huge, there are NEW phones out now that are wider than a UMD so Sony could have it so the UMD goes in the top of the phone

Soy
11-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Nice so are they going to call it the pspp
[play station portable phone]

Oni
11-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Why did the Ngage fail? Because it was huge.
Psp games are developed for widescreen so wouldnt show correctly on anything but widescreen so the widescreen ratio must be maintained otherwise it would either be squashed so everythings really tall or the sides would be cut off so no health bars etc. Considering the widescreen ratio has to be maintained the smallest size it could be is psp size unless they made a tiny widescreen and it would be too thin to see anything properly and the resolution would change so all the pixels would clash hence the graphics wouldnt show properly. Even if they found a way around this is would look really ugly as the screen would have a big black box around this as the UMD size cant change.

Neil
11-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Why did the Ngage fail? Because it was huge.
Psp games are developed for widescreen so wouldnt show correctly on anything but widescreen so the widescreen ratio must be maintained otherwise it would either be squashed so everythings really tall or the sides would be cut off so no health bars etc. Considering the widescreen ratio has to be maintained the smallest size it could be is psp size unless they made a tiny widescreen and it would be too thin to see anything properly and the resolution would change so all the pixels would clash hence the graphics wouldnt show properly. Even if they found a way around this is would look really ugly as the screen would have a big black box around this as the UMD size cant change.

The Ngage failed because it was a piece of crap

The screen can be changed, they don't exactly have to make it tiny, it could be a little bigger than the DS screens and it'd be small and look fine still

Oni
11-12-2007, 10:46 PM
The Ngage failed because it was a piece of crap, it had nothing to do with how big it was

The screen can be changed, they don't exactly have to make it tiny, it could be a little bigger than the DS screens and it'd be small and look fine still
It would still have to be widescreen as if you are going to play psp games it has to maintain the same aspect ratio, it would also still have to be as tall as the psp because of UMD sizes so for greatly reducing the screen size the device wouldnt be much smaller, actually if anything it will be larger than the PSP as talktime requires alot of battery life so it would require a much bigger battery as the PSP is infamous for its battery life, there would also be the phone bit to put in etc.

Neil
11-12-2007, 10:49 PM
It would still have to be widescreen as if you are going to play psp games it has to maintain the same aspect ratio, it would also still have to be as tall as the psp because of UMD sizes so for greatly reducing the screen size the device wouldnt be much smaller, actually if anything it will be larger than the PSP as talktime requires alot of battery life so it would require a much bigger battery as the PSP is infamous for its battery life, there would also be the phone bit to put in etc.

Who cares it's gonna be a piece of crap
I highly doubt it'll be big though, Sony wont release a big phone :rolleyes:

Technologic
12-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Im getting that if it does ciome out :D

Oni
12-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Who cares it's gonna be a piece of crap
I highly doubt it'll be big though, Sony wont release a big phone :rolleyes:
Dont you get it? It has to be big or have a tiny screen as it HAS to be widescreen or psp games wont work. If its a tiny screen it still has to be as tall as a UMD though

Neil
12-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Dont you get it? It has to be big or have a tiny screen as it HAS to be widescreen or psp games wont work. If its a tiny screen it still has to be as tall as a UMD though

I was saying that :rolleyes:

They will obviously reduce the screen size (like I said)
And they can have the UMDs slide in the top of the phone (side of the PSP) the phone would HAVE to be about as wide as a DS and long enough to have a small widescreen, phone CAN be that big :rolleyes:

Hazza
12-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Interesting...
I don't really like the look of it though.

Wootzeh
12-12-2007, 06:42 PM
I got bored of my PSP, so with a smalelr screen it would lose it's novelty even easier.

Oni
12-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I was saying that :rolleyes:

They will obviously reduce the screen size (like I said)
And they can have the UMDs slide in the top of the phone (side of the PSP) the phone would HAVE to be about as wide as a DS and long enough to have a small widescreen, phone CAN be that big :rolleyes:
The minimum size it could be is DS sized in my opinion. It needs to have the psp processor and mobile phone functionality built in. Ds sized is WAY too big for a phone IMO.

Neil
12-12-2007, 08:30 PM
The minimum size it could be is DS sized in my opinion. It needs to have the psp processor and mobile phone functionality built in. Ds sized is WAY too big for a phone IMO.

DS lite I mean btw

Alan_Carr
13-12-2007, 07:32 AM
it dont look that bad

lFuture
22-12-2007, 10:28 PM
doesn't look to bad

CrazyColaist
22-12-2007, 11:23 PM
niceee

Hitman
22-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Hmm, I don't know if I like it or not.

I prefer the normal PSP!

reindeer.
22-12-2007, 11:41 PM
that is ******* phit.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!