PDA

View Full Version : .htaccess files

Ini
12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Ok, most prob in wrong section but didn't really no where to post it.

I have made a script and uploaded it to my webhost, i made the .htaccess file which i needed for the script to run correctly but i needed to change the permission of the file.

Now then the host has disabled me form seeing .htaccess files most proberly for security reasons so how can i change the permissions of the file?

I have the file on my comp if any of you no a way of doing it from there..?

Yeah so if you got any ideas please post.

Thanks..

Mentor
12-12-2007, 12:00 PM
naa as permissions are a unixy thing, so theres not much u can do outside ther server, are you sure there actally there? As it seems unlikly theyd hide htaccess's if they actualluy let u upload and have them, im not even entirely sure how they would be able 2 if you ftp'd in o.0

Moh
12-12-2007, 12:07 PM
When you load up file manager, there should be an option of "Show hidden files" tick that box and you can see it :)

Ini
12-12-2007, 12:26 PM
When you load up file manager, there should be an option of "Show hidden files" tick that box and you can see it :)
aha :D

thanks mate

Ok ive done that but now i get a 500 error

The server error handler tells me the function php_flag can not be used..

Why is that?

Dentafrice,
12-12-2007, 08:25 PM
What did you CHMOD it to?

Also you may be able to CHMOD it using PHP's CHMOD function, depending on if you host allows it or not.

http://www.php.net/chmod

Ini
12-12-2007, 08:40 PM
CHMODed to 666

but i get an internal server error (500)

when i check the server error log it says i cant use php_flag

Florx
12-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Ask your host.

Dentafrice,
12-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Can't use HTACCES files I guess..

"may be overridden by php_flag settings in the server configuration file or local .htaccess files. "

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!