PDA

View Full Version : [URGENT 29+REP] PAYPAL DISPUTE Q

Ostinato
14-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey just a quick question I really need answered asap!

If I open a dispute with someone to get a refund on paypal because they haven't delivered an item - how quickly will I get the money back?

Thanks

Elkaa
14-12-2007, 04:13 PM
20-30 days, unless the seller agrees to refund.

GoldenMerc
14-12-2007, 04:14 PM
If the seller doesnt reply within a week i think you auto win woo !

Ostinato
14-12-2007, 04:15 PM
God are you serious?

This guy is ripping the crap out of me basically.

I bought something on the 2nd of december and it still isn't here. On a lot of his other feedback it seems people haven't been receiving items for like 23 days and stuff though, but I need this for Christmas and by the seems of his feedback he has mis advertised a lot of it!

I was hoping I'd get the money back immediately so as to buy another one?

Elkaa
14-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Not a chance. Paypal state "20 days for seller to respond" or if you escilate it to a claim, "upto 30 days"

Ostinato
14-12-2007, 04:18 PM
So basically I need to wait for this idiot to get it here.

I think I will receive it because all the other people who have bought one have, but basically I'm really quite annoyed its taken so long and I think it's also going to be mis-advertised.

It also angers me how if I give him neg feedback he will do so back to me out of spite, despite me paying immediately.

GoldenMerc
No wait, its Christmas time i ordered a controller for my 360 3 weeks ago its been sent deffently and it still isnt here i phoned the post office and they said that its christmas things may take up to 1 month to get there.
Ross

H4xm3
pwnd imo tbh k bi

Elkaa
That's eBay for you -_-

mat64
14-12-2007, 04:19 PM
You either have to wait for the seller to give a refund or if you don't think the seller is giving you what you want then you can esculate the dispute to a claim and PayPal will review the case and decide whether or not a refund is needed. You have about 20 days to dispute or esculate to a claim before the dispute is closed.

Ostinato
14-12-2007, 04:20 PM
No wait, its Christmas time i ordered a controller for my 360 3 weeks ago its been sent deffently and it still isnt here i phoned the post office and they said that its christmas things may take up to 1 month to get there.
Ross

So do you really think there is just a delay with post?

And don't try and patronise me about Ebay. I've sold and bought things on it for the past 3 years and never had any problems nor have I really this time as I will receive the item in good time, I just need it quicker due to personal commitments.

Edit: it says I have up to 45 days to open a dispute anyway, so I think I will just need to wait and I can still open one after christmas if need be

GoldenMerc
14-12-2007, 04:24 PM
I want my controller to ya no !
what did he say about it?
Have you spoke to him?

Ostinato
14-12-2007, 04:29 PM
I want my controller to ya no !
what did he say about it?
Have you spoke to him?

He said it's just the postal service cause he's defo sent it and that it should be here by the end of the week at the latest...

How long have you been waiting? I bought on December 2nd so been 12 days for me...

[Btw I wasn't telling you not to patronise me lol]

Ed.
14-12-2007, 04:30 PM
You gotta wait for the seller to give a refund or it will be reviewed and you might not get it but you might

GoldenMerc
14-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I baught mine 29th november

Ostinato
14-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I baught mine 29th november

Oooh so we are in the same ship! Whats your guys feedback like? I was looking at when people bought items from him and when they left him feedback to see how long it took...

GoldenMerc
14-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Somewere in the 2000's
i never use Ebay no more but its far cheaper than shops, I dont use ebay cos of the ammount of ******** with over 3000 rep and they do take like 3 days to postage then i like negitive rep and they like go nuts, + the ammount of scammers ew

Ostinato
14-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Somewere in the 2000's
i never use Ebay no more but its far cheaper than shops, I dont use ebay cos of the ammount of ******** with over 3000 rep and they do take like 3 days to postage then i like negitive rep and they like go nuts, + the ammount of scammers ew

Well hopefully I'll just get this soon... it angers me that I've waited so long and my seller isn't the greatest communicator either.

GoldenMerc
14-12-2007, 04:43 PM
I dont think my seller is even english...
Ye i also need this item pretty badly i was hoping it would come in like a week max but this is taking the ****.

Ostinato
14-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I dont think my seller is even english...
Ye i also need this item pretty badly i was hoping it would come in like a week max but this is taking the ****.

Lol same but it's too late to get a refund to buy another now!

Keep me updated on yours, I'm praying mines comes tomorro! Your seller got in touch with you? >:l

GoldenMerc
14-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Nah i was like hey mate my controller hasnt came, Then he said oh call your post office and i called them and they said about christmas time, Must be a pretty busy christmas eh !

Ostinato
14-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Nah i was like hey mate my controller hasnt came, Then he said oh call your post office and i called them and they said about christmas time, Must be a pretty busy christmas eh !

Indeed. This has been the biggest year for people buying online too though so I guess that has made it worse...

GoldenMerc
14-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Theres no ways for them to speed it up ether realy exept get more staff

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!