PDA

View Full Version : easyBB Project

Forge
14-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Hey.
Me and some other people will soon be developing a new free bulletin board package.
It will come with the basic features such as,
- Automatic installation pages
- Users with avatars, profiles etc
- Posting threads, replying, quoting, quick replying
- Search
- Private messaging
and so on...

But it will also come with little features that you wouldn't think would be on a bulletin board such as the ability to draw your own profile picture (Yes like Bebo) and it will come with a built-in live support system (that can be turned on and off) and many more features that will make this one of the best free bulletin boards available.

The project is still being analysed from every angle so your ideas would be much appreciated!

You may be thinking this is another script that will be forgotten about and left. But your wrong. This project will have money pumped into it whenever needed and will be kept going strong for the years ahead.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and i hope you have some great ideas for it! :)

Luke

CH3LS3A
14-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Music on the profile would be good,
That's if there isn't already going to be :P

Forge
14-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Hmm.. Ill take that into consideration. Its a good idea thanks! :) +rep

CH3LS3A
14-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks,
No Problem ;)

Rockstar
14-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Good luck,
You'll most likely fail but Good Luck anyway....

Prove me wrong

Forge
14-12-2007, 07:18 PM
What makes you think that we will fail?

Beau
14-12-2007, 09:07 PM
... I really wish people would stop being so negative, and just tell someone they will fail before something has even begun.

Sounds cool, love the name, can't wait to see something once the project gets off the ground ;)

Forge
14-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks! :)

It took ages to think of a name that was simple and easily remembered.

Oni
14-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Good luck and kosmickitten he isnt the one who copies and pastes layouts from tutorials.

Ruley
14-12-2007, 09:52 PM
you know u said u can "Draw" your own avatar?

why not give the option to upload that to a page where people can adopt that as their avatar so they can edit it? Like a group of 5 ppl messing around with 1 avatar :P

adamFTW
14-12-2007, 09:58 PM
This seems interesting, I think it'll turn out well. The name is short, simple and catchy.

@ Kosmickitten: You don't know that at all, for all you know it could be the next vBulletin (popularity wise).

Beau
14-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Exactly. Projects like Runescape, vBulletin etc started off small. Look what they've worked up to now.

VistaBoy
15-12-2007, 12:23 AM
well good luck with it and hope it will get done and be up for download when its done.

Forge
15-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Ruley
you know u said u can "Draw" your own avatar?

why not give the option to upload that to a page where people can adopt that as their avatar so they can edit it? Like a group of 5 ppl messing around with 1 avatar :P

Great idea! It may not be in the first verion but i will make it available as a modification if we decide to use your idea. :)

Thanks for the comments guys! Keep them coming! ;)

Oh and if i didn't state before, easyBB will be free

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!