PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Lynn Spears pregnant at age 16.

Kardan
19-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Britney Spears' sister Jamie Lynn is 12 weeks pregnant with her first child at the age of 16, according to reports.

The Zoey 101 star is expecting a baby with her long-term boyfriend Casey Aldridge. She only told her family last month after she took a home test and visited the doctor.

In a magazine interview with OK! Jamie Lynn revealed: "It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected. I was in complete and total shock and so was he."

After she found out the news Spears waited to make her announcement, saying: "I took two weeks to myself where I didn’t tell anybody.

"Only one of my friends knew because I needed to work out what I would do for myself before I let anyone’s opinion affect my decision. Then I told my parents and my friends. I was scared, but I had to do what was right for me."

Jamie Lynn admitted that her mother Lynne was upset when she first told her the news last month, but claimed that she is supporting her now.

Lynne, who is already a grandmother to Britney's two boys, said: "I didn’t believe it because Jamie Lynn’s always been so conscientious. She’s never late for her curfew. I was in shock. I mean, this is my 16-year-old baby."

Nickelodeon, which airs Jamie Lynn's US show, released a statement saying: "We respect Jamie Lynn’s decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn’s well being."

Spears is planning to raise her child in her home state of Louisiana so that "it can have a normal family life".

Teenage pregnancy :rolleyes:

Charlie
19-12-2007, 02:56 PM
If she still has her show Zoey 101, she really isn't setting a good example for all the teenagers that watch it, especially since she's only 16.

--ss--
19-12-2007, 03:05 PM
I watch the show regularly when i'm bored , anyway I agree with the above , she's not setting a very good example for all her fans.
She doesn't seem like a person who'd have a teenage pregnancy but what do you expect if you have someone like Britney as your sister :rolleyes:

Elkaa
19-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Thought the legal age for sex in America was 18, not 16?

flux
19-12-2007, 03:10 PM
in her TV show they can just not film her bottom half, they do that enough with people who are pregnant anyway, it isn't hard. also, setting an example for fans? it's her life, she shouldn't have to plan every little aspect of her life around her fans - and as she said this wasn't planned, she was shocked. but i admire the courage she has to keep the baby instead of the easy escape route of abortion.

good luck to her is all i say :]

Bibliophobia
19-12-2007, 03:51 PM
HAHAHHAA ******* ****

edible
19-12-2007, 05:47 PM
in her TV show they can just not film her bottom half, they do that enough with people who are pregnant anyway, it isn't hard. also, setting an example for fans? it's her life, she shouldn't have to plan every little aspect of her life around her fans - and as she said this wasn't planned, she was shocked. but i admire the courage she has to keep the baby instead of the easy escape route of abortion.

agreed.
it's her life, let her do what she wants.
congrats to her!

cocaine
19-12-2007, 05:49 PM
more fool her, no wonder there are so many stereotypes about teenage pregnancies.

PaulMacC
19-12-2007, 05:53 PM
congrats wd.

Energizer
19-12-2007, 05:55 PM
she's fit

dannyisnotamazing
19-12-2007, 06:20 PM
she's fit
i agree

Mario
19-12-2007, 06:29 PM

the head people at nickelodeon will just punch her in the stomach.

Cryptoo
19-12-2007, 06:38 PM
oh dear.

haha my friend loves zoe101 bue hates the spears :P
haha.

what name will she give it this time

Jupar
19-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Isn't it just awful her boyfriend is like 19.. I hope he doesn't fall out with her and she's only 16 bless her heart.

She may turn into the new Britney Spears at this rate. :$

BobX
19-12-2007, 09:23 PM
What?? My names not Casey Aldridge!! ;) :P

and oh gosh i hope she turns out like her sister in the looks department, so badly ;)

she is already doing very well ;) :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!