PDA

View Full Version : Fulham have sacked manager Lawrie Sanchez

Hoodstar
21-12-2007, 12:26 PM
source: bbc.co.uk/sport.

Fulham have sacked manager Lawrie Sanchez with immediate effect.

The club are struggling in 18th place in the Premier League, having won just two games all season, their last win coming against Reading on 3 November.

"Losing Premiership status is a proposition that simply can not be contemplated," said a club statement.

The 48-year-old's departure comes just a day after former Fulham midfielder John Collins's sudden resignation as Hibernian manager.
The ex-Scotland midfielder's exit sparked a flurry of rumours that he may return to Craven Cottage.

Fulham have announced first team coach Ray Lewington and reserve team manager Billy McKinlay will take charge of the team for Saturday's home game against Wigan.

"The club is confident that it will find the right replacement to increase its chances of remaining in the Premiership, which is of vital importance," said the statement.

Sanchez becomes the seventh managerial casualty of the Premier League season.

The former Northern Ireland boss had been under pressure following a run of four defeats in five games, which saw Fulham drop into the relegation zone.

Sanchez had been given the job full-time in May having replaced Chris Coleman on a part-time basis last season.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/7155545.stm

PlKEY-ARMY
21-12-2007, 02:46 PM
im quite shocked about all this tbh i would of atleast thought they would see how he does in januarary transfers

Jordie
21-12-2007, 03:04 PM
im not shocked

he spent over the top on players who have flopped especially those from the championship

good decision i think

Alan_Carr
21-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah, theyre gonna get the Former Inverness manager, who resigned yesterday, its obvious cos i was in scotland and read the papers etc, i hated Sanchez anyway, he always had an excuse, like blaming the ref when his team were shocking.

Hoodstar
21-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Inverness?

If you're referring to John Collins.. he was the manager of Hibernian..

Alan_Carr
21-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah thats the one, forgot, they remind me of each other, and yeah, he's gna get Fulham job, if not that, Scotland :)

Dawsy
21-12-2007, 06:21 PM
What A Shocker! He Was Amazing!

Alan_Carr
21-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Are you avin a laugh?
His record is terrible :)

Malbranque
21-12-2007, 08:06 PM
He shouldn't have left Northern Ireland.

Hoodstar
21-12-2007, 09:10 PM
He should of been given more time imo.

Half a season isn't enough to really implement your style on a team.

Alan_Carr
21-12-2007, 10:09 PM
He was never honest and said the truth about his team, that they were shambles.
He would never admit his own teams faults.
He should have stuck with N Ireland...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!