PDA

View Full Version : Computer Virus Compensation

xBenxx
23-12-2007, 12:14 AM
As some of you know, im a business freak and i love it! and while looking through one of the business forums i go on i found this post and thought you guys could discuss it!

Another rant!

If i where a farmer and my heard of sheep had to be slaughtered due to infection, i could fill in a form and receive some money back in way of compensation. (some farmers have actually managed to get more for the slaughtered meat than they would have on the open market).

However, if my and anyone elses computer systems are effected by a virus then tough!! Hours and hours of downtime, expensive repairs, sometimes easier to 'slaughter' the system and buy new. What do we receive - NOTHING, just you should have bought some anti-virus software! - well we have and it didnt work !! Maybe Mr/Ms Farmer you should keep your hygene standards up and use disinfectant !!!

Wootzeh
23-12-2007, 12:24 AM
You sholdn't get compensation.

Hitman
23-12-2007, 12:47 AM
You sholdn't get compensation.I agree; It's the persons fault for downloading the virus!

It's like a bridge with a sign saying "DON'T JUMP, YOU COULD DIE!" and then you go and jump off.

Ekalb
23-12-2007, 12:49 AM
People can pretty easily prevent computer viruses though. This guy needs to brush up on his spelling but tat's not what this is about.

WarezKid
23-12-2007, 12:49 AM
As some of you know, im a business freak and i love it! and while looking through one of the business forums i go on i found this post and thought you guys could discuss it!

Arent you the one who owns that computering site?

xBenxx
23-12-2007, 12:50 AM
yes, i am

Arent you the one who owns that computering site?

Kardan
23-12-2007, 12:51 AM
It's his fault, so he shouldn't get any money.

WarezKid
23-12-2007, 12:53 AM
yes, i am

Oh kk,

Also, can you blame the person, even if he an idiot at the PC, and didnt know what he did?

xBenxx
23-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Ok well the point this guy is trying to make is that even if we protect our PC's and they get broken we still gotta pay. but if a herd of sheep catch a disease why do they get compensation.

Kardan
23-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Ok well the point this guy is trying to make is that even if we protect our PC's and they get broken we still gotta pay. but if a herd of sheep catch a disease why do they get compensation.

It's your fault if the protection fails. And it's nature that a herd of sheep die, you can't prevent it.

xBenxx
23-12-2007, 12:57 AM
It's your fault if the protection fails. And it's nature that a herd of sheep die, you can't prevent it.

But you can get injections for your herd.

Kardan
23-12-2007, 12:58 AM
But you can get injections for your herd.

Not for foot and mouth etc.

xBenxx
23-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Not for foot and mouth etc.

Oh! Lol. but do you guys see where this guy is coming from?

Kardan
23-12-2007, 01:00 AM
Oh! Lol. but do you guys see where this guy is coming from?

Yes, but in my opinion, he's wrong.

Mentor
23-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Well to give a simlar senario, it would be more like if mr farmer had just imported a ship ment of wolfs and let em loose in his feild of sheep. I somehow doubt any famer would be getting any compensation if he did that, while with the computer hes pretty much just gone and done that.

le harry
23-12-2007, 08:25 AM
I wish you could compensate for viruses and crap. I'd be rich from my laptop.

Jazza
23-12-2007, 10:56 AM
People who use helping-ict.com should get compensation for being exposed to dangerous morons.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!