PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: How to use live if your connected via wireless but have an ethernet cable

Three
26-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Tutorial: How to use live if your connected via wireless but have an Ethernet cable and a ethernet socket in your pc by Three

Step one:

Boot up your computer, Then click Start > Connect To > Show all connections it should look like this:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Method-Hosting/screenie1.png

But instead of network bridge at the top it should say Lan or High Speed internet.
Don't matter if it doesn't show much aslong as it shows your ethernet port disconnected and your wireless network connected.

Step two:

Get your ethernet cable, put one end in your pc; and one end in your xbox 360 then on your xbox go to system > network settings > and test xbox live connection and it should say Wired on the first one, and ip address not assinged, know we are going to share the data from your wireless network and allow it to broudcast via ethernet to your xbox 360 and allowing you to play live!

Step three:

The bridging, this is slighty harder part,
I want you to open network neighbourhood; click Start > Connect To > Show all connections and then make sure both of the ethernet and the wireless are enabled, i want you to highlight them both and right click (left click for left handers!) this should open up a menu and it should look like this:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Method-Hosting/screenie2.png

Click bridge connections, then it should say please wait while windows bridges these connections and it should disconnect you and connect to your wireless network, and then your computer ethernet still connected to your pc, you can go to system > network settings > and test xbox live connection and do all the test it will skip wireless because your wired via ethernet to your computer.
If everything loads on the test page you can tell your xbox what your live gamertag is, and if you need any 48 hour codes i'm here for you.

Downers:

+ If your wireless cuts out, so does your xbox live
+ if your computer is off, so if your live

Upsides:

+ No need for spending £56 on a wireless adapter
+ Easy to do and clutter free as your only using a little cable
+ Fast and easy

I hope you like my tutorial, i found it by accident and it worked >.<
Need any help, pm me, or post in the thread.

peace, three.

Thread stuck by Agesilaus (Forum Super Moderator): Helpful thread stuck with the permission of Elkaa.

Three
26-12-2007, 11:56 AM
15 views no comments ;[

yido
28-12-2007, 06:44 PM
v nice rep i use this method :D

Alan_Carr
28-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Wow
Thats great man, thanks alot :)
It doesnt affect me but its very good though man, this thread should be STUCK, cos theres tons of posts about " How to connect with Ethernets "
Well done man :D
+rep

Azul
28-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Nice guide mate, nice of you to invest some of your time in producing it. Gonna give my mate the link see how he gets on.

Alan_Carr
28-12-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm surprised you did so much detail mate, but still im glad i have a wireless adaptor ;D

yido
28-12-2007, 07:07 PM
i done it this way easyer and cheaper ;D

Three
28-12-2007, 11:56 PM
I have got professional screen recording software (camtasia) and i could make a video tutorial with my microphone too ^_^

j
29-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Please do.

Very nice guide but I still prefer wireless :P.

benjamin
29-12-2007, 09:05 AM
should be stuck
well useful.

Three
29-12-2007, 11:39 AM
cool cool, when i have some spare time i'll make the tut you will hear my voice lol

Alan_Carr
29-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Three, did i accidentally -rep you? :O
I was meant to +rep you man soz! Soz if im bumping the thread, but yeah, ill +rep u once ive spread, cos i must have clicked negative by accident sorry man, i love this thread <3

Three
29-12-2007, 10:19 PM
don't we all :P

Alan_Carr
30-12-2007, 10:21 AM
You gna get this thread stuck? ;D

Three
27-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Stuck :D

Neil
28-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Stuck :D

Don't say who stuck it though, someone didn't do a very good job :rolleyes:

Crayonic
22-02-2008, 11:26 AM
I am still saving for an adapter!!!

Thanks anyway! But I hardly get it... You are connected to VIA computer all wired? Me computer newb :)

benjamin
10-03-2008, 12:23 PM
i'm not allowed my xbox downstairs now so i gotta resort to doing this, got it all set up etc. but when i went to bridge connections, my wireless (going from pc to router) disconnected and wouldn't re-connect.

any help?

Robbie
02-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Just to point out to you guys, bridging wont always work. If that fails, unbridge them, then select your wireless connection, right click it, click properties then advanced, then tick 'Allow other users to connect through this computer's Internet connection'

:)

benjamin
12-05-2008, 03:28 PM
i tried that and now network connections is saying that local area connection has a cable unplugged
owwwww damn.
Just to point out to you guys, bridging wont always work. If that fails, unbridge them, then select your wireless connection, right click it, click properties then advanced, then tick 'Allow other users to connect through this computer's Internet connection'

:)

ConCepTz
22-09-2008, 02:01 PM
I might aswell do this instead of buying an adapter. Thanks.

jakey,,
07-12-2008, 08:45 AM
you don't need to do all this mate i got wireless livebox and i just stuck the two main cables in plugged in
and put in the ethernet cable from xbox to wireless router cos u get 2 wireless slots and it just worked....

J0SH
08-12-2008, 02:33 AM
you don't need to do all this mate i got wireless livebox and i just stuck the two main cables in plugged in
and put in the ethernet cable from xbox to wireless router cos u get 2 wireless slots and it just worked....

This is for plugging it into your PC, it's good for people who have a router in their living room but their PC is upstairs.

Seads
08-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Ahhh god sake, I read it after I buy the wireless adapter lol

RareFish
22-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I use this method with a laptop rather than a PC so I can play my 360 where-ever I go.

Nemo
23-03-2009, 05:52 PM
I didnt really look at this thread however useful it is. I just stuck the cable into the router and then the other end into my 360, and it worked.

underscore
23-03-2009, 06:06 PM
I didnt really look at this thread however useful it is. I just stuck the cable into the router and then the other end into my 360, and it worked.

This is for ethernet > PC then to bridge the networks ;)

rnix
31-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Would love to see this updated for Windows 7 :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!