PDA

View Full Version : Help with 360 question

OmgitsAmanda
26-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm going to get a 360 tomorrow but I have a question. I read this information on a website and it totally confused me.

5. The HDTV connection is not a HDMI connection. It uses the Red/Green/Blue PR/Pf/.. and Red/White AL/AR connection scheme so make sure your TV has that or you need new cables (more expense).

Now, would this mean I would have to buy an extra cable to be able to play the 360 as I only have a standard TV and it uses Red, green, blue connection thats it, it doesn't include red or white. So my question is would I have to buy an extra cable to be able to play the 360 or would I be okay just using my red green blue connection?

mangle
26-12-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm going to get a 360 tomorrow but I have a question. I read this information on a website and it totally confused me.

5. The HDTV connection is not a HDMI connection. It uses the Red/Green/Blue PR/Pf/.. and Red/White AL/AR connection scheme so make sure your TV has that or you need new cables (more expense).

Now, would this mean I would have to buy an extra cable to be able to play the 360 as I only have a standard TV and it uses Red, green, blue connection thats it, it doesn't include red or white. So my question is would I have to buy an extra cable to be able to play the 360 or would I be okay just using my red green blue connection?

Nope , standard TV's are fine. It comes with a red yellow and white attached. It did with mine anyway :)

Describe
26-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Mine came with the red yellow & white & Green blue and red (HD I think)

Johno
26-12-2007, 11:09 PM
The cable that comes with the Premium (Not sure if it comes with the Arcade) is a Switchable Cable (Can change from normal TV to HD)

The Red + White + Yellow are used for the standard TV and therefore the switch will be at "TV"

If the component (Red + White + Red(Component) + Blue + Green) are connected the switch has to be set to "HD"

In simple terms, The cable that is supplied with the Xbox can be used for HD TVs and Standard TVs :)

.:; Johno

OmgitsAmanda
26-12-2007, 11:12 PM
The cable that comes with the Premium (Not sure if it comes with the Arcade) is a Switchable Cable (Can change from normal TV to HD)

The Red + White + Yellow are used for the standard TV and therefore the switch will be at "TV"

If the component (Red + White + Red(Component) + Blue + Green) are connected the switch has to be set to "HD"

In simple terms, The cable that is supplied with the Xbox can be used for HD TVs and Standard TVs :)

.:; Johno

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
+rep to all answers.

Alan_Carr
27-12-2007, 10:19 AM
You get a hd cable wid it newayz.
U gta switch it to HD

j
27-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Mine came with two wires. Well it's one wire with two thingys.
One is like Red blue and yellow and the others Red white and red.

I guess you could use a scart..

reindeer.
27-12-2007, 12:54 PM
the wires come with a scart attachment
if you have a spare scart socket in the back of your tv then wack it in there.

Jam
27-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah. Premium and Elite come with the Component cable which is 720i whereas the HDMI is 1080i. The normal AV cable is half of the complonent cable so the Yellow (Video) is left dangling.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!