PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy a wii :) give good and bad points also help me decide paymnt options:)

BowTies1
28-12-2007, 12:38 AM
right i played my brtohers wii its was pretty fun :)

so i have now decided to buy one should i

buy one in cash with my Xmas money and have just a few pounds left

or

like buy it out a cat and pay it up for a year that way ill be paying extra because its £6 a week for 52 weeks but that way i can keep my xmas money and pay the £6 pound out my pocket money etc

You
28-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Buying it straight out will be better and easier (imo)!

BowTies1
28-12-2007, 12:58 AM
yeh it will be easier but i wont have much for games thats the thing if i pay it up even tho it will come to about £70 more i will be able to spemnt 200 or more on games there and then

kk.
28-12-2007, 01:14 AM
definitely straight cash, no hassle or anyting with direct debit or anything.
if you an aford to do the £6 a month then it wont take long to get some more games anyway

BowTies1
28-12-2007, 01:39 AM
yeh i agree to above but im only 15 my brother or mum will be doing all the direct debit sutff all i have to do is habd £6 to them weekly

kk.
28-12-2007, 01:47 AM
then why not pay cash and explain to them that its cheaper for you and ask to borrow money :)

benjamin
28-12-2007, 01:51 AM
downsides:
novelty wears off VERY quick
and it's only fun when you play with mates after a while.

also if your brother has one, i really don't see much point in having two in one house.

iAdam
28-12-2007, 08:32 AM
also if your brother has one, i really don't see much point in having two in one house.

Ditto. Plus if you pay for it now you can just rent games untill you get enough cash to buy them or borrow them off your brother.

chanel$
28-12-2007, 03:17 PM
As some of the others have said - i would just buy an extra remote, its only 30 quid which saves ALOT if you buy that and share with your brother rather than buy your own.

PaulMacC
28-12-2007, 03:54 PM
downsides:
novelty wears off VERY quick
and it's only fun when you play with mates after a while.

Thats your opinion, The novelty hasnt wore off for me, perhaps I pick good games instead of PS2 ports :rolleyes:

You
28-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Thats your opinion, The novelty hasnt wore off for me, perhaps I pick good games instead of PS2 ports :rolleyes:
He's actually correct, i've had my wii for about 7 months now and novelty has wore off quick.

PaulMacC
28-12-2007, 04:00 PM
I've had my Wii for 12 months now and the novelty hasnt wore off, I wouldnt call it a novelty, I'd call it a feature.
Again thats your 2 opinions, Im sure there are 50+ more Wii owners on this forum who think different, what games have you got mate?

benjamin
28-12-2007, 04:03 PM
of course it's my opinion :S

BowTies1
28-12-2007, 04:03 PM
and to all those saying therre shoudnt be 2 in the house ever thought my brother has his own house ????

Update found a better deal if i dont buy with cash : £4.40 for 52 weeks

You
28-12-2007, 04:11 PM
I've had my Wii for 12 months now and the novelty hasnt wore off, I wouldnt call it a novelty, I'd call it a feature.
Again thats your 2 opinions, Im sure there are 50+ more Wii owners on this forum who think different, what games have you got mate?
Wii Sports
excite Truck
Wii Play
Sonic and the secret rings
Super Paper Mario
Harry Potter
Wario Ware
Mario Strikers Football
Smackdown vs raw
Simpsons Game
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics
metroid prime 3
marioparty 8
Mario galaxay

PaulMacC
28-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Wii Sports
excite Truck
Wii Play
Super Paper Mario
Harry Potter
Wario Ware
Mario Strikers Football
Smackdown vs raw
Simpsons Game
metroid prime 3
marioparty 8
Mario galaxay

Oh I see, then you have most of the good ones, fair enough.
though I doubt you have all them.

You
28-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh I see, then you have most of the good ones, fair enough.
though I doubt you have all them.
Yes i do have them all, i'm not sad enough to lie. Face the fact, i have the good games and the novelty does wear away quite quickly.

Mitch4?
28-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Wii Sports
excite Truck
Wii Play
Super Paper Mario
Harry Potter
Wario Ware
Mario Strikers Football
Smackdown vs raw
Simpsons Game
metroid prime 3
marioparty 8
Mario galaxay

If the novelty wore off, why did you continue to buy games?.
++ Novelty hasn't worn off on me, sure the games like Wii sports, Wii play and Wario ware, as well as mario party have. But that's only because there meant to be played with people. The games i have like, Red steel, Zelda, Rayman, Big brain academy, mario galaxy i still enjoy to play. Except rayman, thats rubbish :P But still!
Awesome console mate, defenitly worth buying it straight away. £6 a week, that's like a new game every month near enough, You'll find that you will be able to get more money from like birthdays and other things too.

You
28-12-2007, 04:43 PM
If the novelty wore off, why did you continue to buy games?.
++ Novelty hasn't worn off on me, sure the games like Wii sports, Wii play and Wario ware, as well as mario party have. But that's only because there meant to be played with people. The games i have like, Red steel, Zelda, Rayman, Big brain academy, mario galaxy i still enjoy to play. Except rayman, thats rubbish :P But still!
Awesome console mate, defenitly worth buying it straight away. £6 a week, that's like a new game every month near enough, You'll find that you will be able to get more money from like birthdays and other things too.
Don't you think it would be a bit stupid to only have one game and say the novelty wore off? You buy games to keep the novelty going but eventually nomatter how many games you have, the novelty wears off.

Anyway, i'm not trying to persuade him not to get the Wii, i was simply just agreeing with Ben.

BowTies1
28-12-2007, 11:30 PM
well im buying wii no matter what anyway the novelty wares off its jsut an excuse to get back at wii becuase its done something differnt no one says 360 wares off because it doesnt same as wii its fun in its own ways if your not into the games it has out thats why the ovelty has wore off

PaulMacC
28-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Get the Wii, I personally recommend it.

reindeer.
28-12-2007, 11:45 PM
well im buying wii no matter what anyway the novelty wares off its jsut an excuse to get back at wii becuase its done something differnt no one says 360 wares off because it doesnt same as wii its fun in its own ways if your not into the games it has out thats why the ovelty has wore off
it sounds as if you'd already decided before posting this thread, you're defending it now but you did actually ask for bad/good points about it.
you've just dismissed the bad point :)

You
28-12-2007, 11:54 PM
It's not really an excuse to get back at nintendo for doing something new and unique... It's the truth.

BowTies1
29-12-2007, 01:00 AM
its not the truth tbh thers alot of wii owners who dont say oh the novelty has worn off

PaulMacC
29-12-2007, 01:22 AM
One would be me who has had the Wii since launch.

Simmzay
29-12-2007, 07:41 AM
I've had it since launch too. I was going to buy it before I knew it was ever to become the Wii because I'm a fan of Metroid, Zelda and Mario. I wouldn't say the novelty has worn off, but the controls can restrict some games from being created on there. Infact this whole novelty nonsense is illogical. If the Wii is just waggling the remote then any other controller is just smashing buttons around. The real faults of the Wii are with the graphical capability and online play (friend codes), but apart from that it's worth purchasing.

Cryptoo
02-01-2008, 01:20 PM
um.
get one.

btw if peeps say u get tired. thats aload of crap. unless ur like rly fat.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!