PDA

View Full Version : TheHabbo - Preview (Homepage)

Awfy
30-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Okay, time has come to get some views and suggestions about TheHabbo's layout. As this is Habbox I know you guys and dolls will have very expressive ones so tell me. I'm going to do my best to implement all good suggestions and ignore the random or weird.

The site is basically built upon a vBulletin (my speciality) and will allow users to create and publish content which can then be recommended by TheHabbo's Editors as part of our official content. There is also the profile feature like I had on my previous site MyBobba. However, we're trying to improve the modification ability by keeping the basic layout simple yet attractive.

You will notice we're a VERY colourful website using a lot of different ones. Trying to stick to the Web 2.0 look of the new Habbo site. Also you may have noticed I have no friends :( It's just because none are online as it's the holidays :P I swear I'm not that unpopular :)

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc241/Awfy/preview2_wm.png

Moh
30-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Thats Very Nice!

Awfy
30-12-2007, 01:34 AM
Thats Very Nice!
Thanks, any suggestions of how to improve it? Or possibly any ideas for the site itself...

loserWILL
30-12-2007, 01:55 AM
It's nice as always, I get to see the live preview, lucky me. :)

Awfy
30-12-2007, 08:21 AM
It's nice as always, I get to see the live preview, lucky me. :)
:P Thanks :)

Awfy
30-12-2007, 09:14 AM
*Can't edit previous post!*

Here's a preview of the content setup on the site at the moment, apollogies for it being an external image. Just it was too large to display in a thread;

http://up.thehabbo.com/images/1199101173.png

Blob
30-12-2007, 11:01 AM
thats really good... need any help?

Awfy
30-12-2007, 11:03 AM
thats really good... need any help?
How could you help us?

GoldenMerc
30-12-2007, 01:36 PM
That sever atm, Wasnt that made for the opening of SpeedHosting in 04?

Awfy
30-12-2007, 01:37 PM
That sever atm, Wasnt that made for the opening of SpeedHosting in 04?
I never made it so I wouldn't know. Someone gave it to me, as I had a Pura Fridge there instead. That seemed more appropriate :P

Kyle
04-01-2008, 10:17 PM
That's amazing, well done. I like how you didn't just basically copy nearly every other fansite out there, you used you own ideas, etc... anyway...

It looks... a little, well, I don't know... plain? although it's not, because it's very colourful and in your face, so maybe put some more things on it, yeah, I've basically just asked the same question you're asking us, sorry I couldn't help alot but I like it anyway, if that helps? :D

Awfy
05-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Thanks for all the views :)

Blob
05-01-2008, 11:25 AM
How could you help us?

I can do alot of php

chrisgocrazyH
05-01-2008, 11:55 AM
looks like abouthabbo.com but very nice +REP

Swearwolf
05-01-2008, 12:07 PM
still the best fansite over there and lucky me has access to the live site :D

Invent
05-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I can do alot of php

Job taken sorry :p

Blob
05-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Job taken sorry :p

Ahh well, more time on other projects.

Awfy
05-01-2008, 04:33 PM
looks like abouthabbo.com but very nice +REP
Looks like AboutHabbo, when both the owners work on TheHabbo. Other way around.

lTechnic
05-01-2008, 05:01 PM

or, they don't look the "same" at all, as many sites are now switching to the new habbo style, Habbo-Info, TheHabbo, AboutHabbo, HabboLakeHouses and posibably more out there. The reason what links them all together in my opinion is the grey theme, and the headers. The main thing is people do not exactly copy peoples designs, like printscreen them.

Awfy
05-01-2008, 05:09 PM
You sure about that? BainzeyHosting on this forum tried to sell this without giving me anything;

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5453/lalala1qd3.png

lTechnic
05-01-2008, 05:25 PM

You sure about that? BainzeyHosting on this forum tried to sell this without giving me anything;

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5453/lalala1qd3.png

I put money on alot of that was screened, or made by looking at your layout.

MrCraig
05-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Defo think this will make official one day :)

good luck at it =]

today
05-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Greg, BOOYAH! Right i'll do my feedback on the layout so far :)

The Banner background reminds me of BittyBay room paper, i havent compared them and i dont intend to its just they seem similar to the point someone could get it mixed up? Along with there not exaclty Habbo related, or Habbo style for that matter!

The "navbar" looks alright though it doesnt stand out to me, And all the text being capitals looks boring, maybe spice it up with either bigger images? More colorful images? Or generally the font colour changing as its grey on grey, doesnt seem like it goes with the rest of the layout (colourwise / colourful)

The banner advertisment area looks pretty neat minus the dark grey area on the pink box, it seems abit too dark for the box, maybe lighten it up abit so it fades better with the box, not too light though! And where you've got the "Headline titles" such as "Mini Dash Online Friends" ect. That seems too bland, compared to the rest where it either has images next to the words, or it generally stands out. Im not sure i like how the font is either it just seems too plain compared to the rest maybe change the font size so its smaller and add a small icon next to?

I keep jumping around the layout, didnt intend to but im back at the "advertisment pink box" where the headtitles are from im guessing headlines on the forum? Well the backgrounds, the grey, seems abit light for me maybe you could darken them or make the font colour another colour maybe pink? Darken the grey and pink can look good. Its just hard to read for me. (i mean with content "like omg Stay Active!"

The content box labled "stats" seems too big for what actually is there, could we not make it smaller and you could even add another box next to it, depending on how small you could make it. Theres too much wasted space there.

And finally the "mini dash" content the icon/button "go to my profile" could that not be smaller? Everything seems too aligned with each other, boxes, icons, buttons, text everything! Its like something you'll look at but never touch as you dont want to mess it up!

----

The new image you shown http://up.thehabbo.com/images/1199101173.png.

Now i understand where your getting at but if you had some "noobs" go onto your forum and click "edit profile" and saw that, they'll scream for help and flood the forum for help. Either make it easy to edit and not 50 boxes and more! Or have pre-set themes and a "generator profile" so all they need to do is add 'background image' colour hex codes (from preset list) and then they get the code! As thats too complex for many users Specially for a Habbo fansite. I know some habbos would love to edit their profile loads but dont forget the less well css/html guys too!

Awfy
05-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Um, I didn't understand most of that post. Where did edit profile come into things :S

today
05-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Um, I didn't understand most of that post. Where did edit profile come into things :S
Ignore edit profile, i got confused with another website preview image and yours. :]

Qunix
19-01-2008, 03:35 AM
Awfy...

That looks Stunning, you must be very proud of it, well done mate

cunning
19-01-2008, 04:19 AM
Looks good though

Qunix
19-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Yep xD VERY Good

imLukee
30-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Wow. Looking good. xD

Assassinator
30-01-2008, 09:12 PM
That is amazing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!