PDA

View Full Version : ChartHabbo.Net Template contructive critisism please.

tedz
30-12-2007, 04:54 AM
From others i have made i have recieveed high critisism as i havent ever really made a habbo template so please give me the credit of first time trying. I made this template and i quite like it but now its time to hear your views, only constructive critisism please that i can Improve of.
I have to templates to show you.

Number 1:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1807/charthabbocompletelayouye6.png

Number 2:
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8679/habbolayoutcompletepreiem0.png

Awfy
30-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Your trying to be too 'advanced' for a Habbo layout. Your using gradients and large chunky boxes. For a Habbo fansite they should be outlined nicely with a dark coloured line with pixelated corners of about 6 radius. Stop using shape tools and pre-made gradients, just makes the site look bad and non-habbo styled.

Don't say "oh but once the banner is in it will look habboey" no it won't. Base design is where a site looks habboey not the graphics you put on top. Majority of Habbo fansites (at least the well designed ones) will be done by hand. Get the paint tool out, set it to 1px and get drawing.

tedz
30-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Thankyou for that, but the trouble is what am i trying to get to? like i have looked at good sites like habbomeadow etc and there all good but i can never make my sites look habboey even when i try use there ideas and work on them. Have you got something that you think i should be aiing for? like a basic habbo template?

Awfy
30-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Well like I said don't use shape tools or Photoshop brushes for Habbo sites. BIG NO NO. Try working with the 1px Paint tool for a while. Print screen some sites and zoom in close to see how to draw corners and so on. Then implement them onto your own design. Don't copy and paste however that may be the worst thing you can do.

tedz
30-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Iwould never copy and paste and i havent used no brushes on it so thats something, but ye ill do what you say and try it out. +Rep

Meti
02-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Lol. I don't like them so much. But if i have to choose by one of them, i would choose the first one. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!