PDA

View Full Version : Forum Games Board - Stop post count rising?

Kardan
30-12-2007, 11:41 PM
A few members on the forum would like that board to have post counts nulled, as it's a VERY fast way of getting posts, and with the new reputation system many people are going to be looking at getting higher post counts.
You could reply to each of the Forum Games every few seconds if you alternated with a friend.

Anyone else agree/disagree and why?

You
30-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Please do this :D

Kardan
30-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Please do this :D

I'm sure if they did do this it might make everyones current post count drop :rolleyes:

benjamin
30-12-2007, 11:50 PM
not gunna happen
been discussed loads of times

Lycan
30-12-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm sure if they did do this it might make everyones current post count drop :rolleyes:

Yes... i think that happens when posts that are worth 1 are suddenly worth 0 ...

after all this kind of thing shoudn't both the managment after reducing the rep system is just another pointless thing which will now cause trouble and have to be done to keep the balence between posts and rep.

bo$$

nope
they made a thread about this awhile ago and they said they wouldn't delete the section, just hide it and make a new one. So all the posts and such stay

Elkaa
not gunna happen
been discussed loads of times

Indeed, this was already discussed by management, as well as going to the public vote - It was decided to keep the post count.

Lycan
30-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Well... to be honest if the mangement don't listen to members ever... and do what they wish as a whole (rep being the latest and probebly most obvious) then surely this will happen because most members don't want it.

Hurts
30-12-2007, 11:55 PM
If most members didn't want it, it wouldn't of won the poll vote?

Smiddy
30-12-2007, 11:56 PM
The public are bound to do what they think is best though, that'd be as silly as at the next election - We'll let you vote for whoever you want. "The new prime minister of the united kindom is *enter name of someone who'd please the country for a short while - but end up leaving it in turmoil*"

I'm still all up for this Aiden. Have been for ages :)

Kardan
31-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Indeed, this was already discussed by management, as well as going to the public vote - It was decided to keep the post count.

Can I ask when? Maybe we can have another poll to see if the forum has changed their mind/opinion.
Then again, I think there's more people that play the forum games for their post counts than sensible members that realise it's an easy way to get your post count up so the poll would still go against us anyway.

bo$$
31-12-2007, 12:05 AM
http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=416282

Seems to me the public vote says yes

jackass
31-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Been put forward several times.

People voted against it, it won't happen.

Kardan
31-12-2007, 12:06 AM

Seems to me the public vote says yes

So it does, can we request another poll then or go by the results of that as it was only two months ago :)

Lycan
31-12-2007, 12:07 AM
i think we can go on that poll....

bo$$
31-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Been put forward several times.

People voted against it, it won't happen.

Once again..

How did people vote against it? Over 50% said yes

jackass
31-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Once again..

How did people vote against it? Over 50% said yes

I seem to remember it needed to be over twice as many no votes as yes to pass. That has 46 yes, 28 no. 46/2=23, so too many people voted no.

Mentor
31-12-2007, 12:18 AM
A few members on the forum would like that board to have post counts nulled, as it's a VERY fast way of getting posts, and with the new reputation system many people are going to be looking at getting higher post counts.
You could reply to each of the Forum Games every few seconds if you alternated with a friend.

Anyone else agree/disagree and why?

Ill agree to that, Forum games are more spam than the spam forum itself is.

Smiddy
31-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Ill agree to that, Forum games are more spam than the spam forum itself is.
I wouldn't quite go that far, seen half the rubbish posted in there lately?

Superman
31-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I also made this (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=410679) poll beforehand (which sparked the official one MAD made) in which the voting and post content showed clearly what the majority view was.

bo$$
31-12-2007, 12:23 AM
I seem to remember it needed to be over twice as many no votes as yes to pass. That has 46 yes, 28 no. 46/2=23, so too many people voted no.

Ahh I hear what you're saying. Even at that though, it's extremely close to being a "Get rid of the post counts" decision which shows that most of the forum wants it gone. This applies for both the official + flyingjesus' one

Mentor
31-12-2007, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't quite go that far, seen half the rubbish posted in there lately?
Yea.. The games forum massively outspams it in terms of crappy content.
I occasionally use the spam forum just for mindless talk, as is its purposes it seems. The games forum on the other hands only purposes is to boost peoples post count by playing a load of pointless and mundane games.
How you concider count to a million, 1 number per post at a time more spammy, that a "hello lolz" kinda stuff i dont really understand.

Kardan
31-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I also made this (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=410679) poll beforehand (which sparked the official one MAD made) in which the voting and post content showed clearly what the majority view was.

Exactly, we have 2 polls, one official proving that the forum does want it scrapped. Just need management to see this now :)

Smiddy
31-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Yea.. The games forum massively outspams it in terms of crappy content.
I occasionally use the spam forum just for mindless talk, as is its purposes it seems. The games forum on the other hands only purposes is to boost peoples post count by playing a load of pointless and mundane games.
How you concider count to a million, 1 number per post at a time more spammy, that a "hello lolz" kinda stuff i dont really understand.
I suppose because I don't pay much attention to forum games now, I just see numerous new posts in the spam forum, generally saying the same thing of either "hi lzol" or "rep if you do this xxx" so on so forth.

Kardan
31-12-2007, 12:27 AM
I suppose because I don't pay much attention to forum games now, I just see numerous new posts in the spam forum, generally saying the same thing of either "hi lzol" or "rep if you do this xxx" so on so forth.

Which is much more effort than:

:)

Smiddy
31-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Which is much more effort than:

:)
Hmm, not all games are like that though, some do require a score of under 1 (IQ) to do "use the last letter of this name and make it the start of a next"

or, in my pants..

and also!!

Example idea "Hi."

requires the same effort :P

Kardan
31-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Hmm, not all games are like that though, some do require a score of under 1 (IQ) to do "use the last letter of this name and make it the start of a next"

or, in my pants..

and also!!

Example idea "Hi."

Yeah, point taken.

But everyone that has posted sees that most of the Forum Games board is pointless posts and something needs to be done :)

And hey, you might as well do it whilst everyone is caught up about the reputation changes, maybe they won't notice ;)

You
31-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Yes, i do know what the effects will be, smartarse.

Mentor
31-12-2007, 12:32 AM

or, in my pants..

and also!!

Example idea "Hi."

Hence, there both spam and nether should have counting post counts. Spams post count doesn't count, yet the spam in games does. It seems illogical to me.

Superman
31-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Tom are you saying that most of Marc's posts are crap

Smiddy
31-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Yeah, point taken.

But everyone that has posted sees that most of the Forum Games board is pointless posts and something needs to be done :)

And hey, you might as well do it whilst everyone is caught up about the reputation changes, maybe they won't notice ;)
Hahaha love the logic ;)

But yeah I sound like I'm gunning for Forum Games here, I'm not, honestly. Just saying, I see Spam and Forum games on the same level. And don't see why people should care about post count :S (I even asked to have some removed about a year 1/2 ago..)

Tom, yes I am :)

Mentor
31-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Meh im still for games having post counts removed. Its just more spam.

Kardan
31-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Elkaa read this and he didn't reply with anything bad ;)

Maybe he's requested it to be implemented or another poll ^^

Superman
31-12-2007, 12:55 AM
On a tactical level, they could take note of this and act on it to distract people from the rep issue *hint*

Mentor
31-12-2007, 03:06 AM
On a tactical level, they could take note of this and act on it to distract people from the rep issue *hint*

Except people actually want this to happen and are asking for it (this thread), while they didn't want or ask for the rep change (hence they instead have a thread complaining about that change).

Earthquake
31-12-2007, 03:56 AM
What a rubbish idea, clearly jealous and attempting to higher your post count.

le harry
31-12-2007, 03:58 AM

I am in total agree-ance Damian!

Mentor
31-12-2007, 04:17 AM
o.0 it would make post counts go down... not up? How in the world would it make a post count go up?

le harry
31-12-2007, 04:19 AM
o.0 it would make post counts go down... not up? How in the world would it make a post count go up?

I think he means so it evens up post counts with others. :P

Invent
31-12-2007, 04:22 AM

I can only see the reason why most people are against this is that they know most of their posts are in that section and they know if this idea was put into use they would lose a high amount of (spam) posts.

Mentor
31-12-2007, 04:26 AM
I think he means so it evens up post counts with others. :P
Sounds fair :p
Mines higher than his already anyway & likely wont be effected by the move if they did take it.

jesus
31-12-2007, 11:17 AM
its a good idea to make a new forum games section and hide the current one, so nobody loses out.

saying this it wont happen so stop making threads on it

reindeer.
31-12-2007, 12:18 PM
this was talked about recently.
i fail to see why you care.

Kardan
10-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Bumping to see if any management have any updates on this?

Will it be implemented, or another public poll perhaps?

jesus
10-01-2008, 09:14 PM
why does it bother you so much?

Kardan
10-01-2008, 09:15 PM
why does it bother you so much?

Because you can get your post count up so easily, in my opinion a post count should reflect how many times you've contributed to a forum, now how many times you can count to a million :)

jesus
10-01-2008, 09:16 PM
it doesnt matter its only a number

jrh2002
10-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Bumping to see if any management have any updates on this?

Will it be implemented, or another public poll perhaps?

Where is the old poll? :o

it doesnt matter its only a number

You tell all the ppl that about their rep power Mr President.

today
10-01-2008, 09:20 PM
im all for this! poll please.

Kardan
10-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Where is the old poll? :o

You tell all the ppl that about their rep power Mr President.

Yes (46)
No (28)

Nothing came of it :rolleyes:

jrh2002
10-01-2008, 09:36 PM
I will bring it up for you :)

Kardan
10-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I will bring it up for you :)

jesus
10-01-2008, 09:38 PM
I will bring it up for you :)there was an idea that the forum games section would get hidden and a new one created which doesnt have rising post-count so that nobody loses out which a lot of people backed up so i think you should suggest something along the lines of that :)

jrh2002
10-01-2008, 09:45 PM
there was an idea that the forum games section would get hidden and a new one created which doesnt have rising post-count so that nobody loses out which a lot of people backed up so i think you should suggest something along the lines of that :)

I have pointed them to this thread which also contains the link to the poll so they will see all of that.
Maybe that would have been a good idea for rep so once ppl got to the highest current members rep they struggle to get more instead of ppl losing rep power which was the main issue and not the change itself.

jesus
10-01-2008, 09:46 PM
the post above is exactly the reason you should vote me for the habbox council!

advertisin ere

but it does make sense to keep the users happy

le harry
10-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Hiding the forum & creating a new one free of post count rising sounds good. :)

Jordy
10-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Hiding the forum & creating a new one free of post count rising sounds good. :)I think it's a good idea, but I think it's also an unfair idea. They didn't do that with the reputation system and say 'We won't touch the old reputation, it'll just be reputation from now on' - Instead they change all rep that's ever been on habboxforum which I find unfair. For that reason I think the forum games section should go to 0, so if you have any posts in there, with immediate effect your post count would go down. I think that evens it all out.

jrh2002
10-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I think it's a good idea, but I think it's also an unfair idea. They didn't do that with the reputation system and say 'We won't touch the old reputation, it'll just be reputation from now on' - Instead they change all rep that's ever been on habboxforum which I find unfair. For that reason I think the forum games section should go to 0, so if you have any posts in there, with immediate effect your post count would go down. I think that evens it all out.

How does it even it out? it just annoys another group of members.

---MAD---
11-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Sierk and I discussed this in depth and thought about the pros and cons of keeping it and pros and cons of removing post count from the games forum.

We decided its best we keep post count going. If we remove the post count from the forum, it will not be used and if it is used, it will be spammed instead of games actually taken seriously and played as they are meant to be.

Obviously we will keep an eye on it and if anyone just spams it instead of playing the games how the game is meant to be played, they will be dealt with.

Also as usual any spam games will also be moved into the spam game.

Some people enjoy posting in that forum and the reward for them is gaining post count, I don't think it does any harm.

We realise quite a lot of people don't like this but the forum has been part of the forum for years. But we will keep an eye on it.

jesus
11-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Sierk and I discussed this in depth and thought about the pros and cons of keeping it and pros and cons of removing post count from the games forum.

We decided its best we keep post count going. If we remove the post count from the forum, it will not be used and if it is used, it will be spammed instead of games actually taken seriously and played as they are meant to be.

Obviously we will keep an eye on it and if anyone just spams it instead of playing the games how the game is meant to be played, they will be dealt with.

Also as usual any spam games will also be moved into the spam game.

Some people enjoy posting in that forum and the reward for them is gaining post count, I don't think it does any harm.

We realise quite a lot of people don't like this but the forum has been part of the forum for years. But we will keep an eye on it.OH MY GOD!

did you actually just post that?

finally you are realising that things like this are harmless, next stop - REPUTATION!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!